• Roberto Mancini
    • Phil Scolari
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Other

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are getting to that stage! Won't be long now until we decide to bring Grant back....

I suppose in fairness, just because the club aren't going public, it doesnt mean that things arent going on behind the scenes, that we and the press have no idea about.

All our information about candidates has come from...er...the wonderful world of journalism, and we know how reliable they are...

This has got to be the worst ever attempt at gettting a manager in the history of football :rolleyes:

I laughed when I read that Roman chucked a wobbly after Ancelotti turned us down. I know its been said quite a bit already, but they should have had Hughes in the bag. He could have been running round SW6 naked painted blue with a sandwich board saying "GIVE ME THE JOB" and they still would have overlooked him.

In all seriousness, I'm getting pretty pissed off. We'll end up with some second rate manager and the club will come out and say "he was our number one target and we are glad we got him"......BULLSHIT.

Fucking sort it out.......shower of useless bastards

I suppose in fairness, just because the club aren't going public, it doesnt mean that things arent going on behind the scenes, that we and the press have no idea about.

All our information about candidates has come from...er...the wonderful world of journalism, and we know how reliable they are...

Well the club themselves have said that they have no agreement with any manager or any club/federation. If it is someone not tied to a club as that statement can imply then why have we not announced it? If we are still looking at candidates, why is it taking so long?

The sacking of Ten Cate would suggest that the club has spoken to potential manager(s) and that he was not someone they wanted to keep. So again, why the delay?

There are a lot of things that are not adding up in this chase for a manager and a lot of things that are making us look rather silly.

I have a feeling something is happening and no1 will expect it when its revealed. Could even go as far as saying it wont be anyone on the list. Chelsea havent actually said anything about the new manager, only apparent targets have spoke out. We could go and get Zola for all we know. I just see something happening way beyond the expected. Its how we do things.

Well the club themselves have said that they have no agreement with any manager or any club/federation. If it is someone not tied to a club as that statement can imply then why have we not announced it? If we are still looking at candidates, why is it taking so long?

The sacking of Ten Cate would suggest that the club has spoken to potential manager(s) and that he was not someone they wanted to keep. So again, why the delay?

There are a lot of things that are not adding up in this chase for a manager and a lot of things that are making us look rather silly.

It could be fairly simple, and the press who are hyping 'candidates' make the club look 'silly'.

Theres a strong case for, which I think is probably true, that some of the players despised Grant and Tea Crate, and that there was a scenario of ''either they go or we go'', or at the very least players mooted noises about fucking off if Grant and the fat Tea boy were still around.

Given that scenario, the board would have taken the best option to sack the dynamic duo, which would explain why Clarke is still employed.

It could be fairly simple, and the press who are hyping 'candidates' make the club look 'silly'.

Theres a strong case for, which I think is probably true, that some of the players despised Grant and Tea Crate, and that there was a scenario of ''either they go or we go'', or at the very least players mooted noises about fucking off if Grant and the fat Tea boy were still around.

Given that scenario, the board would have taken the best option to sack the dynamic duo, which would explain why Clarke is still employed.

Well i am hoping at the moment that it is Rijkaard and that we have not announed it yet so that he can have some time off before getting involved again. Rijkaard is the one talked about the least at the moment, but always stayed near the favorites..

No approaches, no interviews.... seems very strange unless it has already been done.

Well i am hoping at the moment that it is Rijkaard and that we have not announed it yet so that he can have some time off before getting involved again. Rijkaard is the one talked about the least at the moment, but always stayed near the favorites..

No approaches, no interviews.... seems very strange unless it has already been done.

Its odd when Mourinho left the 'salmon featured one' was unveiled pretty sharpish -which makes you think Mourinho was stitched up. I'd like to think the board know what they're doing, but they seem like clowns the longer this goes on.

Either Abramoich is hanging on for Scolari or Riijkaard or Scalletti is the man ...or they're just picking at random and they'll announce that ''Mick McCarthy is taking us to the next level'' .

I cannot beleive ManUtd or any other top club would appear so hapless. Even if they do know what they're doing, the so called PR Supremo Kenyon, has the PR capability of a clown on acid. Hes making the club look desperate and clueless by allowing all this media speculation that is going nowhere.

Either shit or get off the pot

The main problem for me is that we have not interviewed or approached anyone yet! If we were seriously interviewing candidates then fine, but we seem to be doing absolutely nothing other than seeing managers move to other clubs or hitting closed doors with ones we do seem to want!

I swear I had to rub my eyes and recheck the statement on skysports saying "Chelsea turn to Spalletti"...I mean WTF. With every passing moment we are going a step backwards. WTF has Spalleti done with Roma.? OK...he has got average sides with limited budget to reach within the top 5 in the leagueEg: Udinese and Roma. So have Martin Oneil, Hughes, Laudrup, Deschamps whohave done excellent work with average sides.

Plus with Spalletti, I remeber the 7-1 drubbing that Man Utd handed out to his team, this when all they had to do was seek a draw at Old Trafford.

Why the fuck arent we going for Zico.? He is with Fenerbache and he did an excellent work there.

Does anyone else agree that Zico would be fantastic for our team.?

I swear I had to rub my eyes and recheck the statement on skysports saying "Chelsea turn to Spalletti"...I mean WTF. With every passing moment we are going a step backwards. WTF has Spalleti done with Roma.? OK...he has got average sides with limited budget to reach within the top 5 in the leagueEg: Udinese and Roma. So have Martin Oneil, Hughes, Laudrup, Deschamps whohave done excellent work with average sides.

Plus with Spalletti, I remeber the 7-1 drubbing that Man Utd handed out to his team, this when all they had to do was seek a draw at Old Trafford.

Why the fuck arent we going for Zico.? He is with Fenerbache and he did an excellent work there.

Does anyone else agree that Zico would be fantastic for our team.?

You don't want Spalletti but you do want Zico? Spalletti has taken Roma who are in a lot of debt to runners up of the league and picked up a few cups and had some good runs in the CL. He is also liked because he encourages attacking football..... to say he is not good enough on the back of 1 result against united is extremely harsh.

Mark Hughes now Man City manager, Another one out of the running. Just hurry up and sign Mancini.

Something about Mancini that i just don't fancy!

Rijkaard

Spalletti

Scolari

Mancini

Seems to be down to these 4 now! With Deschamps and Hiddink with outside chances.

You don't want Spalletti but you do want Zico? Spalletti has taken Roma who are in a lot of debt to runners up of the league and picked up a few cups and had some good runs in the CL. He is also liked because he encourages attacking football..... to say he is not good enough on the back of 1 result against united is extremely harsh.

Yes, true...but you gotta compare the team of Roma with the likes of Fenerbache, Aston Villa, Getafe.

Also, Zico took an average Japanese side to the Quarter Finals of the World Cup and an average Fenerbache side to the Quarter Finals of the UCL.

I feel its just a toss of coin between the managers like Spalletti, Martin O Neill, Hughes, Laudrup, Deschamp and if you may add Zico. These managers have the "potential" to be great managers if they are given proper resources. And, as far as I am concerned its like taking a Gamble.

Why mention Martin O'Neil? You will get everyone worried!!!!

The longer it goes on the more likely it is that we are getting Scolari or even Hiddink, because those are the only ones we will have to wait for because of the Euros.

Why mention Martin O'Neil? You will get everyone worried!!!!

The longer it goes on the more likely it is that we are getting Scolari or even Hiddink, because those are the only ones we will have to wait for because of the Euros.

And by the time Euros is over, we will see most of the top performers in Europe already snatched by othe big clubs.

Gutted we let Hughes go to City but the more I look at what Spalletti's done, the more potential I think he's got.

Yup, Spalletti is an interesting choice thats for sure. Rijkaard or Spalletti over Scolari or Mancini..................

f**k knows what is really going on though, we will probably end up doing something really silly!!