Chelsea v Schalke

Jase

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not taking any team for granted, if what we saw today is any indication of what to expect in the champions league its there are no easy games. Look at Ludogorets? deserved a point at Anfield, Olympiakos punishing Atletico(Moya is the keeper for them). Teams like Maribor and Schalke have nothing to lose in and its games like that where things get dangerous.

This will be ultimate destruction of Schalke. Their back four are all out injured, I have no doubt about that. I think I will bet on us to win by 3 goals atleast.

It really is never a Chelsea pre-match thread without someone saying that we'll destroy the opposition...

The last time we played an opposition in Europe with so many injuries was Genk in 2011 and we absolutely hammered them.

But this is Schalke and in some ways, Keller was probably trying to galvanize his players with the defeatist comments. Must not underestimate them and do a professional job to get the 3 points, especially when our next game is against Sporting Lisbon.

It really is never a Chelsea pre-match thread without someone saying that we'll destroy the opposition...

Man I never say that :D And Im always like wtf is he thinking when they say we will blow opponent, but this time Im certain. Dunno why, just dat feeling. And they will play without a single starter in defence. Last year it was 3:0, Im sure we can repeat that.

Man I never say that :D And Im always like wtf is he thinking when they say we will blow opponent, but this time Im certain. Dunno why, just dat feeling. And they will play without a single starter in defence. Last year it was 3:0, Im sure we can repeat that.

That's what most people tend to say as well...

Hope we don't get caught out like Liverpool and Atletico did. First game is always tricky.

Have to be focused and ready to play. Cup play is very different to league.

Saying that, I want Willian to get some run. This guy is a talent, and clearly good enough for our starting 11. Hope he is on the pitch come kick off. I think he'll be first choice eventually as we get into the season, but this is a perfect opportunity for him. Let him take a wing role and sit Schurrle or Oscar. In my opinion he's outplayed them whenever he has taken the pitch anyway. He provides pace, ability to beat his man, great touch, and he tracks back. Bizarre how he isn't first choice, since he is a typical Mourinho type player with all the attributes he likes.

You don't think Keller will do everything in his power to protect that back four? I can see them wasting a shit tom of time too... Slowing an already slow game down. Champions league games are usually played at a pace that favours that don't want to come out... I feel we'll win but I'm not getting too cavalier about my predictions.