Turkish Airlines rumoured to replace Samsung

Waterfall

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a chance red bull would sponsor us. They have their own football teams. Red bull Leipzig; New York Red Bulls; Red bull Salzburg; Red bull Brasil and Red bull Ghana.

They might buy a team in England, not sponsor though.

Actually, it's rumoured that Red Bull is interested in buying an English club

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/red-bull-looking-buy-english-2366075

Imagine what happens when we get a new stadium 'The Turkish Airline Arena', people are going to think we're a Turkish club

I don't believe anyone think that Arsenal is an arab club because of the Emirates Stadium.

FFS, obviously this is about reputation etc, too. It's about promoting your own brand by being partners with a brand as big and well-known as yours in the world instead of settling for "more" money instantly (although this is all hypothetical talk) by signing with a smaller one.

What Samsung offers us is a unique partnership with one of the best companies in their field and one of the most famous brands in the world; everyone knows Samsung is one of the leading electronics groups (publically) only challenged by Apple. Do as many people know about Turkish Airlines, let alone about their status in the airlines business? You know the answer.

I'm guessing by some of the comments - none of you have ever flown Turkish Airways? :)

They are literally cleaning up on awards - they are beating the Emirates (who are awesome) in many categories

Their fleet is super modern and the business class is just amazing! Unlike my recent trip on Virgin, who desperately need to get their Dreamliners in the air!!!

My best experience to date is still Emirates - Heathrow to Dubai! Board the flight from the business lounge - upstairs on an A380 - amazing... ;)

So whilst the logo is shit and the name is dodgy - if they give us plenty of money - I won't mind so much :)

I'm just about to board an Ethopian Air plane to Zanzibar (Honeymoon) - economy - this is gonna be a rude awakening ;)

You fly a lot for work it seems from your other posts!

Agree re Turkish Airlines being a very good airline to fly with.

If they stump up significantly more cash than Samsung to a level where we are at least on par or above other top teams (excluding Utd's huge deal) then that would be great. Helping compliance with FFP and being able to spend more on better players' transfer fees/wages is much more important than the aesthetic appeal of the shirt. We will all be numbed to it anyway if it is ugly, and I seriously doubt that the designers will come up with anything terribly offensive to the eye.

Yes, because everyone now is convinced that Arsenal are a team from the Arabian gulf...

Do you not think I thought of that before posting?, really?..

Fly Emirates is actually quite nondescript 'in comparison', it's not exactly 'Dubai airline', whereas just plain 'TURKEY' IS VERY OBVIOUS. Dubai is also 'in' right now, and that sponsor in particular looks good on our shirts.

Boring, no-glamorous brand. The only reason I'm concerned is that The Daily Mail have been spot on with Chelsea stuff, they broke the Fabregas deal before anyone else.

I reckon the Mercedes logo would look pretty awesome or maybe Jaguar ;)

They would look awesome.

The sexy brand of today though for me has to be Tesla.

That's the one brand that is revolutionizing the industry of cars and would love to be acquainted with them.

ncf8fk.jpg

Got sooo used to S^msung over the years, and advertising must work I have S^msung fridge freezer, phone, and washing machine etc. Just hope its not Tampax.

End of the day, its one fat corporate bastard replacing another, not that important. More concerned with what goes on the pitch.

Got sooo used to S^msung over the years, and advertising must work I have S^msung fridge freezer, phone, and washing machine etc. Just hope its not Tampax.

End of the day, its one fat corporate bastard replacing another, not that important. More concerned with what goes on the pitch.

Haha..we'll put.

It's all about the money now. We shouldn't be too bothered about the aesthetics of our sponsors logo. I'm prepared for whatever they come up with.

Haha..we'll put.

It's all about the money now. We shouldn't be too bothered about the aesthetics of our sponsors logo. I'm prepared for whatever they come up with.

Would you take a tampon / diaper company that offers us 30m per year?

Well Samsung fits quite perfectly, not just on kits, but as brand. Popular, serious, highly commercialized products and not some diapers or betting or whatever...

I must say seeing Chelsea without adidas and samsung would look bit odd. But you get used to it...It was same before with Fly emirates, but samsung looked amazing too. Turkish airlines, I cant say the same.

But then again would you have Playboy if they can give us enough money to buy Messi?

I think its all about money now. Unless Samsung forks out good offer (better than other companies), we wont stick with them.