• Fabregas
    • Hazard
    • Oscar
    • Willian
    • Costa
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)
    • Remy (sub)

This is getting humorous on the tiebreaker scenarios and rules. There are more explanations than Steven Gerrard goofs. :D

From the Internet, and we all know how reliable it is (ha!):

The teams are ranked according to points (3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, 0 points for a loss). If two or more teams are equal on points on completion of the group matches, the following criteria are applied in the order given to determine the rankings (regulations Article 17.01):[1]

1. higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question;
  2. superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question;
  3. higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question;
  4. higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question;

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A win against Porto and we finish top. A draw we finish second. Sky sports says so and thats final :readthemessage::D

I can believe it if Sky says that .. BUT not the BBC at one time tonight they had Porto 1st Porto 2nd Kiev 3rd Maccabi 4t h and we werent even listed

Matchday 6 permutations:

VSBp421.png

We can afford to lose and still qualify if Dynamo Kiev fail to beat Maccabi Tel-Aviv but that's unlikely...

Yes! This is correct as I know it. Just like when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor.

Seriously, I believe you have it 100% spot on!

If you are going to correct someone make sure you arent being even more dumb than me lmao...

Btw, I already orrected myself.

lol

Actually we also have 5 points from those games. We might not end in first if Dynamo score enough goals.

Have the rules changed? I thought if we finished with a draw Porto you we first based in head to head gold difference. This is assuming dynamo don't draw.

Nope. The first tiebreaker in the H2H record if 2 teams are level on points is the number of points collected from the two matches. So a draw with Porto will mean they have the better H2H record against us because they got 4 points while we got only 1.

7EUXFED.png

Edited by Jason

In the case of all the 3 teams finishing with 11 points. Does Goal difference among the '3'teams played come into consideration or the 'overall' Goal difference of the group stage matters?

The former - http://forum.talkchelsea.net/topic/20753-ucl-qualification-permutations-and-combinations/?p=1180085

Nope. The first tiebreaker in the H2H record if 2 teams are level on points is the number of points collected from the two matches. So a draw with Porto will mean they have the better H2H record against us because they got 4 points while we got only 1.

and they only got 1 v Kiev and kiev only got 1 v us......next stage is?