• Chalobah (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

46 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

He said that they had the chance to make it 2-1, but we scored the third on a counterattack and then they had the chance to make it 3-1, but again we scored on a counterattack. Afterwards, he even went to say that "probably, if there were 10 more minutes, we would've had the chance to make it 4-1, but they would've scored the fifth on a counterattack". 

I watched his statement, so yeah, he did say that.

I thought he made a genuine mistake in the post match interview when he said that, but he repeated that in the presser. Either he thinks people can't see the difference between counter-attack and normal positional plays, or he believes those were genuine countar-attacks and is delusional. There is also the slim chance that he was mistaken on both occasions, but I don't think that's the most plausible explanation given how well renowned he is for his eye for detail. What I felt was that he was trying to devalue our goals and performance by writing them off as something that can happen when you are attacking ambitiously and taking risks... They weren't, not once. Damage control, he knew the game was lost and didn't want to concede more. He continued damage control right after the final whistle with Conte and the interviews.

28 minutes ago, manpe said:

I thought he made a genuine mistake in the post match interview when he said that, but he repeated that in the presser. Either he thinks people can't see the difference between counter-attack and normal positional plays, or he believes those were genuine countar-attacks and is delusional. There is also the slim chance that he was mistaken on both occasions, but I don't think that's the most plausible explanation given how well renowned he is for his eye for detail. What I felt was that he was trying to devalue our goals and performance by writing them off as something that can happen when you are attacking ambitiously and taking risks... They weren't, not once. Damage control, he knew the game was lost and didn't want to concede more. He continued damage control right after the final whistle with Conte and the interviews.

Devalue the performance is exactly what he tried to do. What's funny is that this is the same guy who used to get angry and call other people stupid when they said his teams only played on the counter.

How are the 3rd and 4th counter-attacking goals? LMAO. They had several players behind the ball for both goals.

3 minutes ago, Styles said:

Devalue the performance is exactly what he tried to do. What's funny is that this is the same guy who used to get angry and call other people stupid when they said his teams only played on the counter.

How are the 3rd and 4th counter-attacking goals? LMAO. They had several players behind the ball for both goals.

Imagine if Wenger were to say what he said yesterday, after that 6-0. He would've probably destroyed Arsene and labeled him as senile or idiotic. And he wouldn't have been wrong :) 

2 hours ago, Cosmin said:

He said that they had the chance to make it 2-1, but we scored the third on a counterattack and then they had the chance to make it 3-1, but again we scored on a counterattack. Afterwards, he even went to say that "probably, if there were 10 more minutes, we would've had the chance to make it 4-1, but they would've scored the fifth on a counterattack". 

I watched his statement, so yeah, he did say that.

Ah well, fair enough then. I didn't hear the interview you must be referencing. In the one I heard he only talked about the Impact of the early goal on the way we were able to play.

16 hours ago, Fernando said:

Last time a change of formation was so revolutionary in the PL was Mourinho MarkI with the 4-3-3. 

As you noticed we are now witnessing the revolution of another formation in the PL. 

I even remember Raniere trying it the second half in the last game against them. 

its been around for years in various forms.

Even England national team played a form of it under Terry Venables all those years ago.

16 hours ago, cosmicway said:

I put 250 euros on Zlatan for top scorer of the season.
With Pogba and Rooney to assist I thought it was a steal.
Also tall players always do well in the premier since the time of Joe Jordan and before that, so I thought it was a steal.
They offer me to cashout 112 euros now.
With those 112 euros I will be in a position to contribute a little to the family's Christmas dinner this year.
What is the forum's opinion ?

I would hang on if it were me. But for Courtois he almost got a couple yesterday. He'll still be one of the top scorers near the end of the season, and  you'll probably get a better cash out price later in the season

All the team played well I would say Moses was MOTM, but Hazard, Pedro, Kante, Costa, Courtois, Cahill, etc played like magic. 4-0 against our fantastic ex manager (still love Jose), pogba who was mean in Juve's defence and Ibrahimovic who thrashed us at PSG not once but twice. 

17 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Also tall players always do well in the premier since the time of Joe Jordan and before that, so I thought it was a steal.
With those 112 euros I will be in a position to contribute a little to the family's Christmas dinner this year.

keep-calm-and-believe-in-diego-costa-3.p

5 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I love listening to Gary Neville rinsing Man United.

Agreed, the man is a football pundit par excellence.

It's a shame he's lost a bit of his confidence following the Valencia experience but hopefully it will come back slowly. 

17 hours ago, cosmicway said:

Turkey is a must I suppose but I always feel you can't beat a whole poached salmon on Christmas Day. Be sure to descale it thoroughly though before you poach it.😊