John Terry

DavidEU

I know... but with roman all is possible...

True but considering we have had managers get sacked after winning the double and champions league finals and champions league winners etc. Just making top 4 is hardly gonna stand a chance and when he is hated and the players can't exactly love him.

A week or two ago I thought about the JT situation and it felt really strange, like there is something more to it. In the past he's been playing through injuries and has always been a starter as long as he is medically cleared and now those continuous spells at the bench, with the excuse he has not regained his fitness, are really shady.

I do respect Rafa's position with Terry. He's chosen to look at the defensive aspects over the leadership aspect, so he's looked at it from a football point-of-view. I think it's inevitable we'll be targeting a center back in June, we've only got Cahil, Ivanovic & Luiz (with the most latter dispatched at DM instead). This window could be quite problematic.

Me thinks thou dost overly respect the Fat Waster

They cook up a lot of drivel, but they seemed to have used a bit of imagination for this one (if it actually is drivel)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4798729/John-Terry-and-Rafa-Benitez-in-furious-Chelsea-bust-up.html

JOHN TERRY has had an amazing row with Chelsea interim boss Rafa Benitez

Benitez blamed JT for two of the goals. He blamed him for losing Jonas Gutierrez for Newcastle’s first goal and for diving in without winning the ball in the build-up to their second.”

Benitez let fly at JT in front of his shocked team-mates — and the Blues legend blasted back. The source added: “The manager was furious after losing in the last minute and made it clear he wasn’t happy with John’s performance.

“He also reckoned that John wasn’t fit enough after three months out of action.

“JT wasn’t happy about the criticism and had a go back at the boss in front of all the other players in the dressing room.

“Everyone was stunned by the way the manager singled out JT. It was not the way he is usually spoken to at Chelsea.”

Me thinks thou dost overly respect the Fat Waster

Hardly. I want him gone as much as the next Chelsea fan, but I do believe his decision has been justified. JT offers not much defensive cover as Cahill-Ivanovic does. His leadership is missing, granted, but that alone isn't enough imo.

They cook up a lot of drivel, but they seemed to have used a bit of imagination for this one (if it actually is drivel)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4798729/John-Terry-and-Rafa-Benitez-in-furious-Chelsea-bust-up.html

Well Rafa does have a point there..

That's a thing we have to exterminate from our club. Under no circumstance should a player talk back to a manager. Player power is out of hand in our beloved club, legend or not. We might hate Rafa but he does have a point. Terry is a veteran defender and should know better before lunging into a tackle. At the moment a manager can be successful only when the long serving players in the club approve him, which is completely wrong. So that's a big argument for not renewing some of their contracts barring out Cole, who still is one of the best LB in the world and we don't have a replacement for him other than Bertrand who is not exactly living up to the hype.

The next manager that comes in should and must have a chance, regardless if Lampards, Terrys etc PERSONALLY like him or not. They are a huge part of the club and its legacy but they are not the club itself. They are mixing the two things in their heads.

Terry isn't the player he was couple of seasons back. Over the past couple of seasons he has been in the spotlight for the wrong reasons. For having affairs, losing England's captain position, injuries, bust up with AVB, Rafa and almost costing us the Champions League with getting himself sent off in a silly position (vs A. Sanchez) He is a great player no doubt but all of this takes its toll. He has to get used to being on the bench, so does soon to be 35 year old Lampard

A week or two ago I thought about the JT situation and it felt really strange, like there is something more to it. In the past he's been playing through injuries and has always been a starter as long as he is medically cleared and now those continuous spells at the bench, with the excuse he has not regained his fitness, are really shady.

Benitez has indicated that if Terry plays a game he is unable to train in the days immediately after the game. Does that sound like somebody who is fit to you? Look at the games against Stoke away and Newcastle away does that look like somebody who is fit to play? He gave away a penalty at Stoke and was at fault for two goals in the other.

I think the issue here is that he has been found out. He is so unfit and incapable of doing the basic movements (run, turn, lateral movement) required of a professional footballer that he is beginning to become surplus to requirements.

I agree with the above. I doubt there is some conspiracy going on, Terry simply isn't as good anymore as he used to be. I don't fault him for that, he has put his body through hell to squeeze the most out of his prime, it's only logical he can't keep doing so for too long. If a manager talks to him, criticizes him, whoever the manager may be, he simply cannot talk back. I actually think Rafa might have been right if and whatever he said, enough of massaging their egos. Rafa may be a wanker and whatnot, but I genuinely don't believe that he's dumb enough to criticize a player if he didn't deserve it. To be honest at the moment all of them deserve critics and I hope Benitez isn't holding back.

While I agree that Terry was at fault for those 2 goals, Benitez is partly to blame for this matter as well. He has hardly started Terry since he returned from his injury and seems rather reluctant to ease him back into action by bringing him on as sub in games and suddenly, he decides to start him AWAY at Newcastle, which was always gonna be a tough game! Fair to say then the decision backfired disastrously!!