Shkodran Mustafi

You would think we would only sign one, unless conte is looking at playing koulibaly at right back while mustafi partners Terry, or plays alongside Zouma as Terry cannot play every game. I wonder which link is more truthful. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a good defender but imo not what we need at the moment. He's not proactive enough and more in the mold of Cahill except better at defending.

We need someone like Koulibaly who can step up and be aggressive and play out from the back. We've lacked that in our back line for ages.

Is it too much to ask for both him and Koulibaly? :/ 

Defense is so shaky, and really doesn't fill you with any confidence as a fan. I'm sure a lot wouldn't like the idea of bringing both in due to Zouma coming back eventually, but having all three of them there and rotating I think is a decent way to go about it. One thing about our time with Mourinho is that he absolutely ran our players into the ground. 

The funny thing is that only arsene is reasonable on the transfer market with this offer to Mustafi. But there's no chance to sign someone if you act reasonable in the transfer market.
If we could land him for £20-25mln I won't be unhappy. We desperately need fresh faces in our defence.

Napoli are said to be close to renewing Koulibaly's contract that would pay him around €2M per year. (via Gazzetta)

@Italianocalcio 

If this is true and is happening, it's the second goddamn time we got played by a players agent. 

Just get Mustafi FFS 

EDIT: whoooops. This was meant for the Koulibaly thread but either way, he renewing his contract with Napoli means we need to go all in for Mustafi.

Is there any reason why we shouldn't have pushed for this guy?

I understand that there shirly must be (Hope to fuck) some dealings going on for defenders but I'm worried and confused as to why even the click merchants aren't linking us with any.

Is it because our transfer team are so good they're staying in the shadowst or that there just aint anything happeninhg?

36 minutes ago, the wes said:

Everton must not rate him he made one substitute appearance in two-and-a-half-years at Everton :blink:

He played there between the age of 16-19.. It's not easy to break into a Premier League team with no experience at all. Christensen made 1 sub appearance in the PL, 3-4 matches in all competitions.

I don't know why he left Everton, but I'm pretty sure they regret it now. Like we regret letting KDB go.

sign him up, tired of dealing with napoli. Young german CB to pair with zouma once he is healthy (which is coming along quickly) is excellent. is comfortable enough on the ball to play in a back 3 next year if we want. No bidding war, put in a real offer and lets get him in.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You