• Schurrle (sub)
    • Drogba (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even our players at the time say that they never felt he was really part of the team. Not directly, but I've heard Wise and Gus imply it on a couple of occasions in interviews with CTV.

Mark Hughes has always looked like the kind of person who keeps his distance away from others. Think he's a decent fella, just probably not a very warmth and/or approachable one.

Mark Hughes has always looked like the kind of person who keeps his distance away from others. Think he's a decent fella, just probably not a very warmth and/or approachable one.

His house would be the first I'd search if there were several murders in the neighborhood!

I sometimes think that Costa just looks angry but he actually controls himself very well. He provokes everyone and they get yellows lol

Completely agree here. I can count 20 instances where I thought he would go off based on what I had heard about him, but you're absolutely right, he seems in absolute control of his emotions. Knows exactly what he can and can't get away with. The few yellows he has gotten, you could argue were probably because of his reputation and not really yellows when you compare to what others get away with on a weekly basis.

Superb three points tonight! I had requested an early lead in this one in the pre-match thread, and at 2 minutes, there you are :D Thank you, JT!

Matic turned in a brilliant performance tonight, but I had to go with JT as MotM after his hard work on the back line and first PL goal in 12 months. JT is taken for granted at times, I think, and he is the rock in our defense, and is a terrific skipper. He is playing perhaps his best in 10 years. Great job JT!!

Fabregas, Hazard and Costa showed excellent effort tonight. Wish Diego could have slid one home.

Top of the league on Christmas day, on Christmas day, we are top of the league!! :getin: :getin:

Come you Chelsea!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

Oh, and I will add, Bardsley should have been sent off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mourinho effect on Mikel ?

well if you add up all of his CFC appearances, it totals 328 matches. If you want to say Jose then go ahead, but there is a reason why he hasn't been shipped off. Some people here will say no one is buying, but why is he playing if he is so terrible? I seen CFC fans say Scott Parker, Tiote, Huddlestone, etc... are better than him, but it comes down to the fact that Mourinho knows what he can get out of him & trusts him. Like it or not Mikel is a CFC player.

I'd like to mention Courtois.

Didn't do much aside from the crosses... but then... that long shot that got deflected and was going into the back of the net for sure... absolutely incredible. He made it look easy, but to me it was fantastic goalkeeping.

Matic was MoTM, but had that gone in and it would've been 1x1 and Stoke would've parked the bus making it a lot more difficult.

Very professional win. Stoke are incredibly dirty - they seem to be getting worse every season.

They are just playing up to their stereotype as the dirty cunts of English/European football. That's the only thing they have going for them anyway. You could see they were trying so hard to retain their prestigious crown and their fans are equally vile and horrible.

Went for Fabregas MOTM. 1 goal, 1 assist and could have easily had another assist with the pass for Costa. Oh, and I also thought he closed down the Stoke defence well when they had ball.

Matic and Mikel both had good matches, although the difference between them was obvious when going forward. Matic had a number of powerful runs and held the ball well whereas Mikel had a number of misplaced passes. Both good defensively though and it's nice to have someone dependable to step into that holding role.

I didn't think the Bardsley tackle was as bad as people are making out. He did go in strong but his studs weren't showing and his leading leg was on the ground (or at least very close to ground). It was definitely a yellow but not a red in my opinion.

#prayforhazard