Followers 1

MOTM  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Err, I wasn't talking about the lay offs or playing one-two with others but rather being more direct, taking on players like Boga did there. We know he can do it but hardly see it.

Ehh, didn't he complete the most dribbles in the PL ? :carlo:

Hazard isn't the most direct attacker there is and I think that's what Jason is alluding to. He weaves in and out and doesn't directly attack the defense like, say Messi, or in this instance Boga.

Err, I wasn't talking about the lay offs or playing one-two with others but rather being more direct, taking on players like Boga did there. We know he can do it but hardly see it.

Don't think this is true at all. Hazard takes on players all the time, I would even argue that he does it a bit too much. There's a reason why he's fouled constantly, and I'm sure if you look at the number of attempted dribbles he makes, it would be among the highest in the league. What he does need to do more often is pass and move into space rather than trying to dribble past how many players.

Also wouldn't hurt if he took more shots.

Don't think this is true at all. Hazard takes on players all the time, I would even argue that he does it a bit too much. There's a reason why he's fouled constantly, and I'm sure if you look at the number of attempted dribbles he makes, it would be among the highest in the league. What he does need to do more often is pass and move into space rather than trying to dribble past how many players.

nah... Most of Hazard's successful dribbles aren't direct. He'll cut in from the left and not incisively cut towards the net, he'll beat one or two in his venture to the middle of the pitch but won't beat many going towards the goal. His dribbles are more about keeping possession rather than beating someone to create a threat at goal.

Just because he completed the most dribbles (can't remember the stats), it doesn't mean he's always direct. His dribbles are often short and sometimes opponents have no choice but to foul him because of the immediate danger. When was the last time when we actually saw Hazard taking players like Boga did there? Often he will hog on the ball for far too long and the chance is gone OR he will dribble a bit and then pass it to someone else rather than run at players/taking them head on.

Obviously, he shouldn't dribble past players if there is no space to but there are times when the space is there and he doesn't attempt to do it when he should. Do agree with the pass-move thing but then again, he's more of a ball hogger rather than a direct player like Schurrle, whose strength is his off the ball movement.

I always think, Hazard would be even better if he had Robben's mentality. He certainly has the ability to but it's in the mind, it's how he prefers to play. Patient, ball at feet player Hazard is.