Unionjack

On 23/11/2016 at 8:14 PM, akgw13 said:

Azpi     Luiz      Cahill

Moses Kante Verratti Matic Alonso

Costa       Hazard

Azpi     Luiz     Upgrade

Moses Kante Verratti Matic Upgrade

Costa       Hazard

I'm not hatung on neither lad and they do a OK job BUT IF we are serious about wanting to be the best we can be and make a name for ourselves fighting the real big boys in Europe then we have to keep upgrading,

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mediaset Premium claim Chelsea are preparing a big money off in an attempt to convince PSG into selling Marco Verratti. They report that the London based club is prepared to offer £43m and Cesc Fabregas as they look to secure the services of the Italian.

On 11/26/2016 at 9:48 PM, Unionjack said:

Azpi     Luiz     Upgrade

Moses Kante Verratti Matic Upgrade

Costa       Hazard

I'm not hatung on neither lad and they do a OK job BUT IF we are serious about wanting to be the best we can be and make a name for ourselves fighting the real big boys in Europe then we have to keep upgrading,

agreed, I have my heart set on Romagnoli in that LCB upgrade role, i just put cahill and alonso in as its easier to imagine with players names. I think we are over looking the contributions alonso has made but competition is certainly necessary for him to keep him motivated.

Actually that's old news, I just saw it in the Metro....

Chelsea want Marco Verratti transfer with Cesc Fabregas offered to Paris Saint-Germain

12 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

agreed, I have my heart set on Romagnoli in that LCB upgrade role, i just put cahill and alonso in as its easier to imagine with players names. I think we are over looking the contributions alonso has made but competition is certainly necessary for him to keep him motivated.

I'm not hating on Alonso. I think hes doing a fine job. But fine isn't great. And we need great players to rule Europe.

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

I'm not hating on Alonso. I think hes doing a fine job. But fine isn't great. And we need great players to rule Europe.

agreed, but we need him to be fine/good to get us into Europe. I 100% agree competition is necessary for that position. Watching the game it was clear spurs wanted him to beat them not moses in the first half. Alonso + cahill is clearly the weakest part of our team. However at the moment he is the best we've got and I know we share the same feelings on him. He is serviceable, hardworking, and doing the job at the moment but going forward we might need someone a little more dynamic.

26 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Mediaset Premium claim Chelsea are preparing a big money off in an attempt to convince PSG into selling Marco Verratti. They report that the London based club is prepared to offer £43m and Cesc Fabregas as they look to secure the services of the Italian.

sorry to get off topic on alonso, In regards to verratti my feelings on him are known. I think that is a strong offer that PSG will seriously consider. they get star power in cesc moving back who will be perfect for them, get value for a seemingly disgruntled player, and we get a major contributor that conte wants. Win for all involved

1 hour ago, akgw13 said:

agreed, but we need him to be fine/good to get us into Europe. I 100% agree competition is necessary for that position. Watching the game it was clear spurs wanted him to beat them not moses in the first half. Alonso + cahill is clearly the weakest part of our team. However at the moment he is the best we've got and I know we share the same feelings on him. He is serviceable, hardworking, and doing the job at the moment but going forward we might need someone a little more dynamic.

Totally agree. I just hope he doesn't get injured because I cant think of anyone to replace him. Ive said it before tho that MAYBE Oscar MIGHT make a WB. Lets hope we find cover/upgrade/whatever before that happens.

1 hour ago, akgw13 said:

sorry to get off topic on alonso, In regards to verratti my feelings on him are known. I think that is a strong offer that PSG will seriously consider. they get star power in cesc moving back who will be perfect for them, get value for a seemingly disgruntled player, and we get a major contributor that conte wants. Win for all involved

Yep!! WouldI be good for everyone. 'm still wondering just WTF we would do if we got him. Would we go a 3 midfield? A 3-5-2? Replace Matic? Big decisions. But lets take it to Verratti thread. ;)

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Yep!! WouldI be good for everyone. 'm still wondering just WTF we would do if we got him. Would we go a 3 midfield? A 3-5-2? Replace Matic? Big decisions. But lets take it to Verratti thread. ;)

Against bigger opponents a 352 with Verrati, Kante, Matic is rock solid and will still have the width with the WB's. He would have the most freedom of the 3 and could jump into the attack or play a deep anchor role like we envisioned for Cesc. Would strengthen our attack through the middle and give a different look going forward. Against lesser opponents who just want to park the bus I really think he could play next to kante/Matic in one of the 2 midfield roles in a 343. With our high press we recycle the ball quickly and with 3 cb's and 2 WB's im not concerned with him having to be in too many aerial battles. and offensively as a partner to Kante in a 343, it would just be ridiculous. Look how many assists Matic has already...now imagine verratti picking the passes instead. 

4 hours ago, Fernando said:

So thats around 75m€ deal, 50 for Verratti and 25 for Cesc. Good deal for both sides IMO. I don't think PSG are asking for much more, considering that they are getting a top player in return.

20 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Against bigger opponents a 352 with Verrati, Kante, Matic is rock solid and will still have the width with the WB's. He would have the most freedom of the 3 and could jump into the attack or play a deep anchor role like we envisioned for Cesc. Would strengthen our attack through the middle and give a different look going forward. Against lesser opponents who just want to park the bus I really think he could play next to kante/Matic in one of the 2 midfield roles in a 343. With our high press we recycle the ball quickly and with 3 cb's and 2 WB's im not concerned with him having to be in too many aerial battles. and offensively as a partner to Kante in a 343, it would just be ridiculous. Look how many assists Matic has already...now imagine verratti picking the passes instead. 

Im with you. But I cant see Matic hanging around long IF we were to get him.

But I like Chalobah and I think he could do good for us.

19 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Im with you. But I cant see Matic hanging around long IF we were to get him.

But I like Chalobah and I think he could do good for us.

Ya maybe not, but at least conte has inflated the worth of Matic in the market now. I do not want him to leave but if the right offer comes along I will help him pack. Conte is hot for Radja and besides the drama surrounding him in regards to signing him I would absolutely LOVE to have him playing in the matic spot. Chalobah certainly has contes trust and looks comfortable so i think he could do well. The fiorentina croatia guy Badelj is on the radar. lots of options. But IF Verratti wants to come, IF we can agree to a fee with PSG it would be an absolutely spectacular signing for us. 

Watching the game on saturday i couldnt help but think that if Cesc Fabregas can pull off the two man midfield with kante against city than clearly Verratti can excel in the position! Any minor concern I had with Verratti positioning went out the window with that Fabregas performance. He is top of the buy list for me at the moment. 

4 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

If Pogba is worth 100m then Verratti sure is worth 100m!

Not necessarily. If we're just judging on the pitch, yes. But aligns brings more in marketing and merchandise. 

14 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

Not necessarily. If we're just judging on the pitch, yes. But aligns brings more in marketing and merchandise. 

Being a top team with great players and having success brings more marketing and merchandise sales.
And I would rather have a player who improves our team immensely, like N'golo Kante, than players whose name sells more kits like Paul Pogba is (right now atm since he is not improving Utd that much).

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You