Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

It makes sense why Barca sold Cesc and got Rakitic...one is amazing small game player, other is consistent.

I don't get the obsession with big game record's, no player has a flawless big game record, they are big game's for a reason.

Cesc has had his moment's in big games himself, not least assisting a world cup winning goal.

Jose playing him out of position in the number 10 in big games also played a huge part. I think he did considerably better in the big games where he played deeper with both Rami and Matic. I genuinely hope that THAT is what we will go with in big games next season instead of Cesc in an advanced role where he clearly doesn't have the pace to cope with our pressing and has less time on the ball to do what he does best.

Being marked out the game by big teams (a sensible strategy) as a sole playmaker does not make said a player a small game player. Put Iniesta next to Cesc and he would look more consistent too.

cesc did play alongside iniesta (and xavi and messi) but was nowhere near what rakitic has been.

cesc has been good for us but needs to be more consistent.

cesc did play alongside iniesta (and xavi and messi) but was nowhere near what rakitic has been.

If he performs next season in identical fashion to how he did this season, I'll be more than satisfied.

Different players.

If he performs next season in identical fashion to how he did this season, I'll be more than satisfied.

Different players.

if he performs next season the way he did this season and suppose city/united have a brilliant run and pip us to the title by a point or 2, believe me, no one would be satisfied with him.

true that they are different players, but its just baffling that cesc was 3 years with the masters of ball shielding like xavi and iniesta and yet that is one of his biggest flaws. there are other tags attached to him like big game choker and poor second half of the season player.. lets not go there. but right now, (and i remember a lot even said it last season), that rakitic seems a better player.

if he performs next season the way he did this season and suppose city/united have a brilliant run and pip us to the title by a point or 2, believe me, no one would be satisfied with him.

true that they are different players, but its just baffling that cesc was 3 years with the masters of ball shielding like xavi and iniesta and yet that is one of his biggest flaws. there are other tags attached to him like big game choker and poor second half of the season player.. lets not go there. but right now, (and i remember a lot even said it last season), that rakitic seems a better player.

If United or City pip us to the title next season it will take something extraordinary, unless they both spend £150 million they won't be able to compete. But don't get me wrong, I understand your viewpoint, I just think people are expecting from too much from Fabregas. That being said, this was his "bedding in" period; he may well up his consistency levels next season.

I don't get the obsession with big game record's, no player has a flawless big game record, they are big game's for a reason.

Cesc has had his moment's in big games himself, not least assisting a world cup winning goal.

Dont get me wrong, I think Cesc is good player.

But big games are where players show their worth. Like you said, no player has flawless big game record, but for example best midfielders deliver equal performances generaly.

Rakitic is good against smalk team, he is good against big team. Or Verratti, Iniesta,...Cesc is amazing against small team, but 10 times worse against bigger side. Making assist or goal isnt equal to dictating tempo or having impact the whole game.

Cesc is perfect PL type player, but he will have to improve big time in Cl if we ever want to win it with him in team (same with Hazard, but he is quite younger than Cesc).

I think people will eventualy realise Cesc is just slightly better Mata when comes to crucial games. I hope Im wrong tho.

And when people talk about tactics that make cesc worse, than why did we even buy KEY player if he cant adopt to our needs in CL (again saying for PL he probably most useful player to have).

I dont have many biases toward our players but Cesc certainly didnt impress me yet. There are so many false things known about Cesc, like he runs soo much, but in reality he is one lazy worker. Lets everyone sprint past him etc. Since summer, I was sceptic and I will remain sceptic until he has a run of quality games in CL (not demanding to win it, because that depends on many things, but just to perform great in our run). He doesnt strike me as Mou midfielder. We won PL largely thanks to Cesc, but I wish we had more completed midfielder who wont hide when shit gets tough.

Dont get me wrong, I think Cesc is good player.

But big games are where players show their worth. Like you said, no player has flawless big game record, but for example best midfielders deliver equal performances generaly.

Rakitic is good against smalk team, he is good against big team. Or Verratti, Iniesta,...Cesc is amazing against small team, but 10 times worse against bigger side. Making assist or goal isnt equal to dictating tempo or having impact the whole game.

Cesc is perfect PL type player, but he will have to improve big time in Cl if we ever want to win it with him in team (same with Hazard, but he is quite younger than Cesc).

I think people will eventualy realise Cesc is just slightly better Mata when comes to crucial games. I hope Im wrong tho.

And when people talk about tactics that make cesc worse, than why did we even buy KEY player if he cant adopt to our needs in CL (again saying for PL he probably most useful player to have).

I dont have many biases toward our players but Cesc certainly didnt impress me yet. There are so many false things known about Cesc, like he runs soo much, but in reality he is one lazy worker. Lets everyone sprint past him etc. Since summer, I was sceptic and I will remain sceptic until he has a run of quality games in CL (not demanding to win it, because that depends on many things, but just to perform great in our run). He doesnt strike me as Mou midfielder. We won PL largely thanks to Cesc, but I wish we had more completed midfielder who wont hide when shit gets tough.

You cannot compare Cesc to Rakitic... 1st and foremost they're different players and secondly we play a completely different style of football to Barcelona.

Rakitic would struggle to set the tempo in our team in big games as well.

You cannot compare Cesc to Rakitic... 1st and foremost they're different players and secondly we play a completely different style of football to Barcelona.

Rakitic would struggle to set the tempo in our team in big games as well.

Rakitic is more of direct passer of ball, but first and foremost hard worker and runner. Barca fans say he was one of key players in new high pressing style that barca is playing under Enrique. Iniesta is more of deep playmaker these days at barca.

So if any, Cesc would suit barca more and Rakitic to us. But its not like that. Cesc has nice skills, great vision, etc. but that wont win you decisive games where opponents EASILY stop Cesc from doing that with pressing. Direct and efficient play and hard work is what wins you games. Thats why I dont understand why people want Isco over Koke for example, just because the former has tons of flashy tricks.

While Cesc main ability is to spray the ball, when someone cuts that part of his game off, he is more or less useless. Doesnt have power, pace, or exceptional stamina, therefore cant run after opponents. The fact Cesc is good defender is myth. He isnt bad, but average. There were countless times in games where Cesc didnt run after ball or just let opponent pass him. Lacks mobilty, takes forever to turn. Thats not what you expect from Mou midfielder.

Btw Rakitic managed to set tempo for sevilla, even when they played against Real or Barca, so you cant say Rakitic wouldnt be able to set tempo here. He might struggle more, but not neccesary. He is very direct, much like De Bruyne, with slightly less vision, but exceptional work rate.

All that said, there is another problem; Oscar. While I still have big expectations from Oscar (given he will be fully rested next season, I would give him one more year before selling him), but then again I dont see us being dominant in midfield ever with Oscar AND Cesc on pitch at same time.

Wrong. Fabregas barely ever played actual CM for BAR. Usually he was on the RW or as a no 9 because there was no space in the team.

He does need to be more consistent...but soe of the comparisons here are getting ridiculous.

barca changed there whole formation to give cesc a place in the mid. they even shifted iniesta to the wings (not cesc)

they changed from a well settled 4-3-3 to a 3-4-3 cos whenever cesc got to play in the mid, he was simply not good enough.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/592999/Live

this was barca's formation when they played us and a lot of other times too. he did play thru the center and only cos he was poor as a CM or no where near barca level.

whats worse is people saying that this barca style would have suited him. no it wont have. rakitic gives barca speed, dynamism and that quick passing. cesc can put a clinical pass but i think he is way behind rakitic in the other aspects.

Wrong. Fabregas barely ever played actual CM for BAR. Usually he was on the RW or as a no 9 because there was no space in the team.

He does need to be more consistent...but soe of the comparisons here are getting ridiculous.

The way Barca play now, Cesc would have been a perfect fit for them.

They play intensive high pressing, lot of work and running. One of major weaknesess of Cesc who isnt mobile much.

In everything else, yes he would suit them like a glove.