Nikola Maksimovic

Unionjack

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer Maksi for 25 million than Koulibaly for 60 million who also misses our games against Arsenal and Liverpool because of the African cup. 

Really? Just curious, you've been bashing our board for lack of transfers and signing of mediocre players, why are you willing to settle for the worse player between these 2?

6 hours ago, Ryan Fong said:

Really? Just curious, you've been bashing our board for lack of transfers and signing of mediocre players, why are you willing to settle for the worse player between these 2?

Because the other one (Koulibaly) is not achievable. 

I would really like this signing tbh...if he can occasionally play the FB role as well, that would be great.

Ivanovic might be the weak link in defense, but tbh what our back four really needs is a player like prime, in-form Ivanovic.

16 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

Yeah, I meant something more than 140 characters lmao! Maybe someone on the forum.

This might do. I have never seen him play so I just quote an article from fourfourtwo.com.

Strengths

His aforementioned technical skills are an asset, as Maksimovic is often seeing carrying the ball dangerously out of defence to unsettle opposition defences that generally don't expect to see a roaming centre-back coming in their direction.

At 6ft 3in, the Serb is a strong physical presence and always lets his marker know they’re in a game. His anticipation is excellent too: statistics show he makes an average of 4.1 interceptions a game, and 2.5 tackles.

He also has a decent turn of pace for a man of his size and can pick his passes well – he has hit the target with 84% of his balls this season.

Weaknesses

Considering his technical ability and inclination to get forward, Maksimovic has a surprisingly poor strike rate, even for a defender. He struggles to capitalise on his aerial advantage from set-pieces and has failed to score for Torino in 75 appearances. While this isn’t the first thing asked of a centre-back, the ability to chip in with the odd goal would certainly add to his game.

Maksimovic has also not been tested too much outside of Serie A. He's been in and out of the Serbia team, picking up a total of nine caps, and the Europa League adventure with Toro last season was his only meaningful experience of top-level European competition. The step up to title battles and Champions League campaigns could be a demanding one.

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/nikola-maksimovic-torinos-new-vidic-who-could-start-manchester-tug-war#3zlgElBi9uCX5Vqw.99

Just sign this guy and call it a day. Torino are willing to listen to offers and prefer selling him abroad, player himself wants to move, relatively low price, Serie A experts rate him pretty high, impossible to be worse than Cahill, etc....

49 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

Just sign this guy and call it a day. Torino are willing to listen to offers and prefer selling him abroad, player himself wants to move, relatively low price, Serie A experts rate him pretty high, impossible to be worse than Cahill, etc....

From the couple Torino supporters Ive asked say hes a great defender they dont want to lose. They hated that Napoli were after him but if they were to sell him theyre glad its not to another Serie A team.

9 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

From the couple Torino supporters Ive asked say hes a great defender they dont want to lose. They hated that Napoli were after him but if they were to sell him theyre glad its not to another Serie A team.

That's what their board wish as well, if can't keep him sell him abroad.

11 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

That's what their board wish as well, if can't keep him sell him abroad.

Makes me wonder why that North London club didn't stick at him. Or were their links bollox?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You