Who's Next To Be Bought ?

You're boring me now. This is a forum where people discuss anything they like conected with Chelsea including news articles, interviews and pieces of information that people may have heard and believe there could be some legs in it. When someone makes a pre-season prediction on what might happen just because you don't agree with it you have to turn it into some big deal.

And fucking hell 'it's not something we should factor into any equation of players coming in and going out this summer', get a life none of us have any bearing on what happens at Chelsea, I'm discussing the possibility of something happening based on pieces of information I have heard.....if you don't like it say 'I don't agree' and why. Not 'You're completely making it up' 'and it's wrong'. Fool.

Well I'm sorry that by disagreeing with you I am boring you. And you could say you're making a big deal out of me disagreeing with you, but that's a mute point.

I don't agree with you because you are making it up. If you couldn't understand that, it is very much you that is the fool.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read on another topic here that the Sun had run with that Lampard will leave because he walked to four corners of the pitch so I really wouldn't be surprised, unless of course Layla made that up, don't see why she would have though.

Nope didnt make it up which is why its so hillarious.Every player from every/mostly every team did the same thing lol..fun times

Well I'm sorry that by disagreeing with you I am boring you. And you could say you're making a big deal out of me disagreeing with you, but that's a mute point.

I don't agree with you because you are making it up. If you couldn't understand that, it is very much you that is the fool.

Elliot, it is fine to disagree that is your choice, but you should do it in the correct way as in not make it personal buy accusing me of making things up. You could just say I disagree because I have heard nothing about this. And i would say as I did very early on in this debate 'I'll guess we will have to wait and see'. You can't attack someone personally because you don't agree and expect them not to say anything.

So baisically I understand that you disagree but I can 't understand the basic summation that I am making it up simply because you have heard nothing about it, and then attacking me for it....its very immature.

Elliot, it is fine to disagree that is your choice, but you should do it in the correct way as in not make it personal buy accusing me of making things up. You could just say I disagree because I have heard nothing about this. And i would say as I did very early on in this debate 'I'll guess we will have to wait and see'. You can't attack someone personally because you don't agree and expect them not to say anything.

So baisically I understand that you disagree but I can 't understand the basic summation that I am making it up simply because you have heard nothing about it, and then attacking me for it....its very immature.

I wasn't attacking you, I'm sorry you got that impression. But, of course I think you are making it up, you've not provided any sort of evidence for your claims and I have myself never heard any talk of Essien wanting to leave, until you posted in this thread. Perhaps you could point me in the direction of such talk to back up your point?

This isn't "personal", this is me not agreeing with you because I've heard nothing of the sort myself and you failed to provide any evidence for it either.

What information have you heard regarding Essien and where did you hear it from that would make you think that Essien would be on his way, particulary if we win the CL this year? I think the majority of people would find it very hard to beleive Essien would leave at the moment...

Essien to Replace Diarra

Predrag Mijatovic approached Peter Kenyon, when he travelled to London to watch the Blues play Fenerbahçe, about the Ghanaian international and was quoted a price of €35m.

That is €10m more than Madrid were preparing to go with, but the sale of Diarrá may see the Spanish giants counter with a bid of €30m

According to reports, the former Lyon midfielder is keen to leave Stamford Bridge following the departure of José Mourinho and has been weighing up where his next move would be.

Diarra looks certain to leave Madrid as his agent agent, Frederic Guerra, revealed that after Barcelona visit the Bernabéyou on May 7, the club should be willing to talk about a transfer..

"We will have to see what happens after Madrid play Barcelona," he said. "After that we will know more clearly what could happen. Diarrá is not happy at Madrid because he is not playing very much. It is a worrying situation."

Bernd Schuster is also said to have told Mijatovic that Essien would be a very welcome addition to the squad as he has never been a big fan of Diará and wants a new defensive midfielder.

Ian Dixon, Goal.com

for Ians ''...according to reports''..read..''I just made this up''

There was a thing on Tribal or Goal about Essiens agent being approached ina massive deal by Real or something. I'll try and find it.

There definately was a story about Real Wanting Essien. But i was wondering what the information was on Essien himself wanting to leave...

Lots of teams understandably will want Essien, but i can't see why he would want to leave or has ever indicated that he would.

The evidence is not so much in the public domain and I can't say where it comes from unfortunately. Like I said lets wait and see, I know that Essien is very hot property at the moment and is extremely sought after especially by Real Madrid, and in the past I have heard of Essien's desire to capture as many trophies as he can (don't ask where I got that from because I won't tell you!). Knowing that, I am saying that the probability of Essien being interested in a move to Madrid, especially if we lift the European cup is higher than most people would like to believe. Oh and it has nothing to do with Mourinho leaving, Essien isn't an emotional animal like Drogba who forms very strong bonds with people.

Anyway's it may not happen and I don't think it will if we lose the European cup final, but at the very least I think there will be some serious courtship from Real this pre-season.

How many years on his contract does Essien have left? That seems to be a very important factor in these things.

I'd see this as the club might well receive offers but would reject them. Certainly he will be very sought after but we're a big club and we should be able to keep hold of these players.

If he wants to win trophies then why would he go to Madrid? Surely he has more chance of winning things staying with us than if he went to Madrid....

For me Essien is one of the most important players for us to keep. In top form, still a very good age and a very good character....

Bloody hell yeah, I think he is one of the most important members of our squad and it would be great to have him for the next five years.

But you have to realise that Chelsea aren't one of the biggest clubs in the World, not yet anyway, and it goes back to what I was saying before when a Real Madrid, a Barca, an AC milan or the such like come calling its not as straight forward as we don't need the money so we aren't selling. When these clubs come for our players there is an increased chance that the player will be interested and so you have to make a judgement whether to force the player to stay once he learns of the interest or to talk realistic numbers. The reason that Barca don't talk realistic numbers about Messi is because Messi himself is not interested in a move away from Barca so they can afford to say £80m please or fuck off, if he expressed an interest in the move and was dead set on it Barca would have to say OK £30m please.

It will be a testing time, and don't misunderstand I'm not saying I know Michael Essien and know he will jump at the chance I'm saying from what I've heard I don't know if he would catagorically say 'I want to stay at Chelsea'.

Every player/agent has their price ;)

Lets not forget every close season, Real Madrids notice me!/marketing plan essentially involves them linking themselves with almost every top player in the World.

It'd be an insult to our boys if they didn't.

It's their way of saying -''look we used to be a huge club, and we still are , honestly''

Right now i can't see Real Madrid, Barcelona or AC Milan having a bigger appeal than Chelsea! Yes we may not be "established" as a massive club but all 3 of those clubs are not exacltly having the best times of things. Don't forget that we pay our players more than pretty much any club and even thse 3 clubs mentioned would find it difficult to meet the wage demands.

The only player i can see really wanting to leave is possibly Drogba, i feel that anyone else leaving will be due to us offloading them to sort our squad out.

i highly doubt that essien is leaving...yea sure its possible he would leave but anything is possible...but highly unlikely...sources to back up your suspicions would give your speculation some credibility...

imo...essien is the most important player we have followed by drogba...just like nobody can contain drogba up front on his best day, the same can be said about essien in the middle...he can play multiple positions and plays the same way at the start of a game as at the end of one...he is simply unstoppable - like drogba on his day....

since he is younger, highly adaptable, and can dictate games the way he can with his energy, i dont think the powers that be are stupid enough to let him go...and since we dont need the money, and he has said in the past that he is happy here, i dont see it happening...

as for drogba...i definitely dont want him to go but i can see it happening...i dont really care that he is has an ego and shoots his mouth off...when you're passionate this sort of stuff happens...there is nobody better then drogba at what he does....he dives way less then he did 2 years ago, plays hard 95 percent of the time and is passionate about winning - and scores when it counts...cant ask for much more

however...business wise it would be smart to cash in while his value is high and as his ages creeps up...he is bound to slow down in the next two years...it just means we would have to change our game plan...

i remember abramovich coming out with a statement that even if anyone offer 100 mill for drog, terry or lamps(im not sure) he will not sell...

that is quite encouraging

Edited by kbchel