Zhang Lingpeng

Magic Lamps

Chinese clubs, especially Guangzhou Evergrande, have performed well at the AFC Champions League. They won it very recently. I mean, look at how successful Kagawa ended up being for Dortmund. Keisuke Honda, another example, ended being a success in Europe.

The reason why Chinese team have been underperforming is because of the management and the corruption IMO.

Yeah but they are japanese. China is a different animal. But maybe they are the more lucrative market? I wonder whether Japan, China or India would buy most merch if a European top club bought a national of theirs.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but they are japanese. China is a different animal. But maybe they are the more lucrative market? I wonder whether Japan, China or India would buy most merch if a European top club bought a national of theirs.

Yes it is a common thing clubs end up doing. I believe, few years ago, Sporting CP signed an Indian player but barely played any games. I heard it made them more popular in India. With China, it'd be harder with more corruption, meaning more replicas being sold.

But tbf, Japan were like China in terms of World cups. It wasn't until 1998, they started to compete in World Cups. I'm sure with better management, training, faciliities and less corruption, China can do the same as Japan.

Zhang Linpeng was a key defender for his club's Champions League triumph and I wouldn't have a problem with him, as long as the wages and transfer fee are reasonable. He'd be a decent backup.

Xinhua reports, however, that Zhang has since taken to his Weibo page to plead with the club to give the move a green light. "Please respect the promise, I will take the risk by myself," he wrote.

Can someone explain to me, why a Chinese player cannot get a work permit here? I don't understand this.

China is ranked 9 places too low. A player has to be a regular player for a nation ranked in the top 70 nations to get a permit.

We could appeal and get him playing though as he seems to be a legit player, and could improve the game here.

China is ranked 9 places too low. A player has to be a regular player for a nation ranked in the top 70 nations to get a permit.

We could appeal and get him playing though as he seems to be a legit player, and could improve the game here.

Correct. But id bet my house he is getting loaned out. I'd not be surprised if there is still a first team CB to come in too

If Chelsea's youth system can't produce a decent fullback better then fullbacks in China then we may as well close it...

it's all about making money in the Chinese market that's probably why chelsea want him football is a business nowadays

it's all about making money in the Chinese market that's probably why chelsea want him football is a business nowadays

I know but I can't get over the fact that we've sold Bertrand and Van Aanholt, we are keeping Ake at the bench and now we're signing some Chinese bloke from Chinese league.

I know but I can't get over the fact that we've sold Bertrand and Van Aanholt, we are keeping Ake at the bench and now we're signing some Chinese bloke from Chinese league.

I agree mate your 110% right

I agree mate your 110% right

Especially considering Bertrand was English and played a fucking CL final... Duh

I can understand the club struggling to produce a first team player with world class quality but backup is something I'd like to see at least.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You