Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Dries Mertens


Atholy

Recommended Posts

Started his topic in October 2011 but it is locked now :)

Back then he was a steal... now you will pay a good amount of cash for him. Just scored 4 goals in his today game against Torino. That makes 7 goals in 2 games & back to back hattricks in the Serie A.

He's a perfect false 9 and has a very good link up with Eden! Am I the only one that would still go for him?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Atholy said:

Oh yeah he also humiliated Hart with that last goal!! World Class.

 

 

 

I'm not sure if it was intentional :)
 
Great player though, but I wouldn't go for him, there are better options. He's been playing well since Milik injured but generally I don't think that he is much better than Senor Rodrigez.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

 

I'm not sure if it was intentional :)
 
Great player though, but I wouldn't go for him, there are better options. He's been playing well since Milik injured but generally I don't think that he is much better than Senor Rodrigez.

Check this out: one month ago in the WC qualifier against Estonia. I can tell you that it was intentional :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Atholy said:

Check this out: one month ago in the WC qualifier against Estonia. I can tell you that it was intentional :)

 

This one was intentional for sure, but I'm still not sure about the one against Torino.

But whatever, it doesn't make any difference. It was a goal, it counted, no need to explain it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

Rumours going Conte wants him, but probably a lot of players will be linked to us coming months..

I seen a few reports linked him to us he's hada fantastic season with Napoli he could make a good back up 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've seen him play many times. Nothing special, I'll rather have Mahrez. Way too inconsistent and has too many brainfarts/poor decision making moments. Actually, he's not better than Pedro or Willian, I don't care what his stats say (besides playing as a false 9 or whatever). 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 13.5.2017 at 9:43 PM, MrExcalibur100 said:

I've seen him play many times. Nothing special, I'll rather have Mahrez. Way too inconsistent and has too many brainfarts/poor decision making moments. Actually, he's not better than Pedro or Willian, I don't care what his stats say (besides playing as a false 9 or whatever). 

You hear this a lot from him but actually I can't imagine. He has scored 34 goals this season. 34 goals coming from some kind of left wing/hybrid striker position those are CR7 kind of numbers. how can you be inconsistent when you produce this kind of ouptut statistically? The few times I saw him he was immense, I mean balon d'or candidate amazing, scoring out of nowhere and dribbling around like hazard. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Each time I've seen him it's been painful, because it's obvious 80% of his career has been wasted by him not being deployed as much of a goal orientated player.

He's learned all the movement and trickery you can learn being a wing player - and taking that up front, and by chance being a very fine finisher, is exciting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

If true regarding his release clause, that would be a phenomenal signing for the money and give us two genuinely good strikers to share the burden. If he's available for £25m though I would imagine quite a few teams in for him.

But this is part of the reason why I'd rather us not think short term in this window and buy stop gaps. Barkley is a very good piece of business in my opinion and anyone else who could be purchased at knock down fees (Sanchez?) or represent great value despite in January, but beyond this I'd rather us 'make do' and do our main business in the summer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

If true regarding his release clause, that would be a phenomenal signing for the money and give us two genuinely good strikers to share the burden. If he's available for £25m though I would imagine quite a few teams in for him.

But this is part of the reason why I'd rather us not think short term in this window and buy stop gaps. Barkley is a very good piece of business in my opinion and anyone else who could be purchased at knock down fees (Sanchez?) or represent great value despite in January, but beyond this I'd rather us 'make do' and do our main business in the summer.

Problem is tho I dont like them neither but we need stop gaps right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

I thought we should give this thread an upgrade as it SEEMs Sarri likes the idea of him joining us

Maurizio Sarri wants Dries Mertens at Chelsea but Antonio Conte failed twice to convince club to sign him

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/06/19/maurizio-sarri-hoping-first-succeed-chelsea-manager-antonio/

5b29b0ef2197e_Screenshot-2018-6-20DriesMertensFootballStatisticsWhoScoredcom.thumb.png.671d331626e45dcf85683f7fb588e3fe.png

 

The six stages of Dries Mertens’ evolution from winger to world beater

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/the-six-stages-of-dries-mertens-transformation-from-winger-to-world-beater/

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...