Luiz Felipe Scolari will not force Frank Lampard to stay at Chelsea

Luiz Felipe Scolari has promised Frank Lampard that he will help make his 'dream move' to Inter Milan become reality, according to reports.

The former Portugal manager had talks with Lampard in the days leading up to taking over at Stamford Bridge and said: "If you're unsettled here, then I'll try to help you."

However, he appears to have gone back on his word, for in his first press conference with Chelsea, Scolari said the England midfielder would stay for years to come.

His latter comments would not have been welcomed by Lampard, who is said to have been upset with Chelsea's refusal to offer him a contract that would see him finish his career at the London club.

A Portuguese source talking to The Sun said: "Mr Scolari agreed that there was no point hanging on to a player who didn't feel good about his deal. The last thing Mr Scolari wants is a player who is not 100 per cent committed."

Meanwhile, Chelsea are now looking to sell Andriy Shevchenko, following a string of poor performances for the club since signing two years ago for £30.8 million.

Chief executive Peter Kenyon flew out to Sardinia yesterday to hold talks with AC Milan's vice-president Adriano Galliani about a possible return for the Ukranian striker.

Shevchenko has scored just nine League goals for Chelsea, but has still cost the club £130,000-a-week in wages.

The 31-year-old does not feature in Scolari's plans and owner Roman Abramovich is said to agree that the time has come to let the player go.

Galliani said: "Shevchenko has remained in our hearts."

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he wants to go we should let him go.As said no point doing what Man you are doing and keeping a player who doesnt wana be here.But so far he hasnt so much stated so hmmm all a bit bizare

And yeh I dont think he's as childish as Gallas

Least he aint come up with a priceless 'Im a slave comment' or something bizare

If he wants to go we should let him go.As said no point doing what Man you are doing and keeping a player who doesnt wana be here.But so far he hasnt so much stated so hmmm all a bit bizare

I think United have more reason to try and keep hold of Ronaldo than Chelsea do Lampard to be fair. Ronaldo was an absolute goal machine last season and an integral part of a very successful United side, plus he's not a 30 year old asking for £150,000 a week. Besides that, his contract is a lot longer than Lampard's. If we had Ronaldo I don't think we'd be doing anything different to United right now.

One of the differences between the players' handling of the situation (with neither of them coming out publicly to offer an explanation to the supporters) is that Ronaldo, to my knowledge, hasn't pledged his love - and the rest of his career - to United for the past two seasons.

We have to face facts, he can kiss his badge as much as he likes but Lampard doesn't want to be at Chelsea and his only true loyalty is to one person - Frank Lampard.

Yeah? Then why did his agent tried to undermine BF's first press conference with us? He won't do that if Frank doesn't approve of the action, will he? This article was released on the same date as BF's first press conference.

I think United have more reason to try and keep hold of Ronaldo than Chelsea do Lampard to be fair. Ronaldo was an absolute goal machine last season and an integral part of a very successful United side, plus he's not a 30 year old asking for £150,000 a week. Besides that, his contract is a lot longer than Lampard's. If we had Ronaldo I don't think we'd be doing anything different to United right now.

One of the differences between the players' handling of the situation (with neither of them coming out publicly to offer an explanation to the supporters) is that Ronaldo, to my knowledge, hasn't pledged his love - and the rest of his career - to United for the past two seasons.

We have to face facts, he can kiss his badge as much as he likes but Lampard doesn't want to be at Chelsea and his only true loyalty is to one person - Frank Lampard.

It's been a couple of seasons since he stopped doing that anyway.

The Lampard situation in general shows just how todays' footballers are totally out of touch with the fan base now. All this "These are my people, I want to stay", Its all pony, yet, for some reason, the vast majority of our fan's take this shite in and our adulation of him deepens even more. These cunts are more than happy to feed on our adulation but are quick to treat us like the cunts we clearly must be.

Personally, I hope Lampard fucks off as soon as is possible. This has dragged on for two years, for one fucking contact, its pathetic. You'd think he'd show a bit more respect after all the sympathy he received after the sad passing of his mother, but no, fucking no chance. He has shown himself up to be a right cunt, every bit in the same bracket as Gallas sadly. He's mugged us off for two years, two years.

Makes you wonder what the likes of Ronnie Harris, Charlie Cooke, Kerry Dixon, etc think of the current climate of footballer's today?.

John Terry, Franco Zola, Dan Petrescu, Robbie Di Matteo showed class. Gallas, Robben and Lampard have all shown their colours. Dont get me wrng, In his time with us, he's been outstanding for us, Year in/year out........But he's been FUCKING well paid for it and it never, ever gives him the right to mug the fans off.

Gallas copped the hump as he alleges he was on far less than the majority of first team regular's. Given the fact that he was one of our most consistent performers, Not too mention easily the most versatile, Its little wonder he got the needle.

Bye Frank

Edited by changingman2000

The club has been nothing but good to Frank now he's showing it no respect.

If he wants to leave he should just admit it. We deserve to know truth.

He's a legend at the club why would he want to effect that

Edited by Kez

The club has been nothing but good to Frank now he's showing it no respect.

If he wants to leave he should just admit it. We deserve to knoe the truth.

He's a legend at the club why would he want to effect that

Yeah, just too bad he doesn't have the guts to say he wants to move on. His ego and greed is ruining his image, too.

Football 365

INTER WAIT FOR LAMPARD

FRANK LAMPARD will sign with Jose Mourinho's Inter Milan for FREE on January 1,' says the News of the World, who claim that a deal worth £160,000 a week is on the table for him to sign in Italy as soon as the clock ticks past midnight and he is free to sign for other clubs.

Lampard has apparently been told that Chelsea will not budge on an offer of £140,000 a week for four years, and that is just not acceptable to Lampard. One of his 'most trusted pals' said: "Even if Blues eventually crumble and come up with a new five-year deal, I'm sure Frank will tell them where to stick it - the damage is done."

Roman Abramovich is said to be ready to lose £16m over the next season 'on a matter of principle' rather than sell Lampard now - turning down a £10m fee and paying a disgruntled player £6.1m over the next season. Obviously the credit crunch is not really biting in west London...

Me! i'm fucked off with lampard too, if it's true what he's been offered... fucking hell does he really think that 28 million £'s over four years is not acceptable, well fuck off lampard and take that cunt drogba with you, mind you i should have been sussy about you in the first place 'cos it seems to me that any or all of the players that kiss their club badge and indicate to the crowd, they're usually the two faced cunts and most disloyal and can't wait to get away.

so i'm now on another self exile, i was wating for the tickets to go on sale for the 1st game of the season not anymore, i'm not going to any more games not buying anything from Chelsea at all.... i'm not going to contribute to lampard's or drogba's wages... after the way they've insulted CFC and us as well.. so until we get rid of the pair of them i'm staying away, fuck 'em i'm not going to pander to them.

regards:JBD

Edited by josesbluediamonds

i love frank lampard as a player. All i can say about this matter is if he wants to go please let him go. he has been one of Chelsea's best players in the past 5 years!

I dont think any player is worth 150k a week! one of the things that i hate about football is wage bills! its what the players love. they dont get out of bed on the champ league final thinking i cant be arsed with work today sod it i will phone in sick! they love to play for the clubs they are at!

i think frank is worth a lot of money but not 150k a week! they should cap all wage bills to 100k a week and thats what frank should get.

if frank goes then fine by me. i will miss him and his 20 goals a season but if he wants to go dont stop and get 10m or 15m for him now while inter want to pay it!

The Problem with Frank is, He knows that with his stamina levels he can play at the highest level till hes 35-36. He doesnt want to face a situation where Chelsea offload him at age of 34. At that age the only clubs you get are the mid table or the bottam clubs. And Frank wants to end his career at Chelsea IF NOT take an opportunity now itself of joining a big club. Hence the entire issue. Id say Offload him ( WHICH I THINK HE WIL BE BY AUGUST) And save your 16 million on someone who is willing to play for the Club.

The Problem with Frank is, He knows that with his stamina levels he can play at the highest level till hes 35-36. He doesnt want to face a situation where Chelsea offload him at age of 34. At that age the only clubs you get are the mid table or the bottam clubs.

He'd earn more than the £140 000 a week at LA Wankers, New York Twats or Dubai Dubstars when hes 34, ala Beckham.

The reality is, I feel, hes been tapped up/fallen in love with Jose. If a player says they want a transfer they forfeit a large slice of their contract money, which is why hes saying (or rather his agent is), that he wants to stay.

To me it's just a case of people getting over influenced by the media..

he'll sign, and then suddenly he'll be a legend again, if not by signing then after he scores a couple of important goals..

Like a knife through butter Aroop -you're more than likely spot on. Again.