• Willian
    • Costa
    • Hazard
    • Cuadrado (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)

Jose just claimed 5 of the players didn't train since Everton

If it's true - it fucking showed tonight

I just hope we find a settled line-up for the next few games - EPL, CL and CoC are all in jeopardy otherwise

Just need to find some early season form - where we ripped teams open

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose just claimed 5 of the players didn't train since Everton

If it's true - it fucking showed tonight

I just hope we find a settled line-up for the next few games - EPL, CL and CoC are all in jeopardy otherwise

Just need to find some early season form - where we ripped teams open

this is the hard time when you grind it out KTF we have some warriors and then Hazard

It was disgusting to see them killing us with wing play, just like Man city always do. When will Mourinho finally learn? we can also do this to teams.

They did this because they play a high line.

What people don't (want to) understand is that it is impossible to control a game with only 6 players (3 midfielders, 2 wingers and the center forward) and no overlap from your full backs.

Chelsea can't play a high line with Terry, Cahill and Ivanovic. Jose might be a defensive minded coach, but not a suicidal one.

How many "well worked" moves did they have before the goal?

PSG created many decent chances over the course of the game - many of which came after they scored the equaliser.

They had 2 half-chances in the first half both of which came on the counter after silly mistakes in our mid, and a chance from poor marking on a corner (thought it was going out, anyway). Nothing "well worked" about them. We had relative control up until the equalizer.

Relative in that it was 1-0 until we eventually conceded. They were pulling us all over the field.

What's been happening a lot this season is we park the bus but don't actually do any defending. We just concede space, offer nothing on the counter and just try to see the game out. We did not have any control whatsoever in the second half.

But they conceded only one shot. A poor attacking performance is more understandable when you're defending well (or a poor defensive performance when you're attacking well) but we did neither well and that is a recurring theme for the big games this season.

The credit goes to Shakhtar. Why would Bayern want a 0-0 away? We got a much better result than them.

We did score when PSG were playing for the counter and looked for preserving the draw after conceding. Would have been a different game had we not.

Terrible 2nd half. I can't stress how poor the 2nd half was.

And our best defenders in the world didn't win one ball in the air against Ibra.

They attacked through cahill/ivanovic side all through and we couldn't stop them yet again. When zouma played we forgot that weakness.

Terrible passing under pressure and terrible pressing throughout.

Ramires*

Notice you were talking about defence liabilities....you never mentioned Cahill?

You talk so much shit, Ivanovic is solid, He drifts into the box more because he is more likely to win the ball in the air more than Willian would,

So take away Brana's goals and we are out of capital one cup, drew at villa and lost tonight....BRILLIANT THINKING!

you're the one who's talking shit. since when does scoring goals exempt a full back from his defensive responsibility? and when did I say Cahill is great? We all know he isn't but at least Jose is looking in to that... yet the right flank has been neglected for so long

There is no way in hell we would have conceded that goal. He might have been in an even worse position than Cahill, but his leap is so enormous he would have chested that cross down.

On a different note the goal was Terry's fault as much as it was Cahill's. what the actual fuck was he doing there? Defending azpilicueta? Cahill stepped up too much, but when he does Terry has to cover the space Cahill leaves behind. He didn't.

Lol, PSG haven't lost at home all season and won from Barca. We play 1-1 there with the home leg still waiting: meltdown over here.

Great result. I don't care about the way we got it, never did in the past and not starting now. Anyway calling it luck is far too easy. We almost never lose a game with this tactic, but apparently we're always lucky then.

PSG created many decent chances over the course of the game - many of which came after they scored the equaliser.

Relative in that it was 1-0 until we eventually conceded. They were pulling us all over the field.

What's been happening a lot this season is we park the bus but don't actually do any defending. We just concede space, offer nothing on the counter and just try to see the game out. We did not have any control whatsoever in the second half.

Yes, they had plenty of chances after the 1-1, hence why I said the momentum completely shifted.

Between our goal and the equalizer, PSG managed to create next to nothing ---> Relative control for us.

We did not "park the bus" until after the equalizer and that is when PSG started created chances regularly. We even started the second half better than them till they scored.

you're the one who's talking shit. since when does scoring goals exempt a full back from his defensive responsibility? and when did I say Cahill is great? We all know he isn't but at least Jose is looking in to that... yet the right flank has been neglected for so long

Brana has been amazing for years, Even JT said it tonight post match! Brana's goal and assist stats are brilliant. he has the odd bad game defensively.

Well, got a decent result I suppose at 1-1, but really poor overall after looking like we might salvage a poor start based on the way we finished the 1st half.

First truly bad performance from Diego. Made Torres' performances last year look stellar. :o

Remy would have been a better choice as it turns out. Diego healthy? Fabregas needs to be moved back to his normal position. Oscar I suppose needs to come back in. Really surprised that they bossed us around at times.

The were carving up our back line like a prime rib at times. They must have had four or five great looks inside the box.

Courtois easy MotM.

All things considered, better than 3-1 result there last year. Rally the troops and take out these guys at the Bridge in a few weeks.

Come on you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Yes, they had plenty of chances after the 1-1, hence why I said the momentum completely shifted.

Between our goal and the equalizer, PSG managed to create next to nothing ---> Relative control for us.

We did not "park the bus" until after the equalizer and that is when PSG started created chances regularly. We even started the second half better than them till they scored.

PSG were very tentative and weary of the counter attack initially; once they needed to press and actually push for a goal we caved in like we have done repeatedly this season.

You call it control but to me PSG were afraid of being undone on the counter attack; their initial approach suited us perfectly. Once they went for it there was no resistance.

Any hint of pressure from the opposition and we completely fall away whilst offering nothing in return.

Nah. I think our best team is 4-2-3-1 with hazard willian cuadrado.

And oscar rotating CAM with willian.

I dont like the way we're playing in a 4-3-3.

Of course I would like to see our 4-2-3-1 against big teams if that means matic - fabregas, hazard willian cuadrado. But, I'm not sure that we will see that. that's why i mentioned 4-3-3.

btw. when is the last time we played in a 4-3-3?