• Roberto Mancini
    • Phil Scolari
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Other

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt trust Scolari, seems to me he's just keeping us hanging anyway - similar situation to England - and look who they ended up with once Scolari messed them about then backed out.

I've a feeling the deals done though -but everyone has to be tightlipped till the Euros are done.

Chelseas staement couple of weeks ago ''We're extremelyhappy with the way our search is progressing'' implies they've got their man ? Also Corals wouldnt take my bet on him yesterday (that could be just because they think I'm a cunt though)

PS Why the total silence over the Special Needs One ? How come all the top teams, Real, ManUtd, Bayern, AC etc haven't been headhunting Grant ? :)

With Kenyon now on holiday it does all tend to point at the fact that the new manager has been decided on, but again the total silence and secrecy surrounding this makes it so uncertain to know what could be actually happening. Is it done? Are we still interviewing? - who knows.

If it is Filthy Phil , the silence would be expected, so as not to disrupt his Euro players.

Absolutely, but the press would have us believe that the club have taken a step back after being snubbed by Ancelotti and are carefully considering our options....

I think it is more likely that it will be Scolari now than anyone else.

Absolutely, but the press would have us believe that the club have taken a step back after being snubbed by Ancelotti and are carefully considering our options....

I think it is more likely that it will be Scolari now than anyone else.

Glad you agree. :) Corals wouldnt accept my bet on him yesterday.

The press will stick the knife in to CFC any chance they get -from making the club look stupid, greedy , or even ''foolish'' to offload 'sack 'o shit' Grant....

Glad you agree. :) Corals wouldnt accept my bet on him yesterday.

The press will stick the knife in to CFC any chance they get -from making the club look stupid, greedy , or even ''foolish'' to offload 'sack 'o shit' Grant....

Are you sure it isn't because they have cut you off due to addiction??? :D

The press are having a field day with this, the silence from CFC helps it massively. I am sure they don't care though, especially if they have got their man already.

I am not convinced Scolari is the best man for the job for a few different reasons, but he is a very very good manager and will no doubt have us playing some good football.

Lol, could be -just said they werent taking any more cash on Scolari.

He might ensure Carvalhos future -and the Boswinga thing points to him having an input.

Fucking hope its not Hiddink -he looked as if he was in a Prozac coma last night

Lol, could be -just said they werent taking any more cash on Scolari.

He might ensure Carvalhos future -and the Boswinga thing points to him having an input.

Fucking hope its not Hiddink -he looked as if he was in a Prozac coma last night

Well it would certainly be interesting if Scolari did have an input in the Bosingwa deal, considering how long ago now it was we signed him.... could we have it dealt with THAT long ago?

Of course it is possible considering Scolari is involved with the Euros, he and us would want it kept quiet until after! Also roumer circulating that Zico, having just left his club is going to be Scolari's number 2!

Never really fancied Hiddink.....

• 2 years later...

Sorry to bring this old thread back but do you remember this? The last time we were looking for a manager. Mark Hughes 17 votes, Guus Hiddink 1 vote. How times change aye?

Actually it was 2008, after Grant was sacked. Before Scolari and Ancellotti.

Edited by OllieCFC

Sorry to bring this old thread back but do you remember this? The last time we were looking for a manager. Mark Hughes 17 votes, Guus Hiddink 1 vote. How times change aye?

Actually it was 2008, after Grant was sacked. Before Scolari and Ancellotti

It would be funny if we got Hughes now when Hidink is the favorite :blink:

Hiddink 2 votes now lol someones being sneaky :P

But it is good looking at old threads sometimes, especially now as we're back in the same boat and how people change their minds. Had to look for this thread.

Had to look for this thread.

LMAO I was gonna say, must've taken a while?!

But wow, just goes to show! Haha. To be fair, no-one knew of Hiddink here prior, this was post-Grant. Hiddink came post-Scolari so it explains why more vouch for him now.

I just put "Hughes" in the search because i knew this was one of the only threads with that word in it lol. Found it easy. Yeah Alex u kinda got your wish but a year and 2 manages later :P