John Terry

DavidEU

Benitez has indicated that if Terry plays a game he is unable to train in the days immediately after the game. Does that sound like somebody who is fit to you? Look at the games against Stoke away and Newcastle away does that look like somebody who is fit to play? He gave away a penalty at Stoke and was at fault for two goals in the other.

I think the issue here is that he has been found out. He is so unfit and incapable of doing the basic movements (run, turn, lateral movement) required of a professional footballer that he is beginning to become surplus to requirements.

He cost us 2 goals at Newcastle but that was never a penalty against Stoke. As soon as he is completely match fit, whatever that means in Terry's case, he should be rushed back to the starting 11 where he belongs. Cahill and Bane haven't impressed one bit as a partnership.

Hardly tested today tbh however he was against Newcastle and two goals conceded so... Jury's out

Let's completely forget he didn't play a competitive game for about a couple of months before that... And let's also pretend that our defending has been absolutely superb during his absence.

And of course Terry isn't as good as he used to be like but that doesn't mean he isn't good enough to start for us anymore. He's still a beast of a defender and our best defender IMO. Just because he hasn't played in ages people seem to forget just how good he is - it isn't just this season either. It's happened before, spells where Terry was out of the team but he's always proven that he's great enough to come back in the team.

I'm just waiting for Terry to have a consistent run in the team to prove all the doubters wrong.

I'm just waiting for Terry to have a consistent run in the team to prove all the doubters wrong.

Tbh Terry has been written off practically every season for the last 3-4 years and he's always come back strong. It remains to be seen how he reacts this time around. If Mourinho comes back, I believe he will flourish again.

And of course Terry isn't as good as he used to be like but that doesn't mean he isn't good enough to start for us anymore. He's still a beast of a defender and our best defender IMO. Just because he hasn't played in ages people seem to forget just how good he is - it isn't just this season either. It's happened before, spells where Terry was out of the team but he's always proven that he's great enough to come back in the team.

I reject the notion he's our 'best defender'. I think Ivanovic is a better defender than Terry is, and it's not that we're saying cut JT loose, it's just that he's not a starter. This has the makings to be a Lampard-AVB repeat and I hope for the sake of the team Terry accepts that he's not a preferred option anymore.

And let's not forget how his temperament almost cost us the Champions League last season.

I reject the notion he's our 'best defender'. I think Ivanovic is a better defender than Terry is, and it's not that we're saying cut JT loose, it's just that he's not a starter. This has the makings to be a Lampard-AVB repeat and I hope for the sake of the team Terry accepts that he's not a preferred option anymore.

And let's not forget how his temperament almost cost us the Champions League last season.

Why should he accept that he's not the preferred option anymore? If you haven't noticed, he hasn't been playing because he's been injured, not because Ivanovic and Cahill are preferred. That's like saying Vidic isn't United's finest defender anymore because he's been injured and hasn't been playing either.

How the hell is this turning into an AVB-Lampard thing? If you haven't noticed again, both Rafa and Terry came out and said it was nonsense.

And I think Terry and Luiz are better CBs than Ivanovic.

Like I said, Terry gets written off so many times, but he always proves himself. You have to give him a consistent run of games before you can say he isn't first choice anymore.

Iva is probably our best "defender" (although Luiz can be world-class if he keeps his concentration for 90 mins) but what Terry offers other than defending is still enough to earn him a starting place, imo. In addition to the leadership and organizing skills that we seem to always suffer without, people underestimate the importance of Terry's distribution skills from the back which we have been missing the most during his absence, imo.

Something that is always missed when anyone talks about JT is his ability with both feet. His distribution from defence with long balls at times is quite sensational.

All this as well as been a superb defender.