Petr Cech

eldo

Now after my head cooling down. Who will be Cech replacement? It seems they won't want to let go Walcott or Ox. How about swap plus cash for Szczesny or Ospina?

My bet Szczesny is a possibility as Ospina will definitely want to leave also but to a club where he will be no 1 choice. Not the best looking guy out there, but actually Szczesny will be a decent backup and he is also still 25 years old. Wrap him up for 5 years. We can also mock Arsenal when we win some cups next season.

I doubt Szczesny will move from one club as back up to another club to be back up. Furthermore it is in our hands to play hardball with them.

I doubt Szczesny will move from one club as back up to another club to be back up. Furthermore it is in our hands to play hardball with them.

Well actually there is some chance he will be staying, even with Cech coming, if we're not interested in him. My point is we should showing our interest too if we want him. Maybe he will be more interested to sign for us as a backup rather than staying at Arsenal. It will set our 1st and 2nd GK for many, many years.

Well actually there is some chance he will be staying, even with Cech coming, if we're not interested in him. My point is we should showing our interest too if we want him. Maybe he will be more interested to sign for us as a backup rather than staying at Arsenal. It will set our 1st and 2nd GK for many, many years.

Highly doubt it. If Arsenal make their interest in Cech firm with a formal bid, Szczesny will rather move to a mid-table club than us. Especially with the Euros coming next year and Poland look on course, he will definitely just want to play. So even if we did ask for him, I doubt Szczesny will be willing to make the move on that behalf. Would not even be surprised to see him at Southampton for cover for Forster whilst he is out injured.

Highly doubt it. If Arsenal make their interest in Cech firm with a formal bid, Szczesny will rather move to a mid-table club than us. Especially with the Euros coming next year and Poland look on course, he will definitely just want to play. So even if we did ask for him, I doubt Szczesny will be willing to make the move on that behalf. Would not even be surprised to see him at Southampton for cover for Forster whilst he is out injured.

Hopefully then. Szczesny and Ospina would leave, if Cech coming. It would be nice to see Arsenal ended up with only Cech and no decent backup.

Rumours say we are looking for a HG on the deal.

Chamberlain, Wilshere or Welckeck ( if Remy leaves as reported ) looks fine to me, we would strenghten them in a really crucial area, but weaken them on numbers and have a bonus Premier League level confirmed HG.

Goalkeeper Petr Cech will meet with Chelsea officials today to discuss his desire to leave the club.

Cech would like to join Arsenal, but the Premier League champions are reluctant to let him move there unless they receive a home-grown player as part of the deal.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/9885218/petr-cech-interested-in-arsenal-move-ahead-of-chelsea-talks

Everyone needs to remember that Szczesny counts as home-grown. He came through the Arsenal academy so he wouldn't be a bad signing as a backup.

Tbh if Petr chooses Arsenal i'll be gutted. But i'd take any one of Walcott, The Ox or Szczesny in a swap deal, that really wouldn't be the worst thing ever.

Everyone needs to remember that Szczesny counts as home-grown. He came through the Arsenal academy so he wouldn't be a bad signing as a backup.

Tbh if Petr chooses Arsenal i'll be gutted. But i'd take any one of Walcott, The Ox or Szczesny in a swap deal, that really wouldn't be the worst thing ever.

Szczesny is an Arsenal fan aswell as player, apart from Spurs were be the last team he joins.

I wouldn't take Szczesny, we could easily have a good backup GK, and the idea behind taking a HG player from arsenal is minimizing the fact the we strenghten them with Cech, by taking one of their important players, like for example Walcott, Ox or Wilshere ( some are less likely than other for sure ).

Plus, I don't think Szczesny would accept, if he leaves Arsenal, it would definitely be to gain playing time, not the bench.

Chelsea goalkeeping coach Lollichon to RMC : "Cech knows Ligue 1 well. But I think he's very happy in England." (via @GFN_France) #CFC #AFC

Lollichon: "We [at #CFC] started to prepare for next season in December. Because we knew that the situation [Cech as back-up] cannot last."

Lollichon: "It's great for #CFC [to have 2 keepers of such quality], but it cannot last. For a boy like Cech, on the bench, it's hard."

Lollichon: "Cech's family like England. And a player is happy when his family is happy. He wants to stay in England" #CFC

Lollichon: "But I don't know the discussions. Premier League is Cech's primary objective. But it will also depends on the conditions" #CFC

Lollichon: "The advantage is Arsenal is a top club, with a philosophy that pleases Cech & that is in London. It is a base for consideration"

Chelsea goalkeeping coach Lollichon to RMC: "Tottenham? I do not think they have the same ambitions that Arsenal." #CFC #AFC #THFC

Chelsea goalkeeping coach Lollichon to RMC: "Petr wants to break a record of the clean sheets in the Premier League." #CFC #AFC (Mail)

Chelsea goalkeeping coach Lollichon to RMC: "I think that Manchester United like Lloris." #CFC #MUFC #THFC (Mail)

Does Lollichon leave with Cech this summer or stay with Courtois? That'll be an interesting sub-plot to the whole Cech move.

Arsenal have their coaches, can't see them rocking the boat, we all know Wenger is a stubborn man and wouldn't agree to that even if Cech kicks his heels in.

Although if he does go we have a ready made replacement in Silvino Louro so while it will be a blow it won't be the end of the world.

Arsenal have their coaches, can't see them rocking the boat, we all know Wenger is a stubborn man and wouldn't agree to that even if Cech kicks his heels in.

Although if he does go we have a ready made replacement in Silvino Louro so while it will be a blow it won't be the end of the world.

Silvino won't go back into goalkeeping coaching I doubt. He's one of Joses assistants. Basically replaced Baltemor Britos role when he left Jose.

Be interesting to see if Mark Beeney, Mitchell's Dad, would step up from the youths coach.