Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, ILoveLamp said:

Shit, missed a player!

How about:

Courtois

Luiz     Cahill     Zouma

Azpi          Kante Oscar           Alonso

Willian Costa Hazard

I have hoped this is our long term formation. That is my lineup as well. 

2017-18: Christensen in for Cahill. Kenedy challenging Alonso. I am a big big fan of Kenedy and hopefully he adopts the wing back role at watford. Could be a great conte player, direct + physical + skill.

lots of youth attackers between solanke, boga, musonda, abraham, palmer coming through that can play in the front 3.  

Big question: Where does RLC play? ive always dreamed of him fitting next to Kante but it seems that ship has sailed.

1 hour ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Didnt realize we had such a hell run after this match.

Definite must-win.

Yeah, it's not inconceivable at all that we could lose or drop points in all 3 of Liverpool, Leicester, and Arsenal. For that reason, losing or dropping points to Swansea is not an option. 

Must win for me.

1 hour ago, ILoveLamp said:

Shit, missed a player!

How about:

Courtois

Luiz     Cahill     Zouma

Azpi          Kante Oscar           Alonso

Willian Costa Hazard

I would be more adventurous and go (when we have Christensen back next year):

Courtois 

Christensen Luiz Zouma

Willian Kante Fabregas Azpi

x Costa Hazard

With 'x' being a superstar signing like Griezmann or James. Now that would be an impressive XI that can easily metamorph into a back four as well:

Christensen Luiz Zouma Azpi

Willian Kante Fabregas Hazard

x Costa

or

Willian Kante Fabregas

x Costa Hazard

I would be more adventurous and go (when we have Christensen back next year):

Courtois 

Christensen Luiz Zouma

Willian Kante Fabregas Azpi

x Costa Hazard

With 'x' being a superstar signing like Griezmann or James. Now that would be an impressive XI that can easily metamorph into a back four as well:

Christensen Luiz Zouma Azpi

Willian Kante Fabregas Hazard

x Costa

or

Willian Kante Fabregas

x Costa Hazard

If you're going to play Willian as a wing back, why not switch with Azpi?

I like the 3-4-3 also.

Courtois

Zouma - Christensen - Luiz

Azpi - Kante - Fabregas - Willian

Traore - Costa - Hazard

What is it with people and 3 CBs? Because of Conte? The three CB system is a big part of Italian culture. The land of cautiousness and defensive security. A lot of teams playing with two strikers being a big reason for that. I know Italy looked good at Euros but that's a handful of games. How would they have coped playing 40-60 games?

No need for 5 defenders in England or European football (even Juve reached the final of the CL using a back four). You mostly face a lone striker and actually deal with wing play.

Look at the most succesful and dominant teams of the past five to ten years. All using a back four. Not a coincidence.

3-4-3 looks nice on paper with the right players but there must be a reason it's barely used. I remember Guardiola trying to implement the system after the CL win of 2011. Didn't really work. And that's with Messi, Villa, Sanchez, Iniesta, Xavi, Thiago, Busquets, Dani Alves, Puyol, Mascherano, Pique, Abidal.

1 hour ago, Bir_CFC said:

If you're going to play Willian as a wing back, why not switch with Azpi?

I like the 3-4-3 also.

Courtois

Zouma - Christensen - Luiz

Azpi - Kante - Fabregas - Willian

Traore - Costa - Hazard

Because we can easily morph into a back 4. Azpi is competent at LB, and it pushes Christensen to become a RB. Azpi also helps cover Fabregas' weaker defensive abilities. 

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Yeah, it's not inconceivable at all that we could lose or drop points in all 3 of Liverpool, Leicester, and Arsenal. For that reason, losing or dropping points to Swansea is not an option. 

Must win for me.

That Leicester game is a cup game.

I find it curious when people put Christensen in all lineups when he didnt play a single game for us yet after he left for BM.

And the three CBs...IMO we wont see that as regular tactic, unless there will be specific need for that regarding the result or opponent. And thats good. First of all, we dont have Chielini, Bonucci and Barzagli as 3CBs and secondly, because 3:5:2 is overrated.

As for the game, I look forward to see Alonso and Luiz. Costa and Bats wont start both, althrough it would be interesting to see that. 

Hopefully we win. Next few weeks will show how good we really are.