Thiago Maia

Unionjack

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Why do so many Chelsea fans (on here and especially on Twitter) lump Willian in with "flops?" So unappreciative. He's one of our best players, ffs.

Anyways, if this kid being thought of as an immediate first team player or is he "one for the future" who will be loaned out never to be heard from again? Even if he's a replacement if for Matic if he's sold, what would signing this kid mean for Chalobah and RLC? 

Just seems kinda weird that if we're after another midfield target it wouldn't be a significant upgrade. This seems like huge gamble rather than just going and signing more of a sure thing.

It's no wonder we finished 10th when he was our best player. Says a lot about both him and us. 

The days of Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Romario etc are long gone. Nowadays Brazil can't even beat Iraq.

18 minutes ago, nono said:

Our rivals, who were already ahead of us last season have gone and spent record money on established talent. We can't be betting on hopes any more. 

It's almost always a gamble when you sign a new player, whether he's unknown or a superstar.

I thought Chelsea fans already knew this by now after the signing of Torres.

3 minutes ago, nono said:

It's no wonder we finished 10th when he was our best player. Says a lot about both him and us. 

The days of Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Ronaldinho, Romario etc are long gone. Nowadays Brazil can't even beat Iraq.

Nono has spoken, Brazil are doomed for evermore! ?

4 minutes ago, nono said:

One of our best players. As in he's one of our 3-4 best.

As for their national team, not that their best team is any good now, but that Olympic side is basically their youth team + Neymar. Can hardly judge them.

Gonna have to agree with @nono Brazil is no longer the hotbed for talent it once was. Also, None of you had even heard of this kid before FM 16. Seems to me like another overhyped Brazilian like Piazon... I'd rather play Chalobah then take a chance on this average, overhyped, "brazilian wonderkid" :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Styles said:

I can kinda see what he's saying. Is this guy the real deal? Our past dealings don't exactly inspire that much confidence. We just had Pato on loan ffs!

I'm not saying he's talented because he's Brazilian. That'd a daft thing to say. He's actually just a talented young player. I would say he's a bit like Zouma when he signed him - massive potential for a nice price, just needs to develop a bit more and have game time and he could be a huge player. He has all the tools as a midfielder. He's very nice on the ball, and has all the tools to become a very good defensive midfielder. Think a more defensive Modric or Verratti. That sort of player. 

2 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Gonna have to agree with @nono Brazil is no longer the hotbed for talent it once was. Also, None of you had even heard of this kid before FM 16. Seems to me like another overhyped Brazilian like Piazon... I'd rather play Chalobah then take a chance on this average, overhyped, "brazilian wonderkid" :rolleyes:

No one is saying that he's good because he's Brazilian though... You'd have to be daft to rate a player simply because he's Brazilian, especially when Brazil haven't been one of the top international teams for almost a decade now. 

He can easily play with Chalobah. If anyone needs to leave it's Mikel. A midfield collective of Fabregas, Kante, Matic, Chalobah, Maia and RLC is pretty impressive. 

Also, with rumours that Matic has Juventus interested he'd be a pretty sound replacement. 

4 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

No one is saying that he's good because he's Brazilian though... You'd have to be daft to rate a player simply because he's Brazilian, especially when Brazil haven't been one of the top international teams for almost a decade now. 

I get that I just haven't seen anything to suggest he's a quality player. 

7 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Useless? The guy is one of the most talented youngsters in the world. It would be a great signing. Just because we sign him before we sign defenders doesn't mean he's useless. 

Some flawed logic. It's like saying "hey, let's not sign Lewandowski because most Polish football players aren't top top level". 

Have you ever seen him play to even call him useless, or a flop? Just because you've never heard of him doesn't mean he is a random player. He is a very highly rated young man.

Also, surely you know clubs can negotiate for more than one player at the same time? Come on. 

7 hours ago, nono said:

None of our talented Brazilians have really worked out for us. Ramires, Oscar, Willian, Pato, Kenedy, etc. The level of talent is really low in Brazilian football right now and we should just stay away. He'll probably end up just like Kenedy with us if he signs. 

This.

There are alot talented players in brazil, I just don't rate them Any more.

Enough flops during the recent years. Piazon, oscar, ganso, one striker i forgot his name etc...

About the defenders issue, we should spend our money first on them, we have enough midfielders...

Edited by xPetrCechx

Chalobah has slotted in nicely and has looked very good against relatively strong opposition.

Maia is competing at the Olympics against sides like Iraq's youth team and has looked OK at best.

This seems like a grass is always greener kind of signing.

If we want a young quality midfielder we should sign Bazoer.

9 hours ago, Diego said:

You're so annoyingly ignorant 

"Random guy" if you don't know much about him fine but don't act like he is some nobody. He is a young Brazilian who plays for the biggest Brazilian team and now is getting a look in at the national level who is being scouted by a number of big European club. 

Us signing him has ZERO effect on our pursuit of a top Defender. Clubs are able to scout, negotiate and sign more that one player at a time.

Im not coming from ignorant position at all. Sry if u see it like that.

Heard not once about those "young Brazilian who plays for the biggest Brazilian team and now is getting a look in at the national level who is being scouted by a number of big European club", nothing special became from them.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You