RZ Pellets 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

MOTM  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your MOTM?

After enjoying seeing Boga, MVG and Baker play, it dawned on me that Mikel and Ramires are coming back. Shit. Ah well it's a nice preview of good things to come in the future tho.

They will need more experience first by going on loan. We're a team fighting for 4 titles with the highest level, it is very hard to achieve our target while we have to develop young players by giving them playing time here.

The reason why another small or middle teams could develop young players is because they don't have such targets.

We will have them in our squad when they're ready.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

baker was industrious in the first half, was disappointed to see him get taken off but its a friendly i guess everyone needs a run.

boga was industrious in the second half.

matic was solid and did everything he could, hardly anybody around him helping but he didnt stop trying.

our wingers and strikers made shit runs all night nobody doing anything particularly smart or productive which undid a lot of the good work baker, boga and matic were doing.

in the 2nd half we were sloppy in every way possible, it was precisely the type of thing you dont want to see in pre-season friendlies.

at least its only the pre-season, looking forward to seeing Chelsc Fabridgegas get a run (im trying lol he needs a solid moniker), still cant believe we got him hahahaha #FuckHerRightInTheArseanal

Boga is ready for first team action.

If there is anything i have learnt this pre season that i am sure about, it is this!

Doesnt need to be a starter, but i can imagine him coming on for 30 minutes and creating havoc. He is first team quality already.

A loan will only be good as a starter in the PL, not as a sub elsewhere. He is class. We are producing our own Hazard. Wow!

Second observation. Yes it is pre season, and players are finding fitness, but Zouma made a red card tackle in the first game, and last night he made another similar tackle which was close to being a last man red card type of tackle again.

Not assuring at all. Can not be making such last ditch tackles in the PL, and mistiming them.

Oh come on, Hazard frequently tries to lay the ball off to someone and play the one-two. A lot of the times he either gets completely ignored or the backpass just isn't good enough.

Err, I wasn't talking about the lay offs or playing one-two with others but rather being more direct, taking on players like Boga did there. We know he can do it but hardly see it.

Err, I wasn't talking about the lay offs or playing one-two with others but rather being more direct, taking on players like Boga did there. We know he can do it but hardly see it.

Ehh, didn't he complete the most dribbles in the PL ? :carlo:

Hazard isn't the most direct attacker there is and I think that's what Jason is alluding to. He weaves in and out and doesn't directly attack the defense like, say Messi, or in this instance Boga.

Don't think this is true at all. Hazard takes on players all the time, I would even argue that he does it a bit too much. There's a reason why he's fouled constantly, and I'm sure if you look at the number of attempted dribbles he makes, it would be among the highest in the league. What he does need to do more often is pass and move into space rather than trying to dribble past how many players.

Also wouldn't hurt if he took more shots.

Don't think this is true at all. Hazard takes on players all the time, I would even argue that he does it a bit too much. There's a reason why he's fouled constantly, and I'm sure if you look at the number of attempted dribbles he makes, it would be among the highest in the league. What he does need to do more often is pass and move into space rather than trying to dribble past how many players.

nah... Most of Hazard's successful dribbles aren't direct. He'll cut in from the left and not incisively cut towards the net, he'll beat one or two in his venture to the middle of the pitch but won't beat many going towards the goal. His dribbles are more about keeping possession rather than beating someone to create a threat at goal.

Just because he completed the most dribbles (can't remember the stats), it doesn't mean he's always direct. His dribbles are often short and sometimes opponents have no choice but to foul him because of the immediate danger. When was the last time when we actually saw Hazard taking players like Boga did there? Often he will hog on the ball for far too long and the chance is gone OR he will dribble a bit and then pass it to someone else rather than run at players/taking them head on.

Obviously, he shouldn't dribble past players if there is no space to but there are times when the space is there and he doesn't attempt to do it when he should. Do agree with the pass-move thing but then again, he's more of a ball hogger rather than a direct player like Schurrle, whose strength is his off the ball movement.