Ashley Cole

Madmax

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

COLE JOINS DERBY ON A FREE

Veteran left-back Ashley Cole has joined Derby County.

A short-term, six-month contract has bee finalised for the 38-year-old to play under his former England and Chelsea team-mate Frank Lampard.

The three-time Premier League winner has been without a club since leaving LA Galaxy in November.

We should have took him , better than Alonso lol

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I'm a bit surprised by this one. He will get eaten alive with the high pressing tactics Lampard plays.

Reckon its more for experience in the dressing room. A lot of young guys at Derby. Coles experience and knowledge will be a big boost.

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Reckon its more for experience in the dressing room. A lot of young guys at Derby. Coles experience and knowledge will be a big boost.

Maybe, but if he is getting made to look silly by average Championship wingers regularly that would overrule his previous history in the players eyes, can you really guide people on how to do their jobs if your struggling at your own? Regardless of the players history.

Just now, Tomo said:

Maybe, but if he is getting made to look silly by average Championship wingers regularly that would overrule his previous history in the players eyes, can you really guide people on how to do their jobs if your struggling at your own? Regardless of the players history.

Perhaps but I doubt he would be starting every week. Maybe somebody to bring on to close out a game? Id be surprised if he isnt used sparingly or in games against bigger teams where experience can help.

On 1/21/2019 at 6:31 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Well we have a load of experience in the dressing room but seems we don't have a leader capable of tdishing out some home truths and getting the lads fired up.

I read somewhere that if we had a shit 1st half JT would tell peeps in the dressing room what was going wrong and what individuals were doing wrong.

SOMETIMES it caused rows but it cleared the air and everyone had their say. And it was all forgotten afterward because it was all about playing better.

I doubt very much if this sort of thing happens. I can see whatever manager has gone in and may have said some things that had been wrong and as soon as hes out of earshot they all tell each other how well they were playing.

We need to bring back some of them old lads to explain and help the lads how to create some fire,hunger,pride in their performance.

We know that they DO have the ability to win - they just forget how they do it.

Lets hope they remember tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Ashley Cole snubs Jose Mourinho as the former Chelsea defender claims Luiz Felipe Scolari and Carlo Ancelotti were his favourite managers

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6666927/Ashley-Cole-claims-Luiz-Felipe-Scolari-Carlo-Ancleotti-favourite-managers.html