Chelsea v West Brom

Jase

What I'm really grateful on this international break, is that Costa get the proper treatment and will be in better condition after that.

Funny thought, I'm sure we will win this game even if we have to play again tomorrow night.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fuckin hate international breaks. Since when there are so many?

The only good thing about this one is, Ramy, Cesc and Costa will have 2 weeks rest.

I call on everybody to do what I do; go on international strike. Don't buy tickets, don't watch on telly and don't buy merchandise. If we hit FIFA in the pocket they will soon see sense. As long as we let them get away with disrupting the season to put on a series of almost meaningless fixtures they will continue doing it and fleecing us for the privilege.

We should demand that FIFA allow the club season to flow and finish more quickly (without the breaks) which would leave room for an 'International Season' after the domestic one is over. Then we could all get into full flag waving mode and enjoy the international calendar instead of being frustrated by it.

West Brom are really really really shit. And their manager is so far out of his depth it's crazy. On paper our easiest match of the season IMO.

However, WBA always seems to give us a hard game (annoyingly), Berahino is on top form and it'll still be November >.<

Clearly you haven't watched any of our recent matches against West Brom...

While I don't think it will be easy, I don't fear this anywhere near as much as i did when Clarke or even Mel was in charge.

Irvine is a poor manager at Championship level let alone PL.

While I don't think it will be easy, I don't fear this anywhere near as much as i did when Clarke or even Mel was in charge.

Irvine is a poor manager at Championship level let alone PL.

That's harsh. Irvine is doing a decent job there right now and West Brom have been more than decent under him. They are pretty much still like the side under Clarke and Mel - solid/organized defensively, defend with a low block, capable of playing on the break, good going forward.

I call on everybody to do what I do; go on international strike. Don't buy tickets, don't watch on telly and don't buy merchandise. If we hit FIFA in the pocket they will soon see sense. As long as we let them get away with disrupting the season to put on a series of almost meaningless fixtures they will continue doing it and fleecing us for the privilege.

We should demand that FIFA allow the club season to flow and finish more quickly (without the breaks) which would leave room for an 'International Season' after the domestic one is over. Then we could all get into full flag waving mode and enjoy the international calendar instead of being frustrated by it.

That's just never gonna happen... and I think it's better this way...

That's harsh. Irvine is doing a decent job there right now and West Brom have been more than decent under him. They are pretty much still like the side under Clarke and Mel - solid/organized defensively, defend with a low block, capable of playing on the break, good going forward.

He tends to start ok but when his teams hit ruts he doesn't have a clue how to halt them, it cost him his job at both Preston and Sheffield Wednesday and WBA are still my tip to go down with Burnley and Palace (Palace for the same reason, the gaffer just isn't very good).

He tends to start ok but when his teams hit ruts he doesn't have a clue how to halt them, it cost him his job at both Preston and Sheffield Wednesday and WBA are still my tip to go down with Burnley and Palace (Palace for the same reason, the gaffer just isn't very good).

That might be true but again, it's still harsh to think Irvine would not have learned from his previous mistakes. West Brom didn't begin the season well but he managed to turn it around and get them into some decent form.

That's just never gonna happen... and I think it's better this way...

Yes, I think you are right that it won't happen. For one thing I don't suppose enough people feel as strongly as I do about this and for another Blatter is against it. He says that, on grounds of cash flow, smaller national associations need the regular income from regular international fixtures. He's in a position to know without doubt, but I just don't believe that a cash rich FIFA and their cash rich broadcast partners can't find a way to deal with the cash flow requirements of the affected FAs.

Meanwhile, I'd be interested to hear why you prefer things the way they are.

I know Newcastle are in good form, but it seems WBA not in a good form either, not mentioning they are playing at home and losing 0-2.

Plus we will play at the Bridge, I believe we could win without problem. Expecting 2-0.

Yes, I think you are right that it won't happen. For one thing I don't suppose enough people feel as strongly as I do about this and for another Blatter is against it. He says that, on grounds of cash flow, smaller national associations need the regular income from regular international fixtures. He's in a position to know without doubt, but I just don't believe that a cash rich FIFA and their cash rich broadcast partners can't find a way to deal with the cash flow requirements of the affected FAs.

Meanwhile, I'd be interested to hear why you prefer things the way they are.

because, a lot of people who don't follow any clubs like to watch their national team play from time to time, and if you give them too much, like you would in some ''international season'' they wouldn't have time and they would eventually lose interest in watching so many games.

Also, Euro cup, World cup would lose its imortance, and we know how much money FIFA gets in organizing of that event.