Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

I'm happy he's doing good. I felt sorry for him for last season, but glad he's improving with Conte. 

Even if Willian might be better then him to bring better balance it's good to have a great option like him doing good. 

2 hours ago, Fernando said:

I'm happy he's doing good. I felt sorry for him for last season, but glad he's improving with Conte. 

Even if Willian might be better then him to bring better balance it's good to have a great option like him doing good. 

I agree Willian is technically superior to Pedro. But Pedro has his advantages, does Willian make that run behind the defence that Pedro did in the first minutes against manutd? But on the other hand, Willian is far better at holding onto the ball under pressure and we would probably have scored more on the counter if Pedro didn't lose the ball a couple of times. 

2 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

But on the other hand, Willian is far better at holding onto the ball under pressure and we would probably have scored more on the counter if Pedro didn't lose the ball a couple of times. 

C'mon now. Let's not make as if Willian is great on the counter. He has his own record of screwing up counter attacks with poor decision making, poor delivery etc.

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

C'mon now. Let's not make as if Willian is great on the counter. He has his own record of screwing up counter attacks with poor decision making, poor delivery etc.

Pedro is better than Willian in his off the ball movement and runs, but I know Willian is poor in decision making a lot of the time but he's still better on the ball than Pedro. And since this new formation allows the 3 forwards come inside and swap with each other, Willian could thrive in this formation because I've never really liked him as a right winger. 

1 minute ago, kellzfresh said:

Pedro is better than Willian in his off the ball movement and runs, but I know Willian is poor in decision making a lot of the time but he's still better on the ball than Pedro. And since this new formation allows the 3 forwards come inside and swap with each other, Willian could thrive in this formation because I've never really liked him as a right winger. 

Both have their strengths and weaknesses but given the other front 2 are Hazard and Costa, I do wonder if Pedro is more suited than Willian to play in the attacking 3. Hazard and Willian are a little bit similar whereas with Pedro, he'll always provide that off the ball threat - something that Costa and Hazard don't often do.

12 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

No wonder they all look like reborn players under Conte. His methods and the fact that he is ready to give a chance to any player regardless of his name & age has brought new levels of motivation and self belief inside the squad. 

Very refreshing. Not only that but say Chalobah and RLC start tonight, you just know that even if they do not play great they will not be hung out to dry or singled out, he works with players and strikes me as a real peoples person.

On 25/10/2016 at 5:29 PM, Jason said:

Both have their strengths and weaknesses but given the other front 2 are Hazard and Costa, I do wonder if Pedro is more suited than Willian to play in the attacking 3. Hazard and Willian are a little bit similar whereas with Pedro, he'll always provide that off the ball threat - something that Costa and Hazard don't often do.

That is an excellent point. Willian and Hazard both operate more inside as playmakers, but when you have no runners then your playmakers can suffer. Pedro is the runner we lost with Schürrle, speaking of which I now think that having Schürrle here would have been great with Conte. We let go some really good players who would have been of great use right now. Pedro is not the best player in the world, but we need him in this collective not least because of lack of an alternative to someone who brings what he brings to the team. He's an unselfish team player with a great drive to do well whenever given the opportunity, let's recognize that when we also slate him for his deficiencies that he certainly has.

Edited by manpe

21 hours ago, manpe said:

That is an excellent point. Willian and Hazard both operate more inside as playmakers, but when you have no runners then your playmakers can suffer. Pedro is the runner we lost with Schürrle, speaking of which I now think that having Schürrle here would have been great with Conte. We let go some really good players who would have been of great use right now. Pedro is not the best player in the world, but we need him in this collective not least because of lack of an alternative to someone who brings what he brings to the team. He's an unselfish team player with a great drive to do well whenever given the opportunity, let's recognize that when we also slate him for his deficiencies that he certainly has.

Let's just say there is a reason Pep kept picking him and it took someone as extraordinary as Suarez to kick him on the bench. As you alluded too his game compliments technical players quite well, and with a positive attacking system in place could link up and compliment Hazard like he did Messi.

Last season he was being told/asked to make things happen, not his game, it's like signing Dybala and telling him to play on the shoulder of the last defender.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Let's just say there is a reason Pep kept picking him and it took someone as extraordinary as Suarez to kick him on the bench. As you alluded too his game compliments technical players quite well, and with a positive attacking system in place could link up and compliment Hazard like he did Messi.

Last season he was being told/asked to make things happen, not his game, it's like signing Dybala and telling him to play on the shoulder of the last defender.

Last season he was completely out of his depth, constantly picking the ball from deep and trying to dribble up (or in one instant dribbling backwards to concede a corner, honest mistake lol). You know who I blame for lack of any attacking cohesion last season. I'm looking forward to seeing what Pedro has to offer when acclimatized to a proper attacking system.