Non Cup-tied players?

lucio

For me, our priority should be a midfielder, the key zone. In the summer market I get tired of asking for one, but sadly no one coming and we suffered the consequences.

In this transfer market is difficult find good options, but trying to find something, my favorite option would be Allan or Moutinho (Being both different type of midfielders). And taking in count that the first is almost impossible, I think that Moutinho will be the best option.
Another options (Some box to box, another more creatives) could be:
Tielemans: The problem is his inexperience, but I think that his profile of player will be great for us, and also, we would win a midfielder for 10 years.
Milan Badelj: One option a little bit more unknown, but I have seen him in Fiorentina this season, and I find him as a very interesting player. Solid and strong on the containment and very good with the ball on his feet. I think that could do a very good couple with Matic on the middle. I see him as a very similar player to Charles Aranguiz, that player who was linked with us some months ago.
I didn't take in count Gundogan, because I think that he is not avaible for this transfer market. I can't see Borussia selling him.

My fellow countryman Badelj is not better than Pašalić, I'm afraid. Pašalić is also much younger.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed :(

Charlie Colkett to me looks interesting - has he shrugged off his injury yet? Really like this lad, could see him stepping up!

That would be awesome RLC and Colkett running the midfield show :)

solanke

boga RLC musonda

colkett baker

ake zouma christensen azpi

courtois.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe we can get Benteke.

I think Klopp prefers a different type of striker and Benteke would be the ideal target man for Mourinho and he could get the best out of Costa, imo.

Moreover he's friends with Hazard. ;)

Gundogan is a very good player, but don't you think that Mourinho would field him as a number 10 like he did with Modric?

If Loftus-Cheek can't up his game, maybe we should take a look at Kondogbia, but haven't seen him this often so far.

Baba is getting better and better, age is his friend, but Terry's not.

I would go again for Stones.

Offer big money and some prospects.

Another transfer request, disaster for the them all over again, have fun. Maybe we stand a chance this time.

John Stones is still on our "target list" ? What about 2 years younger Andreas Christiansen who is playing regulary in Champions league and Bundesliga? It is sad that we don't appreciate our youth players and we see our only solution in new transfers for big money :)

As I said in the summer - we need quality not quantity. Pedro is not quality IMO, some average midfielders or defenders are also not. If we are about to spend milions let's bring Pogba or some star player that will actually make us better. Otherwise younger players can take place as a rotation.

1. Mitchy Batshuayi.

2. Joao Moutinho.

That's only two names that comes to my mind who are gettable and no cup-tied. But I doubt we're going to buy either or anyone else mentioned here. As for midfielders, I agree it's the biggest area of weakness currently but we won't get solution this January unfortunately. Our best bet is recalling Pasalic from loan but doubt that will be the case. Buying Stones is next to impossible IMO and I really don't know how much he will cost if 35m+ was not enough last time with new TV deal come into place.

I said this several times, I think we will go all out on Alex Teixeira but he's cup-tied.

dont you dare. i guess someone might have made the same joke around jose and he got to thinking - well he would add "experience" to our ranks.

lol we do need to sign two or maybe three cracking players who are going to hit the ground running to gives us a chance to do something in the CL this year and turn this season into a good season but its a big ask tho

Mahrez. What a player he is. Forget Vardy, he is the man behindert Leicester's success. Brillant technical ability, pace finishing, still only 24. he is everything Pedro is not.

I doubt Leicester will sell any of their players in January maybe in the summer tho

What's more worrying is why someone within our backroom cannot identify a Mahrez type for love nor money yet we get players like Djiliboji.

I'd look closely at this area of staff along with JM if we are to see a big shake up.

What's more worrying is why someone within our backroom cannot identify a Mahrez type for love nor money yet we get players like Djiliboji.

I'd look closely at this area of staff along with JM if we are to see a big shake up.

Mahrez would probably turn into Salah here. The main reason he is doing well is because he has confidence, trust from coach and brilliant hard working TEAM. He would have nothing of that here.

Thing is, even Djilobodji if signed by Leicester instead of us, might become one of better CBs in PL. But since he is here, he doesnt even get a chance to show it (not saying he would if he got the chance, but you know there is a chance)

Salah, KDB, Lukaku, Cuadrado and bunch of others are doing just fine elsewhere, it doesnt matter if we have top talent or not, we simply dont have the board that would transform them into good players.

Mahrez would probably turn into Salah here. The main reason he is doing well is because he has confidence, trust from coach and brilliant hard working TEAM. He would have nothing of that here.

I agree with you. But what I also meant was the identification of such a player. But this is the point we are at, we must start finding gems like him, not everything needs to 30-40M to be a success which is why I worry about our scouting network and policy.

I agree with you. But what I also meant was the identification of such a player. But this is the point we are at, we must start finding gems like him, not everything needs to 30-40M to be a success which is why I worry about our scouting network and policy.

Right now we are in perfect situation to give Kenedy or RLC (two unknown and cheap; RLC even being academy player) a chance, but hey they dont get it. IMO the problem is not in the board to find such player, its in management team that knows two fucks about how to give those guys a chance. Even a talent like Mahrez would turn into flop here because at best he would play in odd game here and there and regardless of display would be benched the next 10 games.

KDB was THE gem we had (despite he didnt fit into Mou plan, he is still a top talent) and we didnt do anything. Wasnt even given a chance.

I get what you mean, but even if we had the best scouting team in the world, Mourinho and Co would find a way to ruin every player they get hands on (or 9 out of 10 at least). Talents wont just turn brilliant as soon they come here. They will need positive enviroment with coach that trusts them which gives confidence and play time. Sadly they would get ''show us what you have in 5min'' treatment and even if they do good, some underperforming ''star'' player would still play ahead of them.

Right now we are in perfect situation to give Kenedy or RLC (two unknown and cheap; RLC even being academy player) a chance, but hey they dont get it. IMO the problem is not in the board to find such player, its in management team that knows two fucks about how to give those guys a chance. Even a talent like Mahrez would turn into flop here because at best he would play in odd game here and there and regardless of display would be benched the next 10 games.

KDB was THE gem we had (despite he didnt fit into Mou plan, he is still a top talent) and we didnt do anything. Wasnt even given a chance.

I get what you mean, but even if we had the best scouting team in the world, Mourinho and Co would find a way to ruin every player they get hands on (or 9 out of 10 at least). Talents wont just turn brilliant as soon they come here. They will need positive enviroment with coach that trusts them which gives confidence and play time. Sadly they would get ''show us what you have in 5min'' treatment and even if they do good, some underperforming ''star'' player would still play ahead of them.

My point was one that I stated earlier. The whole management/backroom staff need a full overhaul. That means JM going and full shake up, because it's quite clear we fail to not only bring in the young talents from the academy set up but we also fail to identify the real gems from around Europe i.e. Mahrez for example. Contrary to popular belief, you can actually adapt young talent in amongst the big names, it's alright saying they learn from them in training but development goes a hell of a long way if they actually are played with the top boys and such the learning curve really motors on.

People are so heavy into talking about JM being sacked but the big picture is larger and more worrying for me.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You