Marcelo Brozovic

Unionjack

27 minutes ago, scargo said:

Even Inter fans don't like Brozovic hahaha

Alonso, Brozovic .... will be terrible signing

There's a reason Brozovic is a mainstay in the highly technical midfield that is the Croatian National team. What he brings is an adaptability and fluidity to the team which is natural, intuitive and of a relatively high quality. When the team is defending, he knows which spaces he should be occupying and which opponents he needs to hassle. When playing keep-ball, he can be relied on to keep and spread possession in a calm and completely non-Medel manner. When the team is attacking, he can be relied on to pick out the right passes, linkup with a fullback, shoot if it is the best option or find a better placed teammate, get forward and present an aerial threat etc. This is Brozovic's quality. He knows what to do, and when to do it.

Run along now troll.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been overly critical of our transfers, but these latest players are some I have seen play. Alonso in particular is one I do not want, but Brozovic is not a bad option for squad depth. I just don't like the figure... Boufal just want for 16 mil... They are talking 25 mil for Brozovic? I don't know... 

Alonso on the other hand is worth 10 mil at best. 

He's being brought in to compete with the likes of Oscar/Matic, and offer Conte something different in midfield. He won't cost the club much, and has good technique on the ball. It's not the "worst" thing that could happen. 

One thing I like about Brozovic having seen a bit of him at Inter, is he's got a rocket of a right foot. We deserpately need accurate long shot takers in the squad. 

But next summer, the club simply have to bring in 2 CMs that are bonafide world class talents, that will immediately slot into the starting XI. 

Brozovic isn't crap, but he's no world beater either. 

And if Italian reports are to be believed, Brozovic most likely will need a couple weeks before he's fit because he's gained some weight over the summer. And he's also demanding a pay rise from chelsea because he's picked up some gambling debts over the summer break aswell  :lol::lol:

5 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

Just remembered why I never click on transfer threads. Most things I read on the past couple of pages are so detached from our reality it feels like I've gone into some parallel universe! :lol:

FFS, Brozovic can't get into the XI of a mid-table team in the fucking Serie A. This is the kind of signing teams like Sunderland make, not a team aiming for a top four finish! 

Its this logic that infuriates me, this idea that Chelsea should only sign world class players even if the role is for the bench... What the hell are you talking about? So because Milan, who play a completely different style to the one we employ here, doesn't have a need for Brozovic now all of a sudden that means we shouldn't have any use for him as a squad player? Lol.

Conte is about building squads under a philosophy, not trying to assemble an allstar team full of prima donnas. You assemble a squad by getting players who you envision doing a job for you in certain conditions. I have no doubt Conte knows what Brozovic's strengths and weaknesses are and how he can help us this season. I think what's happened to most of you here is you've fallen in love with FM and FIFA and also the idea of buying every world star regardless of whether or not we have a need for them.

Take a look back to just this past summer when Conte went against everyone's "better judgment" and took 31 yr old Giaccherini with him to the Euros and inserted him into the starting XI. The point I'm making is Conte has a better understanding of how he wants to play football than you do or anyone else. What I would advise you and the rest who seem so hell bent on criticizing his choices to do is wait till the process plays out first before you say something silly and end up with egg on your face.

Conte knows football and has a philosophy that he is confident in employing here. Let the manager manage and save the ridicule till its been implemented and failed.

28 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Still remember when everyone hated the Miereles signing after we were in for Modric and failed. Miereles became a lynchpin player for us and we won the champions league with his help... He's still beloved by fans even today.

After Madrid signed Modric they got two CLs with Luka playing big part in both runs. He is one of best midfielders, consistent and reliable. 

While Modric is pulling strings for Madrid today, we have bought about 10 CMs since hoping to fill void of Meireles who didnt reach expectations.

Meanwhile Meireles left us few years ago and we finished 6th that season, we dont have Modric type midfielder for ages, despite we need one desperately. 

What Im saying is we should have gone for Modric whatever the money they wanted and we would have world class CM for several years instead of stop gap.

What initialy was bad idea, Meireles turned up decent, no bad feelings but come on. Just because Eder helped Portugal win euros, doesnt mean he is top striker.

Honestly, Im done with club buying cheap players who are actualy expensive and offer nothing, but wasting money and whats more important time. If we get good CM this summer, we wont need to get one next summer. If we get average one, we lose time, money and next summer, we have to deal with loaning the CM out and buying a good one instead. New year, same shit.

Few years ago I wouldnt mind experimenting with someone like Brozovic, but now not anymore. Pay the damn money for top CM because we need one top CM. First fix the starting 11 and then worry about bench.

Besides if you look on bench. Almost all of those players were thought good enough for bench or even first team when bought (including our loanees), but few deliver anything useful to the squad.

If Brozovic is what we are after, I seriously rather give chance to RLC and Chalobah for rotation, while add those 25m to the money for CB and actualy get a good one. 

Conte wants Brozovic? No he wanted Nainggolan but board is too cheap to throw that money out. And for Koulibaly too. Instead we will pay 25 for Brozovic and 25 for Alonso. 50 fucking millions for two bang average players from serie a. Darmian looked ok there. Yeah he is doing fine work at united i guess.

I dont mind manchesters spending, it doesnt mean we need too, but at least the players signed will improve the team. 

Thats why I hope the rumours are false. We already have Oscar, Iva...we dont need to buy their doubles. I dont mind if player is less known and from smaller club. But Brozovic and Alonso? No fucking way. 

There was particular player named Guerreiro who had two good seasons in ligue 1. Where was our board when he moved to Borussia. And bunch of other examples...

24 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

After Madrid signed Modric they got two CLs with Luka playing big part in both runs. He is one of best midfielders, consistent and reliable. 

While Modric is pulling strings for Madrid today, we have bought about 10 CMs since hoping to fill void of Meireles who didnt reach expectations.

Meanwhile Meireles left us few years ago and we finished 6th that season, we dont have Modric type midfielder for ages, despite we need one desperately. 

What Im saying is we should have gone for Modric whatever the money they wanted and we would have world class CM for several years instead of stop gap.

What initialy was bad idea, Meireles turned up decent, no bad feelings but come on. Just because Eder helped Portugal win euros, doesnt mean he is top striker.

Honestly, Im done with club buying cheap players who are actualy expensive and offer nothing, but wasting money and whats more important time. If we get good CM this summer, we wont need to get one next summer. If we get average one, we lose time, money and next summer, we have to deal with loaning the CM out and buying a good one instead. New year, same shit.

Few years ago I wouldnt mind experimenting with someone like Brozovic, but now not anymore. Pay the damn money for top CM because we need one top CM. First fix the starting 11 and then worry about bench.

Besides if you look on bench. Almost all of those players were thought good enough for bench or even first team when bought (including our loanees), but few deliver anything useful to the squad.

If Brozovic is what we are after, I seriously rather give chance to RLC and Chalobah for rotation, while add those 25m to the money for CB and actualy get a good one. 

I dont give a shit if United bought Pogba or Ibra, if city got Gundogan and Stones etc. I want our club to get some good useful players. 

Conte wants Brozovic? No he wanted Nainggolan but board is too cheap to throw that money out. And for Koulibaly too. Instead we will pay 25 for Brozovic and 25 for Alonso. 50 fucking millions for two bang average players from serie a. Darmian looked ok there. Yeah he is doing fine work at united i guess.

Thats why I hope the rumours are false. We already have Oscar, Iva...we dont need to buy their doubles. I dont mind if player is less known and from smaller club. But Brozovic and Alonso? No fucking way. 

There was particular player named Guerreiro who had two good seasons in ligue 1. Where was our board when he moved to Borussia. And bunch of other examples...

Yes, we wanted Modric and failed to sign him, we knew he was fantastic.... I don't see the point in mentioning Modric's tenure at Madrid since we clearly wanted him desperately.

And while you say we should've gone for Modric no matter what the price, what you fail to understand is WE DID. Modric even submitted a transfer request, you know why we didn't get him? Because Levy did not want to sell such an impactful player to a direct rival and who could blame him?

You still are missing the point. Paying the damn money for a top CM doesn't guarantee anything. Paying the money for someone who fits into our idea of football is what we need to be doing and by all accounts that's what Conte is after.

Let the manager work with who he wants to work with and stop crying for "world class" footballers. Many deemed world class have failed when they go into a team that plays a style that they can't adjust to.

You don't need world class players to win, all you need are players willing to go to war and who are willing fighters for the badge!

12 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Yes, we wanted Modric and failed to sign him, we knew he was fantastic.... I don't see the point in mentioning Modric's tenure at Madrid since we clearly wanted him desperately.

And while you say we should've gone for Modric no matter what the price, what you fail to understand is WE DID. Modric even submitted a transfer request, you know why we didn't get him? Because Levy did not want to sell such an impactful player to a direct rival and who could blame him?

You still are missing the point. Paying the damn money for a top CM doesn't guarantee anything. Paying the money for someone who fits into our idea of football is what we need to be doing and by all accounts that's what Conte is after.

Let the manager work with who he wants to work with and stop crying for "world class" footballers. Many deemed world class have failed when they go into a team that plays a style that they can't adjust to.

Well Im all for what you said. Im even in doubt to sign someone like James because he doesnt fit the system. I dont want to just throw cash out at world class players just to have them. But dont you see the point? Alonso for 25m? That is throwing cash out. Rather throw 50m for Koulibaly and be done with than brozovic and Alonso etc who will in the end cost 50m. They might even perform well, but they wont make a difference. We need quality players now, not quantity.

I know we were in for Modric and that was whole different situation than this, but my point was to spend bit more to get player of that quality instead of geting b blan Meireles or in this case Brozovic.

Besides how do you know Conte wants Brozovic or Alonso? He wants mid and defender. Maybe we will get Brozovic simply because we failed with main Conte target, but he still needs numbers. 

IMO the board was poor once again, failing to get players on time. If we pull it off in last two days, all hail, but if not, my point stands. Brozovic and Alonso will make plan B signings if everything else fails.

As for Brozovic, Inter bought Joao Mario, reports that they have accepted the bid for Marcelo. Him joining us seems quite likely.

31 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Well Im all for what you said. Im even in doubt to sign someone like James because he doesnt fit the system. I dont want to just throw cash out at world class players just to have them. But dont you see the point? Alonso for 25m? That is throwing cash out. Rather throw 50m for Koulibaly and be done with than brozovic and Alonso etc who will in the end cost 50m. They might even perform well, but they wont make a difference. We need quality players now, not quantity.

I know we were in for Modric and that was whole different situation than this, but my point was to spend bit more to get player of that quality instead of geting b blan Meireles or in this case Brozovic.

Besides how do you know Conte wants Brozovic or Alonso? He wants mid and defender. Maybe we will get Brozovic simply because we failed with main Conte target, but he still needs numbers. 

IMO the board was poor once again, failing to get players on time. If we pull it off in last two days, all hail, but if not, my point stands. Brozovic and Alonso will make plan B signings if everything else fails.

As for Brozovic, Inter bought Joao Mario, reports that they have accepted the bid for Marcelo. Him joining us seems quite likely.

Failing to get the players on time? Correct me if I'm wrong but the window is still open for a couple days, right? We have won 4 straight on the trot, right? Nothing to bicker and complain about until we see who comes in, for what price and what impact they have on the squad.

You have no idea what is stopping impending deals from happening. The very notion that throwing money at it will solve all our problems in the transfer market is not a tunnel I want to go down anyways. It seems to me, if the bids we've heard are true, the Board threw  PLENTY of money at players, clubs and agents and still couldn't reach a deal for Koulibaly or Nainggolan... Sometimes teams just don't want to sell and may have their own ambitions.

Are you saying Conte doesn't have a hand in the players we are targeting? Really? I have no way of proving it but a good indication that he is submitting these targets is the league we've been mostly linked to. 80-90% of the players we've been linked to heavily are from Serie A where Conte has spent the better part of half a decade(more even) scouring for players, and developing scouting dossiers. And whether or not Brozovic is our primary target is not so important to me. We may not have had the ability to sign who we originally had on the wishlist, still, that doesn't mean our secondary targets are useless. Conte has clearly stated that he doesn't want just any player, he wants the right one for now and the future.

I think some people are still suffering from the traumatic experiences from our last few signings under Mourinho so much that they disregard any player they have never heard of or watched before. Brozovic would easily start in our current midfield. Knowing Conte from his Juventus and Italy days, Antonio loves proper box to box mids, players who can hold their own when defending but also contribute a lot offensively. Brozovic is exactly that type of player and I can easily see why Conte thinks we need a player like him. 

We need a player like Brozovic. Matic is looking completely out of his depth playing the box to box role and it's down to him not being able to provide the attacking qualities that's needed from a player in this role. The role he should be playing in is occupied by a far superior player in Kante. 

It's pretty clear what Conte is trying to do with the midfield. A destroyer in Kante who is also very good at passing the ball will be the one sitting deep and two box to box mids (Oscar and Brozovic) with Brozovic being the more defensive of the two. I think Nainggolan would be his ideal choice but that ship has probably long sailed by now. 

This is a Conte signing. Let's trust our coach and his ideas. He has earned that through his work with Italy and Juventus and also the promise we've showed so far not in terms of results but most importantly the way we've played and improved in every aspect.

3 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

I think some people are still suffering from the traumatic experiences from our last few signings under Mourinho so much that they disregard any player they have never heard of or watched before. Brozovic would easily start in our current midfield. Knowing Conte from his Juventus and Italy days, Antonio loves proper box to box mids, players who can hold their own when defending but also contribute a lot offensively. Brozovic is exactly that type of player and I can easily see why Conte thinks we need a player like him. 

We need a player like Brozovic. Matic is looking completely out of his depth playing the box to box role and it's down to him not being able to provide the attacking qualities that's needed from a player in this role. The role he should be playing in is occupied by a far superior player in Kante. 

It's pretty clear what Conte is trying to do with the midfield. A destroyer in Kante who is also very good at passing the ball will be the one sitting deep and two box to box mids (Oscar and Brozovic) with Brozovic being the more defensive of the two. I think Nainggolan would be his ideal choice but that ship has probably long sailed by now. 

This is a Conte signing. Let's trust our coach and his ideas. He has earned that through his work with Italy and Juventus and also the promise we've showed so far not in terms of results but most importantly the way we've played and improved in every aspect.

I enjoy that wee read and i 100% agree wif everything u said mate 

If the ones saying he's not good enough watched him week in week out then fair enough. But those that are slagging this transfer, how many times have they seen him play? There are always some that seems to know about all players we're linked with, try hard to sound smart on the internet and misleading people.

I honestly have only seen him play for Croatia since I don't have time to watch non Chelsea matches, so I really don't know much about him. 

There's a reason why Paul Pogba is considered to one of the best midfielders in the world right now. The reason is Antonio Conte. 

He brought him to Juventus for absolutely nothing, when SAF found him surplus to requirements. It was Conte that gave Pogba the platform and developed him into the world class player that he is today. 

Also, why are people so quick to forget about Arturo Vidal? He is a workhorse and him and Pogba were the X factors for Conte!

People are too soon to criticise anyone that they don't know. They go to websites like Whoscored.com and see how many times he has played, how many times he has played for his country, how many goals that the player has scored etc and make firm judgements based on these numbers about the player.

Honestly, I would rather trust Conte here, than go on and make judgements based on numbers on websites. These only tell how the player has played in the past, with numbers to support them. 

If he wants Brozovic, back him up! 

4 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Its this logic that infuriates me, this idea that Chelsea should only sign world class players even if the role is for the bench... What the hell are you talking about? So because Milan, who play a completely different style to the one we employ here, doesn't have a need for Brozovic now all of a sudden that means we shouldn't have any use for him as a squad player? Lol.

Conte is about building squads under a philosophy, not trying to assemble an allstar team full of prima donnas. You assemble a squad by getting players who you envision doing a job for you in certain conditions. I have no doubt Conte knows what Brozovic's strengths and weaknesses are and how he can help us this season. I think what's happened to most of you here is you've fallen in love with FM and FIFA and also the idea of buying every world star regardless of whether or not we have a need for them.

Take a look back to just this past summer when Conte went against everyone's "better judgment" and took 31 yr old Giaccherini with him to the Euros and inserted him into the starting XI. The point I'm making is Conte has a better understanding of how he wants to play football than you do or anyone else. What I would advise you and the rest who seem so hell bent on criticizing his choices to do is wait till the process plays out first before you say something silly and end up with egg on your face.

Conte knows football and has a philosophy that he is confident in employing here. Let the manager manage and save the ridicule till its been implemented and failed.

I'm sorry, "world class"?

What we are debating is whether or not he is a decent enough player to add anything to the team, even as a squad player. I don't think he is.

If Conte needed an average central midfielder in the squad he could have given a chance to Pasalic who showed some glimpses at Monaco or even given another chance for MVG instead of paying 25m for someone who is not far ahead of either. I even thought that the plan was to give a chance to one of our own in Chalobah.

'Conte knows best' is not really an argument. Great that you trust him, but I'm here debate my and other members opinions and that's not an argument that's just a deflection tactic. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You