Is this the best Chelsea team ever?

Is this best Chelsea team ever?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Is this best Chelsea team ever?

• Yes
    • No

On 3/8/2017 at 1:02 PM, Tautvix said:

Jose's 1st Chelsea was far better than Ancelotti's or this team. Everyone who watched that Chelsea, will agree with me.

2004-2005. Correct. I was sad we didn't see great replacements for Robben and Duff for years to play with Drogba. Drogba carried our attacking line much more than he should have been required after those two left the club (while Lampard scored way more than a CM should).

The biggest difference at the present moment compared to years since Makelele left is that we now have Kante. Kante is the genuine top CM that we lacked with an inadequate Mikel while only briefly having a healthy Essien and one M. Ballack for a few seasons. 

Right now, we need more at WB, more scorers up top, and more in CM. Not the best team ever.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team of 2004-8, with Didier-Essien-Lamps was very powerful.
I liked the team of 2013-14 (maximum points from the derby matches) but no stamina.
I did n't like the 2014-15 team (comparatively speaking !) but there was no opposition of any kind.
2015-16 is the year we like to forget of course.
The present team has the makings to become the best ever.

If you factor in the manager into the equation than this is the best team we have had outside of Jose's mark one sides, in my opinion.

I would say our team under Hiddink in 08/09 was better considering that team also showed its greatness in europe, but otherwise I pretty much agree with you.

5 minutes ago, Beigl said:

I would say our team under Hiddink in 08/09 was better considering that team also showed its greatness in europe, but otherwise I pretty much agree with you.

That's a good shout actually, Hiddink mark one was up there with Jose mark one and Conte in terms of the confidence and assurance he brought us, however with the spell only being 4 months he can't really be compared to Jose and soon to be Conte overall.

• 1 month later...

It's far from the best Chelsea we've seen, but it's undoubtedly the team which fulfilled it's maximum potential. You can't compare players like Moses, Alonso, Matic, Cahill and Luiz to the likes of Carvalho, Cole, Essien, Ballack, etc... These teams (2005-2009) had 7-9 world class players whilst this term we posses maybe 3 (Tibo, Hazard and Kante). That said, these teams lost 3 championships to United so I can't say we got the most from them, but in my opinion, there is no chance in hell this year's team comes close to competing with Ronaldo's United.

I also think that the 2010 team was better, while the 2015 was worse. Anyway, next year I think that with the right recruitments, we can challenge those great teams, we have the right foundations.

On 5/12/2017 at 3:04 PM, Footballover said:

I also think that the 2010 team was better, while the 2015 was worse. Anyway, next year I think that with the right recruitments, we can challenge those great teams, we have the right foundations.

THIS! I'm very intrigued to see what happens in the window.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/28/2017 at 11:33 AM, BlueLion. said:

Abso-fucking-lutely not. 

The best Chelsea team ever - IMO, our 06/07 team - wouldn't have surrendered like little bitches in a game of such magnitude as those turds did yesterday.

(sorry for the late reply only just seen this).

Sorry to be pedantic but that team did at Anfield ;)

• 2 months later...