Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

goal by Pedro, good cross by Ivanovic... a) the apocalypse is near B) Christmas came a tad early or c) Jose left ....

Or D) his inconsistency is to be expected. He's still adapting, after all.

He has been pretty substandard, but I'm willing to give him time to settle into a new culture (both in footballing and societal terms).

Unsung hero of yesterday. Really impressed with his effort.

Agreed I like Pedro. We are not a side that is built for his style of play but, in the right environment, can be a big contributor. There was a lot of good stuff from him in possession yesterday. He and Fabregas produced some pleasing tiki-taka combinations that pulled Sunderland apart.

Agreed I like Pedro. We are not a side that is built for his style of play but, in the right environment, can be a big contributor. There was a lot of good stuff from him in possession yesterday. He and Fabregas produced some pleasing tiki-taka combinations that pulled Sunderland apart.

Yeah it offers a change to raw counter attacking, can be a valuable asset.

Or D) his inconsistency is to be expected. He's still adapting, after all.

He has been pretty substandard, but I'm willing to give him time to settle into a new culture (both in footballing and societal terms).

Still adapting.

I remember it took Ramires 6 months to get it together.....not that Ramires is the best in the world but just saying.

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, El P. said:

One thing I tought  he will bring us - efficiency. He is failing big time. I'm starting to lose faith in him.

me 2. I thought we had come off the better when we lost out on Douglas Costa but managed to snatch Pedro a proven winner but I couldn't have been more wrong. It is shocking how much time he needs to adapt. You can see he always has good ideas but either his touch lets him down, he lacks accuracy or simply the physical attributes like pace to be a winger. Seems to be a top guy though, very professinal, always smiling so I really hope he makes it. 

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

me 2. I thought we had come off the better when we lost out on Douglas Costa but managed to snatch Pedro a proven winner but I couldn't have been more wrong. It is shocking how much time he needs to adapt. You can see he always has good ideas but either his touch lets him down, he lacks accuracy or simply the physical attributes like pace to be a winger. Seems to be a top guy though, very professinal, always smiling so I really hope he makes it. 

That missed chance today was just too much for me. He is known for being dangerous striker, but this... Work rate is there, link up too, but it's not enough.

He is just what Willian was when he just got here. And about adapting... He is 28. We can't wait until his 30 to adapt. :D

Pedro never looked really great playing for Barcelona. I always saw him as a very limited player who was lucky to play for a brilliant side. Playing for Chelsea I realized he is even more limited than I thought.The amount of mistakes he does is just unbelievable, and when he take the ball and start to run, he usually looks like a desperate man.

He's clearly still trying to adapt to the league but I can't say I'm surprised with his performances in general. He's a good squad player, that's all he'll ever be here. Said that from the start. Signing Pedro was never the real solution, but he's a decent bridge at the very least, for maybe one of our youth players or maybe to allow us to bide some time and get a proper quality player in the AM strata.

6 hours ago, The Skipper said:

He's clearly still trying to adapt to the league but I can't say I'm surprised with his performances in general. He's a good squad player, that's all he'll ever be here. Said that from the start. Signing Pedro was never the real solution, but he's a decent bridge at the very least, for maybe one of our youth players or maybe to allow us to bide some time and get a proper quality player in the AM strata.

Pedro is the kind of player that will fit in well with a successful system, when we start hitting a positive run again thats when we will see the best of him, he would have been brlliant for us last season.

I would imagine he would leave if he was relegated to squad player for an extended period, if he left his boyhood club for that reason I can't see him sticking around here for long if he's a bench player.