Petr Cech

eldo

It was a very hard ball to deal with because it was moving quit a lot and at a very high pace. I'd expect Petr to save it, but I forgive him for not.

Meh, I'd consider myself to be a good goalkeeper. I wouldn't have saved that shot, so I can't really slag off Big Pete because he didn't either. If anyone says "he should be expecting Aguero's shot"... well, they should just ask for me to delete their accounts now because they clearly don't know the first thing about keeping goal.

For every blunder Cech makes, he makes a dozen wonderful saves. Not concerned at all. Been beaten twice at his near-post by two rocket-shots from Benteke and Aguero. I'd be concerned if he was performing as bad as Joe Hart, but he isn't.

Spot on. And there seems to be a wrongful perception that if a keeper concedes at his near post, he's immediately at fault for the goal.. :doh: Also depends on the circumstances in which it happened like you alluded to there.

All this blaming hart, if that guy has just left it hart would have got it, it not all Joes fault but he isn't flavour of the month for whatever reason. Degea is a joke of keeper but no one seems to say anything.

Ah well our Cech was great :)

Meh, I'd consider myself to be a good goalkeeper. I wouldn't have saved that shot, so I can't really slag off Big Pete because he didn't either. If anyone says "he should be expecting Aguero's shot"... well, they should just ask for me to delete their accounts now because they clearly don't know the first thing about keeping goal.

I agree, but Petr usually comes up with some insane save at critical moments in the game like that which is why I would expect him to save that. He came up with an insane save later though at 1-1 when he save Silva's shot that was heading for the bottom corner with his foot. That was sublime.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, but Petr usually comes up with some insane save at critical moments in the game like that which is why I would expect him to save that. He came up with an insane save later though at 1-1 when he save Silva's shot that was heading for the bottom corner with his foot. That was sublime.

As valuable as a goal... Legendary goalkeeping.

Exactly! And that is why people are so ignorant when they come up with those cliche quotes of "he should have at least tried to save it, bla bla bla"...

Petr Cech is one of the best Goalkeepers in the world, but that doesnt mean he is perfect nor that he will save every single shot. People should thank first and criticize second!

BluesMaster do I still need all that proof that Cech is not the best keeper in the league, or that he has gone downhill?

Once again he fucks the result up, look at his stupid attempt against Man City how he couldn't save a shot from that angle. His reactions aren't what they used to be at all, he lacks those instincts.

He may not be making Jose Reina mistakes sure, but what he has been doing is showing lack of quality many times.

On the mistake, I mean seriously WHAT THE F*CK WAS CECH DOING?!! :banghead:

BluesMaster do I still need all that proof that Cech is not the best keeper in the league, or that he has gone downhill?

:lol: That's just rather laughable. I asked you for the examples back then and you couldn't give it on the spot and instead going around the bush without backing up your claim. And now when he makes a mistake, you come back with that. What a joke!

On the mistake, I mean seriously WHAT THE F*CK WAS CECH DOING?!! :banghead:

:lol: That's just rather laughable. I asked you for the examples back then and you couldn't give it on the spot and instead going around the bush without backing up your claim. And now when he makes a mistake, you come back with that. What a joke!

I already said examples, but you couldn't be bothered going through the back page. I don't respect you enough to go out and look for examples, If I asked you to prove a point would you seriously go out your way and look for it? I don't have that time on my hands, and if I did I wouldn't anyway, because all you would do to me is what I have done to you and use the silly emotions that you always use, since you think you're so much better than everyone, fa sho.

Just keep watching is alls I say, Cech has gone down in quality I expect him to let a lot more silly goals in during the season.