Mauro Icardi

OneMoSalah

On 2/15/2019 at 9:26 PM, Vesper said:

So lets make a move for Dybala

IF Icardi goes to Juve

the list of acceptable and remotely available top level WC strikers is insanely small

Dybala

Werner

Jovic

wild card (and more of a winger or secondary striker) João Félix, BUT he will cost well over £100m and is utterly unproven in a big 5 (even if we think he has CR7-lite potential)

then the not doables

a 31yo (in August) Lewandowski (IF Werner goes to Bayern) who is too old to get a multiyear contract here

Antoine Griezmann turns 30 in the middle of the season after next so chop chop (pretty much impossible as well)

we blew a chance for Martial this last summer, now he renewed for Manure

we may be entering an age in a several years year of very few true young great, truly WC strikers in European football

just 3 years from now

the only under 30yo (and this so far, someone may shoot up out of the blue, like Pellegri at Monaco,Lautaro Martínez at Inter, or Felix, if he goes full number 9, etc) great strikers may be

Kane  29yo

Icardi 28yo

Gabriel Jesus  25yo

Luka Jovic  24yo

Timo Werner  26yo

Krzysztof Piatek   27yo

Marcus Rashford?????? 24yo

and some of them are not guaranteed

I refuse to put Lukaku in this list atm

If Madrid don't go for Dybala I really hope we can convince him to come, I read somewhere he would cost just above what Pogba did and if you ask me in this market it's a pretty fair price.

18 minutes ago, Nicco said:

I don't know how many agree but I'd take Werner or Jovic over him, not to say I wouldn't be happy if he came but those two are more complete.

If we are going to make a huge money move for him, this summer is probably it in terms of being remotely worth it.

We would only get 3 full full seasons out of him before he hits 30yo. At most he has maybe 5 truly peak (and that last one, when he turns 31, is shaky) seasons left, especially in the meat grinder that is the EPL.

Icardi is almost guaranteed to not be a genetic freak like CR7 or Zlatan.

AND

Callum Wilson

is a YEAR (almost exactly) OLDER than Icardi

and has those BAD knees

I can see the board buying Wilson, ROFLMAOOOOOO

Only strikers I rate (who are remotely available)

Icardi

Dybala (not convinced he can be a straight nine)

Werner

Jovic

I would go, all in all (and especially because of events with that gold-digging baby-machine whore of a wifey of Mauro)

with who you said

Werner, then Jovic

IF he was 22 to 26, BY far the number one pure striker I would want would be Lewandowski

he is at this exact moment, the best striker on the planet

Shame he is already 30

I don't know how many agree but I'd take Werner or Jovic over him, not to say I wouldn't be happy if he came but those two are more complete.
You can't be judging players that have shown glimpses at mid table sides to someone of Icardi's calibre.

As I've said previously, Icardi is the best CF within our reach. His agent is the only thing I don't like.

50 minutes ago, Vesper said:

If we are going to make a huge money move for him, this summer is probably it in terms of being remotely worth it.

We would only get 3 full full seasons out of him before he hits 30yo. At most he has maybe 5 truly peak (and that last one, when he turns 31, is shaky) seasons left, especially in the meat grinder that is the EPL.

Icardi is almost guaranteed to not be a genetic freak like CR7 or Zlatan.

AND

Callum Wilson

is a YEAR (almost exactly) OLDER than Icardi

and has those BAD knees

I can see the board buying Wilson, ROFLMAOOOOOO

Only strikers I rate (who are remotely available)

Icardi

Dybala (not convinced he can be a straight nine)

Werner

Jovic

I would go, all in all (and especially because of events with that gold-digging baby-machine whore of a wifey of Mauro)

with who you said

Werner, then Jovic

IF he was 22 to 26, BY far the number one pure striker I would want would be Lewandowski

he is at this exact moment, the best striker on the planet

Shame he is already 30

I hate the idea of a player being written off once they hit 30. I understand the idea and logic behind it, getting their best years, potential resale value, etc I just don't agree with it myself.

Yes the Premier League is a different beast but there are plenty of examples of players still performing and scoring goals the other side of 30. In this day and age all the players look after themselves far better then they did even 20 years ago and can very easily prolong careers at the top level.

Aguero if anything seems to be getting better with age and I wouldn't back against him to continue scoring goals in the Premiership for the next 2-3 years comfortably. Drogba turned 32 in Ancelotti's first season which I think was his best overall season at the club. There's even recent unfashionable cases like Glenn Murray scoring at a very healthy rate at the age of 35.

In the same way with young players (if they're good enough, they're old enough), the logic applies to older players too (if they're good enough, they're not too old).

If Chelsea took the idea of players the wrong side of 30 being too old and need replacing then our main players in our Champions League run and victory wouldn't have been at the club and I remember the likes of Lampard and Drogba being written off as past it during AVB's time.

I think that if the team is set up to suit the strengths of a striker there's no reason that a goalscorer suddenly stops scoring goals once they pass 30. If anything with someone like Icardi who doesn't rely on pace, I'd say if he did come to the Premier League and adapted and fit into a system that complements him, he'd likely have a prolonged career at the top.

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I hate the idea of a player being written off once they hit 30. I understand the idea and logic behind it, getting their best years, potential resale value, etc I just don't agree with it myself.

Yes the Premier League is a different beast but there are plenty of examples of players still performing and scoring goals the other side of 30. In this day and age all the players look after themselves far better then they did even 20 years ago and can very easily prolong careers at the top level.

Aguero if anything seems to be getting better with age and I wouldn't back against him to continue scoring goals in the Premiership for the next 2-3 years comfortably. Drogba turned 32 in Ancelotti's first season which I think was his best overall season at the club. There's even recent unfashionable cases like Glenn Murray scoring at a very healthy rate at the age of 35.

In the same way with young players (if they're good enough, they're old enough), the logic applies to older players too (if they're good enough, they're not too old).

If Chelsea took the idea of players the wrong side of 30 being too old and need replacing then our main players in our Champions League run and victory wouldn't have been at the club and I remember the likes of Lampard and Drogba being written off as past it during AVB's time.

I think that if the team is set up to suit the strengths of a striker there's no reason that a goalscorer suddenly stops scoring goals once they pass 30. If anything with someone like Icardi who doesn't rely on pace, I'd say if he did come to the Premier League and adapted and fit into a system that complements him, he'd likely have a prolonged career at the top.

you are cherry picking genetic freaks (I always point out some just to be fair, but they are RARE, truly exceptions, Murray is obviously one)

Drogba had ONE year beyond the 30/31yo age that was great, when he was 31/32

his 32/33yo and onward seasons PLUMMETED, never remotely as good

and

I gave Icardi until he was a full 31yo (in my 5 year peak positing)

That said, it is simple maths, with, as stated, some rare exceptions

some positions more than others

fullbacks and DMF's especially

WC RB's  

NONE over 29yo (unless you count absolute part-timer and not even RB now a lot of the time, Dani Alves, he would be CRUSHED defensively if you put him on a middling EPL team)

ONE over 28 (and TBH I no longer rate him WC at fullback, after this shit year, he looks spent and is NOT good enough for us at RB) Azpi who is 29yo, 30yo this summer, he can still function as a CB in a back 3 IMHO

Even at 28yo you only have 3 atm , Kyle Walker and (arguably) Mário Fernandes of CSKA  and (again arguably) Kieran Trippier

WC LB's

NONE over 30yo

One at 30yo (the rapidly in decline (further proving my point) Marcelo

One at 29yo (Jordi Alba)

that is it

WC DMF's

ONE over 30yo, the genetic freak Fernandinho (33yo)

that is it

other positions players can perhaps last a bit longer

Strikers sometimes, but

look at Higs for instance

has just plummeted as he ages, and he even (I admit) looks really fit appearance wise (I am very happy he isn't, atm, a fat ass), but is slowing quickly and reflexes are going

I DO hope he still comes good though

sure there are some genetic freaks, and also slower leagues

but the EPL today is overall a viscous-paced frenetic league

I think it's happening. Clearly he's leaving. I don't think Real wants him they have different targets. Barca is out of course because Mauro and Messi don't get along. Inter will try to avoid selling to Italy and no club there will pay that much money. Manchester is not good enough city for Vanda. Maybe Paris but they have FFP issues. Morata and Michy will get us 90m euros that should cover most of the transfer. My only concern is is he better option then Jovic? We don't know now. 

Transfer window this summer ends on 8 of August even earlier than last year. We need all new players here for pre season in early July. Club must work on targets right now because they have 4 more months to buy us 4,5 top players. Who the manager is, is not important because they never ask them for names. 

4 hours ago, zekinjo said:

303607C9-5B18-42DA-9B6C-CE431AF8CD6E.thumb.jpeg.0e27cb1bf66a8e29c760023e2ce6b3a4.jpegE6FDCCEA-259C-443E-B671-FF010A76E4ED.thumb.jpeg.fa5ed63c1733f3b320fe10a5ed13bf1a.jpegC17DDF9B-D800-4468-B69F-551CD1F36F56.thumb.jpeg.62c55e46e5ffb14a9718d52cc188fba4.jpeg9AF03963-EE92-4091-AA6D-2F93682BF4C3.thumb.jpeg.b70cd1a1ee43120e980e933e77203367.jpeg7427DBE6-CAAC-4AE9-9D13-AEE1AF67A070.thumb.jpeg.4a8b70461e1bddcf9d27c3691e17b8ec.jpegD9249970-90AC-48E9-BFAD-11DFA52BD182.thumb.jpeg.9cefc1bfc7e0776c531ceb666b5fe040.jpegCC3C2AFB-9882-4DC3-B2CA-9C94DCD3EABD.thumb.jpeg.f6f0af3c16b5e53b39db6a4e550c2317.jpegD529BB97-0966-4C84-A033-60FE60DF732E.thumb.jpeg.4e7e56dece36972eb9b88afa8c82ed7a.jpegB7460625-6480-4330-A1AF-76BCB4AFFB89.thumb.jpeg.6c69dd4f687e501614b6e25e216f1f48.jpeg05557D6B-F0F6-4898-B323-C6116A42459C.thumb.jpeg.2efe1c03df87eab4e2c2932846f750bb.jpeg30058173-5577-4985-8A47-005D08BFE215.thumb.jpeg.3a38f671288a19e60c8100aa44e46669.jpegFF9FD2B9-22DE-4882-B1F1-1DDEB120DAB8.thumb.jpeg.36807117b803d487d50c8c429c8573f2.jpeg75107A66-723E-40C3-B000-F5764F5C2CE3.thumb.jpeg.9762bf08ee126995fd6b4e2f3bea8a52.jpeg

Cheers for that mate. Found it intersting and knew nothing of all the ins and outs.

Its funny how affairs of the heart can get messy. Specially when us guys think with our little head rather than our big one.

Ive had mates in pretty similar situations (without the books and football of course) so whats happened here is as old as the hills. Nothing new. NORMALLY in my experience theres some conniving bitch behind it all and some guy blinded by love who thinks he will be 'the one' to make her happy and she would never hurt him. And he is normally the last to know and the one who gets hurt the most.

So all this BS about peeps taking sides is like being at school. These guys are not school kids. They are millionairs ffs. Keep your opinions to yourself and do yer job!

From what Ive seen Icardi seems to thrive on pressure. Probably totally wrong.

But it wouldn't put me off from us getting him Its not like we haven't had these marital issues before.

I wouldnt mind if he was actualy a great striker. But he simply isnt. Maybe slower league, but definately not PL. The fact he is regrded as one of best is due to weak competition these days. And who honestly takes goals in serie a seriously these days when you had 40 year old Toni bag 20+ in a season. This season its 36 year old Quagliarela with 17 already. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You