• Matic
    • Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Costa
    • Hazard
    • Cuadrado (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Oscar (sub)

I 'm not happy with the performence but last year we lost 3-1 there and then in Madrid we drew 0-0 but we were outplayed by Atletico, which was n't the case today with PSG.

They had two good chances to make it 2-1.

Diego did not finish one single job but he did keep them occupied. In general we did nothing up front. The goal and Hazard's low cross blocked by Sirigu early on.

Well PSG is on a par with City I believe so you can't call this result bad, but we have to finish them off at the bridge.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the people complaining, Bayern got a 0-0 and had only one shot on target against Shakhtar.

The cheap goal we gave away completely changed the momentum of the match. Credit to PSG who played very well and Blanc who got his tactics spot on.

By cheap goal do you mean PSG scoring from one of their many well worked moves? Most of which resulted in Courtois making a save?

I don't care how many goals Bane scores, he's been a defensive liability all season. The right corner is not not Matic's responsibility or Willian's .. its his.

And Ramirez brings nothing to the table anymore.

Absolute daylight robbery

I'm Happy with 1-1 after that

Few points I have.

1.Diego Costa has done nothing outside the BPL!,17 goals this season all of which have been in the league! what kind of improvement is he if he can't score in Europe?

Torres/Eto'o/Ba all had a couple by this point in the champions league last year!

2.Cahill is a total liability, Doesn't win any first balls anymore, Terry's positioning for the goal wasn't great, but Cahill should still have done better to put Cavani off

3. Fabregas is not a number 10, works so much better in the pivot where he can dictate the temp and see every pass in front of him!

4.We lack something in the final this, I just don't know what.

5.Tibo is an outstanding goalkeeper and saved our asses once again.

and finally 6. Zouma second leg, I BEG YOU JOSE!

For the people complaining, Bayern got a 0-0 and had only one shot on target against Shakhtar.

But they conceded only one shot. A poor attacking performance is more understandable when you're defending well (or a poor defensive performance when you're attacking well) but we did neither well and that is a recurring theme for the big games this season.

First match FINISHED: We are ahead

Halftime absolutely perfect pragmatically. A goal for us (The goal of the Old School will become final in the tie) and no danger from PSG.

Incidentally, I very angry that Diego Costa is the villain of the movie in every match. I do not like this trend to criticize Diego.

"Class is to die on the pitch, not all that cheap philosophy"

In the second half the goal of Cavani has changed our whole approach. We were playing comfortable. But the goal (impossible half and half because of Cahill) has changed the tempo of the match and Jose has decided to play with false defense of 5 to ensure result for the match at The Bridge

I think we have not suffered much. Courtois has been spectacular (absolutely perfect), but PSG has not put us on the ropes. Even in the last minutes we controlled the tempo of the match better.

Cahill is now a backup, Zouma has to accumulate all possible minute to be prepared for this kind of matches (I think Zouma is already prepared, but these games are very demanding).

In short, the approach of Jose was perfect in pragmatic terms. They are 180 minutes and finished the first 90 minutes WE are winning the tie.

Champions League ties are always decided in the second match, but we've hit first.

The Bridge will decide

article-2957353-25C5ECE600000578-282_964

Lovely Old School

chelseaheart.gif

I don't care how many goals Bane scores, he's been a defensive liability all season. The right corner is not not Matic's responsibility or Willian's .. its his.

And Ramirez brings nothing to the table anymore.

Ramires*

Notice you were talking about defence liabilities....you never mentioned Cahill?

You talk so much shit, Ivanovic is solid, He drifts into the box more because he is more likely to win the ball in the air more than Willian would,

So take away Brana's goals and we are out of capital one cup, drew at villa and lost tonight....BRILLIANT THINKING!

No way that ball would pass near Zouma to Cavani, of course it passed near Cahill. But he had a beautiful assist.

And Fabregas is not good as AM, much better as CM. I think we should try to play 4-3-3 against big teams. Matic-Fabregas-Ramires and and Hazard-Costa-Cuadrado in front of them.

Nah. I think our best team is 4-2-3-1 with hazard willian cuadrado.

And oscar rotating CAM with willian.

I dont like the way we're playing in a 4-3-3.

We have been shit the whole of 2015, with only the Swansea game hiding our poor play of late, would not be surprised if we went out on away goals because our defence looks incapable of keeping a clean sheet when it truly matters

Hopefully Zouma plays, already a much better player than Cahill and he's only 19.

By cheap goal do you mean PSG scoring from one of their many well worked moves? Most of which resulted in Courtois making a save?

How many "well worked" moves did they have before the goal?

They had 2 half-chances in the first half both of which came on the counter after silly mistakes in our mid, and a chance from poor marking on a corner (thought it was going out, anyway). Nothing "well worked" about them. We had relative control up until the equalizer.