Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

Pedro is having a rubbish season. I think a lot of that comes down to the style of the league he came from. There is no other league like the Premiership based on the physicality of it. I think Pedro will be fine once he adapts, he's not blown my mind but I can see he is not used to playing here at all. Never been a fan of Spanish league transfers to be honest, some notable studs from the Spanish leagues that have completely flopped in the prem: Felipe Luis, Soldado, to name a couple. Some have been great so its not all, but it is risky in my eyes. 

He was poor today but like I said a few posts above, so much Arsenal and non Arsenal fans said the same about Ozil when he first arrived in the Prem. He looked completely out of his depth and just looked too lightweight for the PL. I don't need to say any more for people to get what point I am getting at. But I will say the adjusting period for a lot of players coming from Spain to England is not easy.

27 minutes ago, Stats said:

He was poor today but like I said a few posts above, so much Arsenal and non Arsenal fans said the same about Ozil when he first arrived in the Prem. He looked completely out of his depth and just looked too lightweight for the PL. I don't need to say any more for people to get what point I am getting at. But I will say the adjusting period for a lot of players coming from Spain to England is not easy.

Could help himself by simplifying his game though - e.g stop over-dribbling with the ball (because that isn't his strength), stop doing those fancy step-overs, pass and move the ball quicker (some times, he holds for a tad too long). Keep It Simple.

On 1/17/2016 at 10:00 PM, Stats said:

You will keep writing the same post over and over until he leaves the club as a top 3 worst transfers. Ozil was a better player than Pedro before. I do believe some people here watched few Barcelona's games or watched too much youtube videos with his best moments. 

4 hours ago, Henrique said:

You will keep writing the same post over and over until he leaves the club as a top 3 worst transfers. Ozil was a better player than Pedro before. I do believe some people here watched few Barcelona's games or watched too much youtube videos with his best moments. 

Also, Ozil was 25 when he signed for Arsenal, Pedro 28 when he got here. Even if he manages somehow to make it here, years would fuck him up soon. I have little to nothing hope of Pedro making it.

5 hours ago, Henrique said:

You will keep writing the same post over and over about how shit he is. Same thing you do with Matic. We won't hear the end of it. Yeah and the fact that Ozil was a better player before and found the prem really difficult when he originally arrived and even the season after shows that it is nto the easiest league for players to adjust in. Especially when you have several other underperforming players.

I am not saying he will turn out great but as this season looks pretty much doom and gloom I am happy to give him my backing till next season. Simple as that. Right now is a difficult epriod for him, like it is for several other of our players.

I think Pedro would do well here if we played him as a winger, instead of as a midfielder where we ask him to come deep.

Our squad is dying for 433 IMO.  Fabregas doesn't work as well as a DM or as a pure 10.  I also think that Oscar would be better a little further back.  Pedro and Hazard would also work better as winger/forwards, also IMO.  

Now, we're being linked with Lavezzi, I think he's pretty similar to Pedro in the winger vs. midfielder regard.

17 hours ago, kmk108 said:

There's a rumor that Chelsea are wanting to send Pedro back to Barca for a loan, reported by Sport.

They don't have a clue, do they?

Pedro left Barcelona because he couldn't get consistent game time in the starting XI. Why would things be any different now if he were to go back there? If he's going to leave, it will be to somewhere he can play week in week out.