Barcelona v Chelsea

Jase

Suarez is like 5'11 isn't he?

How does he have that 5'6/5'7 center of gravity? He is as strong as a bull too. Frustrating watching him dribble our players at times.

he bends like a rat....missed him in the PL

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW!!!! Fantastic half of football!

Hazard, Cesc, Costa, Matic, and Kenedy were all fantastic.

As I predicted prematch, though, Suarez is terrorizing our central defense. Will be a constant worry this season when up against the best forwards in the world, with or without Terry.

This also may be the sexiest kit I've ever seen us wear. Absolute beauty!

I'm very happy with how we played considering we've been training for only a couple of weeks.

Haven't seen any part of the previous matches, except the highlights against NYRB

We look balanced, our defense was a bit shaky at moments, but I don't know if they were really a bit off or if Suarez and Barça were just that good. Maybe a combination of both?

Either way, I think we did more than okay, no complaints at all. This is a pre-season friendly, my expectations are low.

I hope we haven't been pressing because the players aren't there yet, because I can't stand another season of lazy, loose pressing by us.

I think in this game we're not pressing on purpose, Barca are sending everyone up the field, giving us the chance to easily counter them... i think thats Jose's way of thinking in those kind of games against those kind of oppositions.

It works, but we're defending badly and they had a lot of chances to score, that cant happen in this system. in a real game.

• Oscar & Cesc both look fit & ready to go.

Costa's 1v1 finishing has always been terrible for me so I wouldn't read too much int that miss. Most important thing is his pace looks like it's returned.

Suarez is the by far the best striker in football. Zouma & Cahill can't handle him.

Kenedy looks extremely raw. Great defensive workrate & pace though. Great ping for Matic

I'm developing a real hate & love relationship with Matic & I'm sure I'm not the only person

Thank God for Courtois

Azpi is brilliant.

Fat Hazard is still a class above 99% of footballers out there lol.

I think in this game we're not pressing on purpose, Barca are sending everyone up the field, giving us the chance to easily counter them... i think thats Jose's way of thinking in those kind of games against those kind of oppositions.

It works, but we're defending badly and they had a lot of chances to score, that cant happen in this system.

in a competitive match though they'd have more yellows. They've been stopping all our counters with fouls. Those bastards

• I'm developing a real hate & love relationship with Matic & I'm sure I'm not the only person

I'd bet you are... except maybe for Henrique, but I suppose he never liked him in the first place, so it doesn't count.

He missed 4 chances come on man, if he keeps missing chances for months then I'll be worried that he'll have confident issues. The guy really doesn't lack any confidence imo, he looks fucking hungry, he's just not hitting the ball the way he normally does.

Costa doesn't come off as the type of player who could lose his confidence. Torres and Falcao, for example, have softer personalities. Whereas personality wise, Costa is the impulsive brawler type. Not the type of person who loses confidence from missing a few chances.

Like what I saw in the first half. We seemed to attack from the word "go". Lots of movement. Near misses from both sides. Costa should have burried his. Hazard is just, well, Eden we know and love. I like this guy Kenedy :D

Courtois has been on his game tonight.

Look forward to the second half. Hope we keep the pace. Curious who and when we sub. I am feeling better about where we will be the next couple of weeks as a team.

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf: