Sporting Lisbon v Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's been very good this season and his vision has improved. He's also starting to show more flair and skill on the ball.

But he still makes some crappy passes every now and then. It's odd since they're usually easy passes the ones he misplaces. But definitely a significant improvement. It has to be said that he usually steps up in UCL matches though, it's not that surprising.

I missed the first 25-30 mins of this game because I was in class. How was our performance during that time period? I see from the stats that we had 58 percent possession which is a welcome development away from home in Europe. But were we controlling the game, creating clear chances and dictating the tempo?

I missed the first 25-30 mins of this game because I was in class. How was our performance during that time period? I see from the stats that we had 58 percent possession which is a welcome development away from home in Europe. But were we controlling the game, creating clear chances and dictating the tempo?

we played very, very, very well, with our attackers linking up greatly. Oscar has been amazing as well as Hazard. But we were too wasteful and Costa and Schurrle missed sitters before Matic scored with a beautiful header.

We were absolutely controlling the game and had a few chances. Diego missed an 1v1 in the 3rd minute.

The positive with Schurrle is he's getting on the end of chances. he makes the right runs and never hides or shy away.

Not exactly true. One example of an incorrect run: his header (on goal) from the Hazard cross from the right was actually meant for Oscar. You could see Oscar asking for the ball, and Hazard's delivery went straight towards him. Oscar was by himself on the edge of the box, so probably had time to control the ball and place a shot and that would've been more dangerous than Schurlle's header.

His other runs were good, but so far he's lacking the end product. It is true that he doesn't hide or shy away though.

I don't dislike Schurlle, not at all, but he had a terrible first 45 minutes.

We could have scored 4 goals already easily. Costa missed a 1v1 chance, Schurrle missed another great chance... etc. The old wasteful Chelsea, but we were in control and creating plenty of chances.

Yeah we played really well in a calm way and built our attacks from the back. Oscar sent Costa through, but Rui Patricio denied him. Fabregas and Matic controlled the midfield.

We could have scored 4 goals already easily. Costa missed a 1v1 chance, Schurrle missed another great chance... etc. The old wasteful Chelsea, but we were in control and creating plenty of chances.

Luckily Sporting are playing a suicidally high offside trap which is pretty easy to penetrate. We'll create another half dozen good chances and I expect us to take another couple, tbh. This game is there for the taking, for a quite comfortable win, if we compose ourselves.