Marcelo Brozovic

Unionjack

Never heard of him before we was linked, never seen him play but midfield we seem quite stacked. Would rather stick with what we have and push RLC and Chalobah.

Saying that, happy to be proved wrong IF he comes in and proves if worth but id rather swerve this one

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

I'm sorry, "world class"?

What we are debating is whether or not he is a decent enough player to add anything to the team, even as a squad player. I don't think he is.

If Conte needed an average central midfielder in the squad he could have given a chance to Pasalic who showed some glimpses at Monaco or even given another chance for MVG instead of paying 25m for someone who is not far ahead of either. I even thought that the plan was to give a chance to one of our own in Chalobah.

'Conte knows best' is not really an argument. Great that you trust him, but I'm here debate my and other members opinions and that's not an argument that's just a deflection tactic. 

How much have you seen him play? 

Granted I haven't seen a lot, only got to know about him before the Euros started and then saw him a bit in the Euros. 

As for the Inter fans, they really like him. I am interested in knowing what's your assessment for the player since you think he wouldn't add anything to the team

6 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

I'm sorry, "world class"?

What we are debating is whether or not he is a decent enough player to add anything to the team, even as a squad player. I don't think he is.

If Conte needed an average central midfielder in the squad he could have given a chance to Pasalic who showed some glimpses at Monaco or even given another chance for MVG instead of paying 25m for someone who is not far ahead of either. I even thought that the plan was to give a chance to one of our own in Chalobah.

'Conte knows best' is not really an argument. Great that you trust him, but I'm here debate my and other members opinions and that's not an argument that's just a deflection tactic. 

Debate what though? You are calling him a useless footballer based on the fact that he can't play or better yet because Milan don't have a use for him... Lol. Remember the other Milan that had no use for Pirlo?

And what sort of debate do you expect to have when your only contribution is,

Brozovic can't get into the XI of a mid-table team in the fucking Serie A. This is the kind of signing teams like Sunderland make, not a team aiming for a top four finish! 

What sort of debate entry is that? You ever heard of the saying one mans junk is another mans treasure? Conte clearly knows the player and if we're in for him it has more to do with his input than anything else.

And of course he has value! He was an integral player for a Croatian team that were playing some of the best football at the Euros. He was a mainstay in that side... 

As for Brozovic not being good enough for Milan, what makes you think its Milan that doesn't want him? It could very well be he is tired of playing for a squad that aren't progressing and aren't meeting his wage demands.

8 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

How much have you seen him play? 

Granted I haven't seen a lot, only got to know about him before the Euros started and then saw him a bit in the Euros. 

As for the Inter fans, they really like him. I am interested in knowing what's your assessment for the player since you think he wouldn't add anything to the team

I watch the Serie A weekly being a Juve supporter. Obviously I don't watch all Inter matches but I've probably seen him more than most on here. 

To me this is like us being linked with say Claudio Yacob. Sure, he can be a decent player and has even played for Argentina, but it makes less than zero sense for him to be linked with us. He's just not at the level required to make a move to Chelsea.

9 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

The same Milan that had no use for Pirlo...

No, that's literally a different Milan! 

You do know he plays for Inter not AC, right? Please tell me you're not making all this fuss and you don't even know what club he plays for?

Listen mate, it's really a simple argument that stands true 99.99999999999% of the time: It is incredibly unlikely that bench-warmers from mid-table teams can improve our squad. I can't think of a single bench player from any mid-table EPL team that I'd like to see us sign, certainly not for 25m. Can you? And that is certainly true for Serie A teams as well.

FFS the guy is playing second-fiddle to Gary Medel and we are bidding 25 million for him! 

4 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Enjoying reading your posts on this one @Chelsea Legend 11 I haven't watched anywhere near enough of him to comment so I am very blank on this player.

My reason for defending him is I like squads. I'm not a fan of teams that hoard all the world talent to sell shirts. I like squads that work hard and understand their role in the team. To me, Brozovic suits the style we're trying to incorporate here. More than Cuadrado and possibly even Pedro. He's a wide midfielder who can be deployed in multiple roles on ride side of the pitch. 

3 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

No, that's literally a different Milan! 

You do know he plays for Inter not AC, right? Please tell me you're not making all this fuss and you don't even know what club he plays for?

Listen mate, it's really a simple argument that stands true 99.99999999999% of the time: It is incredibly unlikely that bench-warmers from mid-table teams can improve our squad. I can't think of a single bench player from any mid-table EPL team that I'd like to see us sign, certainly not for 25m. Can you? And that is certainly true for Serie A teams as well.

FFS the guy is playing second-fiddle to Gary Medel and we are bidding 25 million for him! 

lol... Ya I realized I said that and changed its early over here. Still Milan nonetheless.

There is no rule of thumb when it come to football and even less when you're talking about a squad that just finished 10th domestically. And while I get your sentiment about not wanting to pay 25m for a bench player of a midtable team, didn't Brozovic make 35 appearances for Inter last year as a 22yr old on a loan deal with the option to buy? Wasn't 85% of those appearances starts? I don't think the argument is that simple as I don't paint by numbers. There are hundreds of examples where a player doesn't work out for one team(and that's not what I'm saying in his case since from what I've read so far has more to do with contract stalls and FFP than it does his footballing suitability) and ends up being gold of another. 

And aren't you now exposing yourself a bit now? Medel? He's a defensive mid, Brozovic is more box to box

I have been reading what Inter fans/ Seire A experts think of him, the general consensus is that he's an incredible player on his day, just that he's also incredibly inconsistent. it kind of reminds me when Inter sold Countinho to Liverpool, majority of Seire A fans were laughing that L'pool spent £8.5 million on him.. look at how that turned out. Inter fans talk about his 'mentality', not about his technique or workrate, if Conte believes he can get the best out of him then i'm all for it.

Also lets not forget Juventus wanted him this summer, the only reason he's not playing in the black and white strip is because Inter didn't want to sell to another Italian club, he must not be that bad afterall if Juve were after him...

1 hour ago, nadavTKL said:

Shit, so there is a possibility that we stay with only 1 signing in midfield and are yet to get at least one signing in defence. Both lines need at least two signings imo, pretty clear we don't have time to improve substantially in terms of individual quality, so all bets have been placed on Conte's ability to make a great omelette out of bad eggs. Hopefully we can still pull this one off, we need depth badly.

I don't mind us not getting this guy Brozovic at all. On the other hand, if we cannot get an average player from Inter :D This says a lot about our board, sadly. We cannot get our 1st targets, we cannot even get 2nd ones...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You