Florent Malouda

James

I strongly disagree about his abilities now.

My opinion is, he's a liability in our squad. He doesn't work as hard any more, he's lazy, he doesn't pass and he tries to shoot from areas where he knows he can't. I thank him for 2 very good season, but I'm afraid he's not the left-winger we've been seeking anymore.

He was a horrible choice to replace Robben/Duff and now, with Mata proving effective in the hole, it's time to find a new left-winger. No Perreira, but someone younger.

What can you reproach him of during the game versus Leverkusen ? He had a great activity as defensively as offensively, did remind by moments the left flank that crashed Marseille in CL. Tonight against Foolham he is very good.

It's only a matter of rythm, he is 31 and like Lampard, Drogba or maybe Cole ; can have struggles to cope with the physical preparation. He is increasing

For me his play has changed but not his contribution in the play.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I strongly disagree about his abilities now.

My opinion is, he's a liability in our squad. He doesn't work as hard any more, he's lazy, he doesn't pass and he tries to shoot from areas where he knows he can't. I thank him for 2 very good season, but I'm afraid he's not the left-winger we've been seeking anymore.

He was a horrible choice to replace Robben/Duff and now, with Mata proving effective in the hole, it's time to find a new left-winger. No Perreira, but someone younger.

Brilliant post!.

What can you reproach him of during the game versus Leverkusen ? He had a great activity as defensively as offensively, did remind by moments the left flank that crashed Marseille in CL. Tonight against Foolham he is very good.

It's only a matter of rythm, he is 31 and like Lampard, Drogba or maybe Cole ; can have struggles to cope with the physical preparation. He is increasing

For me his play has changed but not his contribution in the play.

It's not about Malouda's age.

It's about his worth ethic - or lack of. He's never been one to give it his all, only when the overall team is doing well. Just look at his performance when Torres arrived! No passing, no gameplay, just trying to shoot outside the box - When he knows he's incapable.

I'll give him this much.. He's been a bit more, conserved in midfield. Perhaps because there's no expectation of him to run down the wing.

As I said though, with Mata proving effective in the hole, behind the striker(s).. The need for a more effective left-winger will be greater.

In the midfield he has often very decent games.

But about his work ethic I did always notice a clear difference between what we can see in his play, his volume of play, his quality in the last pass, shooting ability (it's not new, he has always had a great shooting ability)... and the critics that were made of him at Chelsea or at Lyon. A TV journalist used to call him Florent Maladroit (=clumsy), did bash him for the habit he had to play backward to Abidal, or the "apparent constatation" that he sorted his games etc. It's not new that he has a surprising important part of people who bash him whereas he is not necessarly a player who makes all to be hated

I'm not saying that all the criticisms are not justified, but I'm surprised by the violence of that critics, fairly often ignoring the fact that his stamina is a kind of guarantee for a manager who can be tempted to play him every games (especially when this manager is Ancelotti) whereas although he has the intelligence to adapt his game to a situation where he has to play very often ; he has physical limits like every ofther player and logically it is felt on the long term...

Against Fulham, he orchestrated the offensive animation in the same time as he helped his left back. And when he plays on the wing he is available and although he likes to shoot very often, he keeps that quality in the last pass like he did show last season.

Some critics are based but not all that all the whole Malouda bashing would make us believe...

In the midfield he has often very decent games.

But about his work ethic I did always notice a clear difference between what we can see in his play, his volume of play, his quality in the last pass, shooting ability (it's not new, he has always had a great shooting ability)... and the critics that were made of him at Chelsea or at Lyon. A TV journalist used to call him Florent Maladroit (=clumsy), did bash him for the habit he had to play backward to Abidal, or the "apparent constatation" that he sorted his games etc. It's not new that he has a surprising important part of people who bash him whereas he is not necessarly a player who makes all to be hated

I'm not saying that all the criticisms are not justified, but I'm surprised by the violence of that critics, fairly often ignoring the fact that his stamina is a kind of guarantee for a manager who can be tempted to play him every games (especially when this manager is Ancelotti) whereas although he has the intelligence to adapt his game to a situation where he has to play very often ; he has physical limits like every ofther player and logically it is felt on the long term...

Against Fulham, he orchestrated the offensive animation in the same time as he helped his left back. And when he plays on the wing he is available and although he likes to shoot very often, he keeps that quality in the last pass like he did show last season.

Some critics are based but not all that all the whole Malouda bashing would make us believe...

Fair do's to your opinion.

I just think he's not the player that we think he is. He was brilliant in 09/10 and at the beginning for 10/11. Prior to 2009 he was too inconsistent and showed hardly any promise. He went on to prove us wrong, but within a year he went and did it again (show us the pre-2009 form).

I think the bashing criticism on this forum is justified. He is, perhaps, good experience to have on the bench, but he's not the pure-winger we need.

Last season he was usefull in another register than the pure winger's one, I do share your opinion on his role, he is not a winger anymore.

But I don't agree about the fact that he was inconsistent, Grant did nerver trust in him and used to drop him from the group. For me he has still quality to bring to the team and not only in experience, in the midfield he performs well so it's not a problem if he lasts one or maybe 2 years more

• 3 months later...

Ancelotti set to be announced as new PSG boss

Ancelotti is already reported to be lining up a move for Chelsea midfielder Florent Malouda, who has admitted he is unhappy at his lack of first-team action at Stamford Bridge.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/1413/85/ancelotti-set-be-announced-new-psg-boss?

• 2 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You