• Guus Hiddink
    • Didier Dechamps
    • Mark Hughes
    • Marcello Lippi
    • Roberto Mancini
    • Phil Scolari
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Other

Sorry to bring this old thread back but do you remember this? The last time we were looking for a manager. Mark Hughes 17 votes, Guus Hiddink 1 vote. How times change aye?

Actually it was 2008, after Grant was sacked. Before Scolari and Ancellotti.

Edited by OllieCFC

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to bring this old thread back but do you remember this? The last time we were looking for a manager. Mark Hughes 17 votes, Guus Hiddink 1 vote. How times change aye?

Actually it was 2008, after Grant was sacked. Before Scolari and Ancellotti

It would be funny if we got Hughes now when Hidink is the favorite :blink:

Hiddink 2 votes now lol someones being sneaky :P

But it is good looking at old threads sometimes, especially now as we're back in the same boat and how people change their minds. Had to look for this thread.

Had to look for this thread.

LMAO I was gonna say, must've taken a while?!

But wow, just goes to show! Haha. To be fair, no-one knew of Hiddink here prior, this was post-Grant. Hiddink came post-Scolari so it explains why more vouch for him now.

I just put "Hughes" in the search because i knew this was one of the only threads with that word in it lol. Found it easy. Yeah Alex u kinda got your wish but a year and 2 manages later :P

I thought he did well at City and was sacked unfairly, he's a better manager than Mancini imo. I don't mind if he comes but he wont come. This just sparked because he's available and we don't have a manager. Not sure why he left Fulham tho well apart from they are a shit little family club with no expectation and no ambition who will go precisely nowhere in the next 10 years plus, that might have something to do with it. Villa have ambition and a good tradition. He'll go to Villa i'm sure.

Mark Hughes is a good manager but we need a world class manager that can take Chelsea forwards. I'll accept Hughes tho as he has ex Chelsea staff with him, he's ex Chelsea and a very passionate man.

Edited by OllieCFC

Villa dont want him.

That's what they say now.

They know if they admit to wanting him, Fulham can claim compensation because they can argue he was tapped up, so to speak. Don't be surprised if he is the new Villa manager.