RZ Pellets 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

MOTM  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM?

I still don't see why we bought Zouma, yes he has potential, but so do Omeruo, Ake, Kalas etc. I'm going to repeat what everyone else said and say that he looked very clumsy on the ball, had one very bad tackle in the second half and mistimed the header that led to RZ Pellets' goal. But I'm not going to judge too much, because it is just a pre-season game. .

I really, really hope Salah was fasting.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really, really hope Salah was fasting.

trust me he was fasting, maybe another muslim player wouldnt fast but salah is so religious , for him religion come first then job

trust me he was fasting, maybe another muslim player wouldnt fast but salah is so religious , for him religion come first then job

where did you hear this?

where did you hear this?

In Ramadan month all muslims around the world fasting no food no water till sunsit and the end of month is next sunday too bad he still has match that sunday but after sunday no more fasting

In Ramadan month all muslims around the world fasting no food no water till sunsit and the end of month is next sunday too bad he still has match that sunday but after sunday no more fasting

I know what Ramadan is..

I just didn't know if Salah was as religious as you say he is though.

I know what Ramadan is..

I just didn't know if Salah was as religious as you say he is though.

well if u speak arabic or live in my country u would know he so religious ,beside fasting is important duty in our religion, everymuslim in egypt fasting even if u not much religious ...its something i cant explain to u in english but we have to fast that month unless u was sick

Zouma is like Luiz-lite, physically he's awesome, but has some brain-farts that could lead to goals conceded or red card. He's still young though, so he clearly can improve.

Agreed.

To each his own I guess... To me he looks big, burly and clumsy. You still need to have a level of technique to play football, his best asset is his size and right now, to me he looks erratic.

As I said previously, I'd much rather a 19 year old kid with massive potential making those sorts of mistakes than Luiz, a CB with close to a decade of extra experience. Who we were still waiting around for him to 'fulfil his potential', which was hilarious.

Agreed.

As I said previously, I'd much rather a 19 year old kid with massive potential making those sorts of mistakes than Luiz, a CB with close to a decade of extra experience. Who we were still waiting around for him to 'fulfil his potential', which was hilarious.

My problem with Zouma isn't the mistakes he's made, its more to do with his footballing ability. He seems to be lacking in agility and technique.

well if u speak arabic or live in my country u would know he so religious ,beside fasting is important duty in our religion, everymuslim in egypt fasting even if u not much religious ...its something i cant explain to u in english but we have to fast that month unless u was sick

I believe there's exceptions to fasting, is there not? I heard that those involved in the World Cup didn't.

I believe there's exceptions to fasting, is there not? I heard that those involved in the World Cup didn't.

the world cup and a friendly against rz pellets is a bit different

Lol I just watched the game (recorded it as late in from work)

I came to the thread expecting some negativity - but just WOW ;)

Lots of opinions being formed early.. Zouma is poor, Salah is rubbish, Baker is rubbish etc.

It's Pre-Season ;) key objective = fitness

Secondary objective - exposé young players to more pressure - some will handle it immediately, some will take longer ;)

I have absolutely no problem in ascribing 'over-enthusiasm' to some performances and the more the lads play, the better they will get.

Honestly, just chill out a little and reserve judgement for a bit - I mean every week I read stories complaining we don't use our reserve team players, we do and then the majority are shit lol ;)

RZ Pellets are no mugs - they had a good shape and worked hard - it was our 'Boys' playing against 'Men' and you know what they did ok - it's a major step up for them and they handled it (for the most part) well.

In the same vein - Boga was great - but it will be 3-4 years before we see him regularly I feel. I'm just glad that we finally have talent coming through and credit to Jose - he is giving the young lads a chance and long may that continue.

I'm genuinely excited about our long-term prospects - and I hope you guys are too - we're building something special...