Man City v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't mind the same starting 11 bar Drogba as the Schalke match. Luis really impressed me and looked better and more secure than Azpi up back. Was also more influential going forward IMO.

People overreacted far too much to the Schalke game, considering we lost so much with Drogba out there, seeing as he is not at his best. People need to come down on the reactions after one game, particularly in one which we dominated, created 4 open net chances that happened to go wide, and had a striker that is injured and clearly our 3rd option out there. Drogba took away a lot of our movement that we are used to with Costa out there. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed but we played more long balls against Schalke than we have in all 4 other games combined this season, and yet we were still far better than them.

Add to that, Schalke is not some average team, they are a good one. At the level of an Everton here in the EPL, and it's not like we would make headlines for drawing with them, like some are harping on about here with the draw. Not to mention, with not our strongest side... Does anyone actually think we lose that game with Remy or Costa starting? Exactly...

I feel we come out of this match with less possession, but our team being far more clincal and useful in possession than Man City. Much like last season, although now we have better finishers and creators, and I also think we'll see more of the ball than last seasons fixtures, especially with Yaya going through a rough patch with them at the moment and not looking his best. I'm really confident we win, even if we go down. Even in the Schalke match, in the 90th minute, I thought for sure we would score. Been a long time since I've felt that way about this team. This team oozes confidence on the pitch, and it translates to us fans. We can feel it too.

I wouldn't mind the same starting 11 bar Drogba as the Schalke match. Luis really impressed me and looked better and more secure than Azpi up back. Was also more influential going forward IMO.

People overreacted far too much to the Schalke game, considering we lost so much with Drogba out there, seeing as he is not at his best. People need to come down on the reactions after one game, particularly in one which we dominated, created 4 open net chances that happened to go wide, and had a striker that is injured and clearly our 3rd option out there. Drogba took away a lot of our movement that we are used to with Costa out there. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed but we played more long balls against Schalke than we have in all 4 other games combined this season, and yet we were still far better than them.

Add to that, Schalke is not some average team, they are a good one. At the level of an Everton here in the EPL, and it's not like we would make headlines for drawing with them, like some are harping on about here with the draw. Not to mention, with not our strongest side... Does anyone actually think we lose that game with Remy or Costa starting? Exactly...

I feel we come out of this match with less possession, but our team being far more clincal and useful in possession than Man City. Much like last season, although now we have better finishers and creators, and I also think we'll see more of the ball than last seasons fixtures, especially with Yaya going through a rough patch with them at the moment and not looking his best. I'm really confident we win, even if we go down. Even in the Schalke match, in the 90th minute, I thought for sure we would score. Been a long time since I've felt that way about this team. This team oozes confidence on the pitch, and it translates to us fans. We can feel it too.

I agree but I would get rid of Willian and play Schürrle instead.

Courtois - Iva, Terry, Cahill, Filipe - Rami, Matic, Fabre - Hazard, Costa, Schürrle

This is a game for Mikel.

courtois

bane cahill terry Dave

Mikel Matic

Ramires Fab Hazard

Diego Motherfucking Costa

Expect Mikel and matic to the dirty work in midfield, Ramires to cover every blade of grass and fab and hazard to run riot. Also expect ramires to cover for ivanovic just like last year at Etihad

This is a game for Mikel.

courtois

bane cahill terry Dave

Mikel Matic

Ramires Fab Hazard

Diego Motherfucking Costa

Expect Mikel and matic to the dirty work in midfield, Ramires to cover every blade of grass and fab and hazard to run riot. Also expect ramires to cover for ivanovic just like last year at Etihad

I just watched the fa cup loss to mancity and Mikel was at fault for both goals by losing track of silva . I know Jose said we wont miss Luiz the defender but we miss luiz the midfielder... My team would be

t-bo

bane cahill terry dave

Matic

Ramires Fabregas

Ocsar costa Hazard..

I just watched the fa cup loss to mancity and Mikel was at fault for both goals by losing track of silva . I know Jose said we wont miss Luiz the defender but we miss luiz the midfielder... My team would be

t-bo

bane cahill terry dave

Matic

Ramires Fabregas

Ocsar costa Hazard..

I don't think Oscar should be anywhere near a starter for this game.

Replace Oscar with Willian and we're golden

edit - I want to win this, ofc I do, but I'm taking it more as a measure as to how far we've come in terms of footballing brains, tactics and our change in direction since last season. If we lose and its not by much or we played very very well then I'd be happy with that.

Keen to see how we fair playing the way we do this season, just without conceding a ton and getting a tonking :rolleyes:

I just don't want a situation were we're struggling to keep possession of the ball with Man City dictating the tempo and controlling possession with Thibaut thumping pointless balls to nobody in particular. We can't afford to let them control the possession like Everton did, especially with how open we look when the opposition attacks us. At one point in the Everton match, they had 75 % of the ball. That can't happen against City. Aguero, Silva and co will crush us. If we can keep ball possession stats respectable and be patient in our attacking build-up, we have serious chances of getting a draw or a win.

1. He is not exactly playing well

2. Willian should start ahead of him due to his better work rate and what he offers

3. I'd even consider Ramires before Oscar

1. That's not true. He has not been amazing but he is certainly playing well. Certainly better than anything Willian has shown this season.

2. Willian might have better work-rate but it's marginal. Oscar has tremendous work-rate as well. Certainly more than enough to do a job. Also, Oscar is far more likely to make the right decisions in counter-attacking situations than Willian is. Willian is quicker, but Oscar far more intelligent player with the ball.

3. Ramires' decision making, shooting and awful composure in the final third is laughable sometimes. It was primarily because of this that we wasted so many attacking chances in the reverse fixture last season.

Here's a stat...or two.

1. It has taken Chelsea only four Premier League games this season to score 15 goals and concede 6. Last season, the Blues only reached the 15th goal mark and conceded 6 in the ninth league game.

2. Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 15 Premier League matches that immediately followed after a Champions League game - W11 D4.

1. That's not true. He has not been amazing but he is certainly playing well. Certainly better than anything Willian has shown this season.

2. Willian might have better work-rate but it's marginal. Oscar has tremendous work-rate as well. Certainly more than enough to do a job. Also, Oscar is far more likely to make the right decisions in counter-attacking situations than Willian is. Willian is quicker, but Oscar far more intelligent player with the ball.

3. Ramires' decision making, shooting and awful composure in the final third is laughable sometimes. It was primarily because of this that we wasted so many attacking chances in the reverse fixture last season.

I respect your views, lets wait and see on Sunday.