Man of the Match  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spike, I see your point but past successes should not exempt players/managers from criticism. We are 8 points behind City. Of course you should understand fans anger. Especially when there are so much flaws in the team. I don't see how you are expecting people to sit down and think "OK, I will take that. We are champions and Mourinho has done so much for us."

Does not work like that. That is why in the football world, managers get sacked. You can't rely on the past. Wenger can but when criticism is due, it is due. We have been poor 3/4 games this season and the worse thing is bar City they were games where we should have won.

I never said that the club should be exempt from criticism. As with everything it should be criticised but also should be taken into perspetive. Yes, the club has done poorly but I think people are too quick to pull the trigger and throw in the towel. Yes, Jose has been terrible but he has 34 games to redeem himself.

Great post but who cares about history and the 80's? We're in 2015 and our defense is getting raped game after game after game with no sign of improvement

To be honest, it is pretty bad at the moment, this is one of our worst starts to an EPL season in a long time...

Who cares about history and the 80s? I guess people are right when they say Chelsea have no history. On another not you follow up 'not caring about history' with comparing this EPL start to past EPL starts. So I guess you do care about history in some manner.

My concern is that we've been shit since the run in last season where we were scrapping out 1-0 wins while playing shit football. Well this season our luck has turned and the lucky 1-0 wins aren't coming anymore but instead we're leaking goals and losing games.

I keep hearing this, but we are playing WORSE now, not the same.

Hazard was the match winner and Azpi, Terry, Zouma and even willian played will (not necessary attractive football though)

At the moment they're all shit

People are so ungrateful. God forbid they supported a team that was struggling for survival every season.

Mourinho is shit, Ivan needs to be sold, complain, complain, complain. Bitch and moan. Losses happen, no team is perfect. Fuck, Chelsea just won the title last season, there are fans out there that will never see their team do that. Ever.

I'm not one of them but I know there are supporters out there that went through a lot more hard times with the club than a few losses at the start of the season. If I know my history correctly the 80s weren't kind but people still supported the club. Not many but they were there. I bet they aren't half as wound up as some people about this this. Have a bit of perspective, it isn't that bad. It really, really isn't.

The arrogance and entitlement is unsettling. I'm not telling you guys how to feel about it but just have a little perspective about it.

Firstly lets not talk like an Arsenal supporter .. because that's what you sound like ...

The aim of this club NOW is to be there on the top, keep winning day in day out,, season after season ... tournament after tournament ...

I know what you're saying and trust me I do echo your thoughts ... But mate, whats happening is really embarrassing ... specially when we have won the freaking league last season, WE ARE GODDAMIT CHAMPIONS! ... I have no issues with losing/drawing but it is how we are losing/drawing it specially with the quality that we have. That's what is killing everyone (my belief). Have we spend shit loads of money to see this!!! Seriously! You play it right and fans will not be as disappointed as we are now. On forums you see everyone saying the same thing ... These are pains areas, lets mend it but we are doing the same old thing again and again and again ... Then you say we need to have a little perspective, how can we have one? You tell me ...

I know our fans in the past have suffered or have seen more pain than what we will and I hope the next set of fans never see it! Respect to those fans, seriously they have been there for the club which is amazing ... But now we arent the old Chelsea, we strive to be the best not just in England but Europe and the World. And i m sure if those old fans wouldn't be happy seeing what we are doing on the field.

Dont mean to argue or hit on you, apologies in advance if I came across as arrogant ... Cannot help it.

God, where to even begin with this...?

Positives:

1. Err...err...err...were there any positives today?

Negatives:

1. Pedestrian football going forward. Plenty of (stupid) passes around the penalty area but very little penetration and to make matters worse, we decided to take aimless pot shots from distance. I mean...HOW CLUELESS CAN WE GET?!

2. The defence...looked OK in the first half but everything that's wrong with it became apparent in the second when we attacked more. Again, both of Palace's goals came down from our right side (FFS IVANOVIC!!!). Mourinho said he's been drilling the defence in training this week but there hasn't been any improvement. NOT ONE BIT!

3. Players' form. If anyone finds the real Hazard, Fabregas, Matic etc, please return them to the club ASAP because those playing out there right now are imposters. They seem to lack the hunger, desire and commitment. At the moment, almost everyone is just going through the motion.

4. Mourinho. Still can't understand his decision to bring on Kenedy and play him at LEFT BACK when we had an actual left back on the bench! That decision turned out to be costly because our LB area was exposed for Palace's second goal. At that point, it looked as if Mourinho was just randomly throwing players onto the pitch. Did we really need to go that gung-ho when we were only 1-0 down?!

5. We have 4 points from 4 games and are 8 behind City in first. Our next three games are Everton (A), Arsenal (H) and Newcastle (A). Based on what we have seen so far, I'm fearing the worst.

First of all, well done Pardew and Palace. Great display. Secondly, I would like to say that in my opinion Ivanovic's lack of form is not as important as Matic, Cesc, Hazard, Willian and Costa being PISS POOR.

Ivanovic is a large reason for the offense being so terrible too. He hasn't done anything going forward like he did last season, and he can't cross the ball.

He forces Azpi to play on the left, and Azpi can't cross on his left due to it being his weak foot. At least he is solid defensively and links up decently.

I never said that the club should be exempt from criticism. As with everything it should be criticised but also should be taken into perspetive. Yes, the club has done poorly but I think people are too quick to pull the trigger and throw in the towel. Yes, Jose has been terrible but he has 34 games to redeem himself.

If Mou gets 34 games to redeem himself, get ready for Ivanovic getting 34 games to redeem himself too.

We better learn from that shocking performance, or a terrible season will be upon us. I can understand why people are really angry, but I´m not sure they are pointing their anger at the right people. Ivanovic definitely needs to be taken off the starting 11, but I´m pretty sure Mou is playing him to press the transfer of a new defender.

I´m still supportive of Mou. let´s not forget what he did last season. I mean, he won us the title ffs.

I really don´t know what the heck is on Fabregas´head right now, and I´t clear we need Oscar back.

Only positives would be Kennedy and Falcao getting on the score sheet, but a terrible performance nonetheless.

Come on Chelsea! We know we can get back on track!

Who cares about history and the 80s? I guess people are right when they say Chelsea have no history. On another not you follow up 'not caring about history' with comparing this EPL start to past EPL starts. So I guess you do care about history in some manner.

I hear what you're saying, in your original post, but I never understand that 'there were worse times' talk. Chelsea struggled in the 80s, yes, but they didn't have a manager who makes a fortune, top class players and weren't one of the best clubs in world football. When the situation changes, the demands change. So all that is irrelevant.

But I agree with you saying some take it too far.