NK Maribor v Chelsea

Jase

Play the strongest team possible, kill the game off early and then rest the key players. Getting through is one thing but another thing we do not want is us finishing in second place and face Bayern Munich or Real Madrid in the last 16. Would like us to maintain or better, extend the gap on second-placed Schalke before we play them in Germany on matchday 5 because that's not going to be an easy match. We may have thrashed Maribor 6-0 in the previous game but one should also remember that they have taken points of Schalke and Sporting Lisbon, proving they do have quality to trouble opposing teams if they aren't careful.

Agree... And there is no better way to prepare for Liverpool than to play good football and find our A game. Resting players is good when they need rest I don't think we've reached that point yet.

I want a strong lineup, one that can kill the game early and build an understanding heading into the weekend.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cech

Ivanovic - Zouma - Cahill - Filipe

Ake - Matic

Schürrle - Ramires - Salah

Drogba

I'd like to see something like this tmr, it would be good enough for win.

Cech

Ivanovic - Zouma - Cahill - Filipe

Ake - Matic

Schürrle - Ramires - Salah

Drogba

I'd like to see something like this tmr, it would be good enough for win.

Ramires playing in the no.10? That is a first :D But in all seriousness we have to be serious here. There is no way Mourinho is going to leave out all three of Hazard, Fabregas and Costa. If any of three will be dropped it will be Drogba. The only way Mourinho would play this sort of team would be if the group is sealed which is not. We can't turn up complacent. I expect to see Fabregas and Hazard playing. I say finish the game early then make changes, That is the best approach,

Liverpool resting all their best players, we need to rest a couple as well.

Only Sterling is being rested - the others are interchangeable. Hope you are not referring to Gerrard.... even though to be fair, he prob did not ask to play as the sole holding mid.

Though I can't imagine why we wouldn't rest some players tomorrow. The club know which players are in need of a rest of course - there are routine tests that determine that.

Ramires playing in the no.10? That is a first :D But in all seriousness we have to be serious here. There is no way Mourinho is going to leave out all three of Hazard, Fabregas and Costa. If any of three will be dropped it will be Drogba. The only way Mourinho would play this sort of team would be if the group is sealed which is not. We can't turn up complacent. I expect to see Fabregas and Hazard playing. I say finish the game early then make changes, That is the best approach,

Not necessarily, he could play as a CM behind Shurrle and Salah, but I said just that I'd like to see that... I know for sure that's not going to be starting 11.

Hazard will play, probably Oscar and Cesc too, which means there's no room for Ake, Salah and Ramires.

But, in my opinion Shurrle and Salah should get more minutes, cos they're both very good players.