Who's Next To Be Bought ?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard a rumour that it could be Berbatov.

Need two wingers and a two strikers now we've got our RB.

2 strikers? Only if we sell Drogba, otherwise we still have Anelka and Shevchenko, buying 2 more strikers would be stupid.

2 strikers? Only if we sell Drogba, otherwise we still have Anelka and Shevchenko, buying 2 more strikers would be stupid.

Well depending on which papers you believe, all of our strikers could be off. Sheva and Pizarro are almost certaitly going, Drogba i'd say is 50/50, and there were reports we want to get rid of Nico at the weekend.

I'd expect to see two come in this summer.

Mirko Vucinic, Frank Ribery, and Ivan Rakitic and Manu Neuer are the four I'd most like to see.

Some interesting names there but cant see any of them arriving to be honest. Dont really rate the first two much although on his day, Ribery is class. Rakitic looks exciting, but too early to judge him yet. Neuer I think would demand first team football - something he's not going to get here. Would be wasted sitting on our bench.

i was hoping we can keep most of our squad instead of buying buying and buying

however we really need some explosive wingers.....

and what do you guys think about maka???his last few games were awful

Edited by kbchel

For me it has to be wingers!!!! we need some fast exciting wigers to spice up our football again. The only names really being mentioned are Ribery and Quaresma! Either or both would be very popular signings i would imagine. And also a striker, Berbatov is the big roumer at the moment, although Sky claim we made a big bid for Torres..

Let's look at the squad:

GK: Cech/Cudicini/Hilario - Everything's fine there, no need for signings.

RB: Belletti/Ferreira/Bosingwa/Ivanovic - Sell Ferreira/Belletti - otherwise we're fine.

LB: Bridge/Cole - Perfect

CB: Terry/Carvalho/Alex/Ivanovic/Ben Haim - Sell Ben Haim

CM - Lampard/Ballack/Essien/Makelele/Mikel/Sidwell - Whether we're playing 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 - none of these players (apart from Sidwell) should have to leave, they are all too important. Makelele should be a bit-part player next season due to age (even though he is still immense) and Lampard/Ballack/Essien are all world class. No one needs to be signed, we do not need more than we have, which at the moment is 3 world class CM's, Makelele who is a class of his own and then Mikel who is just about there.

Wingers - Malouda/Joe Cole/Kalou/SWP - We need a dangerous winger, Joey is the only great player there, Kalou is good, but not great. SWP and Malouda haven't reached the Chelsea standard we need. I think we need one winger and we can have Kalou as immediate back-up with SWP and Malouda covering them, although I can see one of Malouda or SWP being sold.

Strikers - Drogba/Sheva/Pizarro/Anelka - We have a front line with Drogba and Anelka with Sheva as a sub - what's wrong with it? Nothing at all, don't bother changing it. Maybe sell Pizarro and promote a youth player, but this is fine.

We only need one winger now that we have the right back position sorted, and he should be a right winger seeing as Joey plays on the left.

Edited by nikno

Let's look at the squad:

GK: Cech/Cudicini/Hilario - Everything's fine there, no need for signings.

RB: Belletti/Ferreira/Bosingwa/Ivanovic - Sell Ferreira/Belletti - otherwise we're fine.

LB: Bridge/Cole - Perfect

CB: Terry/Carvalho/Alex/Ivanovic/Ben Haim - Sell Ben Haim

CM - Lampard/Ballack/Essien/Makelele/Mikel/Sidwell - Whether we're playing 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 - none of these players (apart from Sidwell) should have to leave, they are all too important. Makelele should be a bit-part player next season due to age (even though he is still immense) and Lampard/Ballack/Essien are all world class. No one needs to be signed, we do not need more than we have, which at the moment is 3 world class CM's, Makelele who is a class of his own and then Mikel who is just about there.

Wingers - Malouda/Joe Cole/Kalou/SWP - We need a dangerous winger, Joey is the only great player there, Kalou is good, but not great. SWP and Malouda haven't reached the Chelsea standard we need. I think we need one winger and we can have Kalou as immediate back-up with SWP and Malouda covering them, although I can see one of Malouda or SWP being sold.

Strikers - Drogba/Sheva/Pizarro/Anelka - We have a front line with Drogba and Anelka with Sheva as a sub - what's wrong with it? Nothing at all, don't bother changing it. Maybe sell Pizarro and promote a youth player, but this is fine.

We only need one winger now that we have the right back position sorted, and he should be a right winger seeing as Joey plays on the left.

In a perfect World I would agree but you are ignoring one important aspect - players that WANT to leave.

1. Drogba - wants to go and it has showed all season long, he will be sold.

2. Lampard - I was certain he was leaving before the death of his mother. Touch and go I still think he will go.

3. Sidwell - not good enough and we have too many central midfielders anyway. Will be sold.

4. Ben Haim - Complete dog shit, doesn't get a look in anyway. Will be sold

5. Pizzaro - Doesn't get a look in. Will be sold.

6. Sheva - I think he's had enough. Wants to go and will be sold.

7. Belletti - I think Boswinga's signing says everything here. Will be sold.

8. Malouda - What a fucking waste of space. I hope he will be sold but he could cling on for another season.

9. SWP - Doesn't get a look in. Will be sold.

10. Essien - 3 years at Chelsea (I think). Awesome player but if we win the champions league will want a move to Spain.

That doesn't mean all of them need replacing because half of them don't get anywhere near matchday squads anyway. The goalkeepers are sorted, the defense is sorted with Boswinga and Ivanovic now, we will need cover here to replace Lamps and Ess (unfortunately). 2 wingers needed, probably Bently (maybe just give Scott Sinclair a go) and Queresma. 2 strikers needed although when I think about it i'm struggling to come up with names world class names who are available.

There's my prediction for pre-season transfer dealings....Oh and the special needs one will be moved back to director of football or some other bullshit role. No idea who will replace him but it is looking like Frank rightguard unfortunately.

Joey can play either side, so it doesn't matter which side we sign a winger for but the best thing would be for him to be able to play both wingers. Yes get rid of Pizarro and bring up a youth player or two, Sinclair, Sahar and Di Santo should all be up for fighting for a place. Even if we get rid of Sheva too, I would like to think we can rely on these young players to have the odd good game because if we stick to the same system, its mostly just going to be Drogba anyway.

sign ronaldinho and messi

ribery and quaresma sounds nice too

kaka in the wings anyone???

worldclass striker available???

adriano

berbatov

etoo

david villa

Edited by kbchel

1. Drogba - wants to go and it has showed all season long, he will be sold.

2. Lampard - I was certain he was leaving before the death of his mother. Touch and go I still think he will go.

3. Sidwell - not good enough and we have too many central midfielders anyway. Will be sold.

4. Ben Haim - Complete dog shit, doesn't get a look in anyway. Will be sold

5. Pizzaro - Doesn't get a look in. Will be sold.

6. Sheva - I think he's had enough. Wants to go and will be sold.

7. Belletti - I think Boswinga's signing says everything here. Will be sold.

8. Malouda - What a fucking waste of space. I hope he will be sold but he could cling on for another season.

9. SWP - Doesn't get a look in. Will be sold.

10. Essien - 3 years at Chelsea (I think). Awesome player but if we win the champions league will want a move to Spain.

I stated that Sidwell, Ben Haim, Pizarro , Malouda and/or SWP and Belletti could be leaving in my post.

As for Drogba, Lampard and Essien:

Drogba is the only one I can see going, and even still, I don't think he will.

What's with everyone thinking Lampard is gonna leave, he's said he would stay the rest of his career at Chelsea, so why does everyone think he will leave? Don't believe the papers.

And Essien? This is the first I've heard of this, he's currently enjoying the best football of his career at Chelsea, why the hell would he want to leave? Would be very bizzarre.

In a perfect World I would agree but you are ignoring one important aspect - players that WANT to leave.

1. How do you know that ? ? ?

2. No team in spain could afford essien 30 million at least.