• Hazard
    • Cuadrado (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cüneyt Çakir was too lenient tonight, the lack of bookings allowed PSG to break up our game with so many persistent fouls that went unpunished. Veratti's yellow card could have easily been a red, and how David Luiz walked out of that game without a single booking is a mystery. We often lack creativity when Fabregas plays as a number #10 behind Costa; I'd hope Mourinho considers reverting, or at least experimenting, back to 4-3-3 to allow Cesc to sit deeper, although credit to Veratti & Matuidi who were outstanding tonight. Interesting to note that the Independent were reporting, around the 70' mark, that Hazard had been fouled nearly 15 times. Different class.

PSG were very tentative and weary of the counter attack initially; once they needed to press and actually push for a goal we caved in like we have done repeatedly this season.

You call it control but to me PSG were afraid of being undone on the counter attack; their initial approach suited us perfectly. Once they went for it there was no resistance.

Any hint of pressure from the opposition and we completely fall away whilst offering nothing in return.

That's illogical. They needed a goal at 0-1 much more but only took control of the game after our defense practically gifted them the equalizer.

Momentum can have a huge impact in football. Plus, psychologically, it made sense for our players to subconsciously settle for 1-1. PSG needed a second and had the momentum, belief, and fans support of just scoring.

great result, that typical Chelsea fighting spirit was on show again! if we ever lose this fighting spirit that Jose installed into our club in 2004 it will be a very very sad day for me! and its sad when people moan about these types of performances away from home without a fully fit squad aganist a good team and getting a good result, but people want us to play like Barcelona in these types of games, oh wait how did Barca get on in Paris again, please someone remind me???

1.Diego Costa has done nothing outside the BPL!,17 goals this season all of which have been in the league! what kind of improvement is he if he can't score in Europe?

Torres/Eto'o/Ba all had a couple by this point in the champions league last year!

That is such a Troll Football way of thinking. Wow.

You do realise it's 17 not 7, right?

You do remember Costa played so little in our CL campagne so far with Drogba and Remy rotating places, right?

You do realise Costa would score many against those teams we had in our group, right?

Buy yeah, sorry, he has to score from the bench! He has to score whenever he moves a muscle in his body on and off the pitch! He has to score when he's asleep! He has to join this forum and score in each thread! What a lazy bastard!

Brana has been amazing for years, Even JT said it tonight post match! Brana's goal and assist stats are brilliant. he has the odd bad game defensively.

you claim Ivanovic drops in to the box to help clear out crosses, yet, tonight, it was Azpi who was doing that more often.... look, they had Cavani and Ibra, who was winning every single aerial battle against JT, in the box most of the time. The only way we could avoid conceding was by shutting the flanks down and blocking their crosses. I love bane as much as the next guy here, but he just isn't doing much in that regard all season

Same old European performance by us in the knockout stages it seems.

Shit tactics.

Men against boys.

Everyone looked off the pace.

Someone needs to light a fire under their arses at Stamford Bridge but I have a bad feeling that we will try to nick it 1-0 and end up conceding, as per.

Worryingly nobody fixed the defensive lapses time after time Ibra/Cavani were left to waltz into the box, thats just not Chelsea.

That's illogical. They needed a goal at 0-1 much more but only took control of the game after our defense practically gifted them the equalizer.

Momentum can have a huge impact in football. Plus, psychologically, it made sense for our players to subconsciously settle for 1-1. PSG needed a second and had the momentum, belief, and fans support of just scoring.

See, now that's illogical. You're speaking as if we scored an own-goal. PSG had 4 players in the box when Cavani scored, they were pushing for the goal. It was an inch-perfect cross and an excellent header. Terry/Cahill didn't pick the ball up and throw it into our goal.

That is such a Troll Football way of thinking. Wow.

You do realise it's 17 not 7, right?

You do remember Costa played so little in our CL campagne so far with Drogba and Remy rotating places, right?

You do realise Costa would score many against those teams we had in our group, right?

Buy yeah, sorry, he has to score from the bench! He has to score whenever he moves a muscle in his body on and off the pitch! He has to score when he's asleep! He has to join this forum and score in each thread! What a lazy bastard!

He's started at least 4 games....0 goals! same amount as the other 2

Same old European performance by us in the knockout stages it seems.

Shit tactics.

Men against boys.

Everyone looked off the pace.

Someone needs to light a fire under their arses at Stamford Bridge but I have a bad feeling that we will try to nick it 1-0 and end up conceding, as per.

Worryingly nobody fixed the defensive lapses time after time Ibra/Cavani were left to waltz into the box, thats just not Chelsea.

DID we LOSE AGAIN ... fuck that is bad???

great result, that typical Chelsea fighting spirit was on show again! if we ever lose this fighting spirit that Jose installed into our club in 2004 it will be a very very sad day for me! and its sad when people moan about these types of performances away from home without a fully fit squad aganist a good team and getting a good result, but people want us to play like Barcelona in these types of games, oh wait how did Barca get on in Paris again, please someone remind me???

Has the bar been set so low that expecting a team that cost ~ 200 million £ to be able to string 5 passes together in the opposition half is expecting something Barcelona-esqe?

Reading all that negative comments about Costa, Cahill and Fabregas (which I agree), I think everyone's forgetting that this was a typical Chelsea performance away from home. At Stamford Bridge they'll attack a lot more. Chelsea was far more organised than PSG. The only bad moment was when unmarked Cavani scored a goal, which is a Championship level mistake from Cahill (I'm not sure, but I guess it was him).

Our goal was brilliant, real beauty.

See, now that's illogical. You're speaking as if we scored an own-goal. PSG had 4 players in the box when Cavani scored, they were pushing for the goal. It was an inch-perfect cross and an excellent header. Terry/Cahill didn't pick the ball up and throw it into our goal.

Ivanovic was out of position and left Rami isolated and Cahill should have been first to the header.

Moments before the goal their defense was in trouble as Hazard ran at them. We got into more dangerous positions at the start of the second half before they scored.

This match simply appeared to confirm a number of things that have become increasingly apparent as the season has progressed:

- Our 'game management' in the 'big games' is poor this season. Every time we open the scoring, we drop back into our own half to defend, invite pressure onto ourselves, and make almost no effort to mount attacks of our own. Pretty much every time we do this we concede. Mourinho MUST attempt to find a different approach that makes better use of the players at his disposal, because the current approach just isn't working.

- We need a dynamic box-to-box style player (with pace and technique) as our 'number 10' (Willian). Fabregas can't press, is too easily bypassed when we're out of possession, and is unable to dictate our play from so high up the pitch. Oscar offsets some of his dynamism with a relative lack of pace and inconsistent short passing/ball control. Willian appears to be the best fit in that position because he can press, he has pace (both to recover position when the press is bypassed and to initiate counter-attacks), and he's technically sound.

- Deploying Ramires in the DM is increasingly ineffective. Mourinho is letting the 'idea of Ramires' obscure the reality. Ramires no longer seems as capable in defense as he used to be (our DM looked flimsy on a number of occasions tonight), and he causes our possession game to suffer massively. We should simply play the Matic-Fabregas pairing whenever possible, and have Willian and Cuadrado use their combination of pace/work-rate/defensive ability to ensure that they are offered sufficient protection.

Mou has been this way for over 10 years and it won't change. When you point it out, you get criticised by his fans. Very strange.

very true, which is sad and worry me.

Mou is very good manager, but cannot deny when playing away and facing good team even just half decent team

he too otften make his own team, play to passive and being inferior side.

Too much sitback and really poor on attack and even worse sometimes what we can do is only sitback and hoof the ball. Pathetic display