Hotseat 5: Barbara

Spike

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you want to see in the goal this coming season, Czech or Courtois?

As much as it hurts to say me, because I feel like dismissing a big legend, who I feel could still give us a lot; Thibaut.

I don't visit the non-football treads much but here goes :)

1. Your first World cup tournament that you remember clearly?

2. Have you been at The Bridge?

3. Do you like video games?

1. 1990. I really cheered that year, watched most matches and as I was already 10, I can remember most of it. A boy at my school - a few years older than me - said that he thought Germany would win it and when they did I was mesmerized with someone that could predict that sort of thing. lol, the world in a 10yo mind is so cute

2. Haven't been to anywhere in Europe actually :(

3. I don't play them, but I don't mind them. It requires more motor coordination than I actually have, lol. I like the RPG style though and when I gave my ex-husband a PS3 just after its release a few years ago, I bought the whole Lego collection for me to play (Batman, Star Wars, etc). It was the only thing I had enough coordination to play :lol:

I know you want Germany to win the WC, but do you think they will? They have been pretty bad this year, they don't have a striker and their defense has been in shambles. Could their midfield alone win them a WC?

I know you want Germany to win the WC, but do you think they will? They have been pretty bad this year, they don't have a striker and their defense has been in shambles. Could their midfield alone win them a WC?

I think they're the favorites, not only my favorites.

I don't fancy Argentina, and they're unpredictable, always losing to the one team you wouldn't expect, Brazil is struggling, Spain isn't in the peak anymore, Belgium I don't think can reach the final, Netherlands are also in the down side of their peak... Italy? Maybe, but I'm not quite so sure... To be honest, I don't feel like any NT is arriving to this WC at their best form compared to how they were from 2011 until now.

But then everything chances in the WC. I think the most likely to win in order are 1) Germany 2) Brazil 3) Italy 4) Argentina

The one thing that should be noted about Brazil is that this current team grows directly proportional to the high of what's at stake. Expect them to start the WC tentative and even struggling, and then to grow as the tournament advances. There's this determination in that squad somehow and I don't know if it comes from them or from Felipão.

I think they're the favorites, not only my favorites.

I don't fancy Argentina, and they're unpredictable, always losing to the one team you wouldn't expect, Brazil is struggling, Spain isn't in the peak anymore, Belgium I don't think can reach the final, Netherlands are also in the down side of their peak... Italy? Maybe, but I'm not quite so sure... To be honest, I don't feel like any NT is arriving to this WC at their best form compared to how they were from 2011 until now.

But then everything chances in the WC. I think the most likely to win in order are 1) Germany 2) Brazil 3) Italy 4) Argentina

The one thing that should be noted about Brazil is that this current team grows directly proportional to the high of what's at stake. Expect them to start the WC tentative and even struggling, and then to grow as the tournament advances. There's this determination in that squad somehow and I don't know if it comes from them or from Felipão.

I think the pressure on Brazil will be their undoing. But why didn't you mention France? They've got a good young squad and little pressure on their shoulders.

I think the pressure on Brazil will be their undoing. But why didn't you mention France? They've got a good young squad and little pressure on their shoulders.

They normally fluke... unless it's against Brazil, then they become their best, :lol:

I don't rate them yet.

I don't know how this team will handle the pressure. WC can't be compared to Confed Cup. As far as I'm aware (which I'm not entirely, Rapha could confirm or say otherwise) there was no pressure for the CC.

1. Favourite quote(s)?

2. What was the best year of your life so far and why?

3. If you could re-live a day from the past, what would it be and why?

4. If you had the opportunity to live in either London or Madrid, which would you choose and why?

5. What's your favourite icecream flavour?

1. Favourite quote(s)?

2. What was the best year of your life so far and why?

3. If you could re-live a day from the past, what would it be and why?

4. If you had the opportunity to live in either London or Madrid, which would you choose and why?

5. What's your favourite icecream flavour?

1. I'm not a quote kind of person. I like a lot of them, but I don't have favorites or quotes that I identify with or that sum me up. I go by the idea of things, not memorized sentences. It comes to mind though one by C. S. Lewis "Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it's thinking of yourself less" I absolutely love it.

2. 2014 has been pretty good after a couple of gloomy years, and also there's no time like the present (I live by it, I rarely look to the past and I'm very wary of trying to tell anything of the future), so I'd say 2014.

3. That's a difficult question to answer (as the previous two were)... Probably the day I became a Christian.

4. London. I have no wish to even visit Madrid (maybe except for the Bernabeu) let alone live there... I feel a great connection with everything I know from England and I have a lot of british people around me here in Brazil and I think I'd be great there. The only places I see myself living are Canada and Norway.

5. I don't like ice-cream in general, but I can't resist a good Haagen Dazs especially if the flavor is strawberry.

PS.: I miss you dearly. A lot, lot, lot. Really miss you and wish we could talk again soon. Take care, love. Chou asked me who are the nicest posters around and whose posts I like the most and I answered honestly. If he had asked me who's the person - not simply a poster - I like the most, that would be you. Always.

Haw does a Brazilian girl gets the Chelsea love? Was it a player or a game?

From football love. I love football since I was a little girl (literally, my first experience with the sport was at age 3 with Brazil's 82 NT) and I've always enjoyed watching it. So much that only the national leagues weren't enough so about age 8 or something I've started watching Calcio, then a few years later La Liga. I don't remember associating my preferences for Inter or Real Madrid to any player - it's been a long, long, while, but Chelsea is a recent love, only 10 years ago or so.

I started to watch the Premier League to see what it was about. It was love at first sight. I really love it and I loved it back then. And as much as it many sound shallow for some, I can't follow a league so closely and be so emotionally involved with it without a club to support, so I took some time seeing which club would conquer my heart. At the end it was between Chelsea and Liverpool... but the blue color really attracted me (it's not a color I like much, but there were way too many red teams imo), and the badge was also my fave and then Stamford Bridge was also so different from the rest. So it was a sum of things, but not one specific thing. I don't know to this day if I chose Chelsea or if Chelsea chose me.

Nope, I've watched plenty of it after he died. I watched all of Schumacher's titles, even though all of them were post-Senna's death (although I'd be considered a 'hater' of his, I always cheered against him). It just became boring in the mid 2000's and it's still boring.

I do support Jenson Button though - who's my fave pilot ever after Senna himself. Don't know why I love the guy so much, but I do. Again, chemistry :P

Button looks pretty much like Marchisio.

Most of your 'mugshots' are from Pubs or Bars, yet you dont drink. Why is that?

What should you do with romelu now Costa is probably coming?

I'm not so sure about Romelu to be honest. While I'm dead set convinced by Courtois, but not by Lukaku. I think being the #2 striker would do great for him, but I feel we needed a more skilled striker such as Eto'o to be #3 because it seems to me Costa and Lukaku are the same kind of strikers.

If Lukaku leaves, then we MUST sign another striker, either rising or maybe someone leaving a big club, already in their best years, but not THE GUY, you know what I mean?

Button looks pretty much like Marchisio.

Most of your 'mugshots' are from Pubs or Bars, yet you dont drink. Why is that?

I don't think they look alike at all... but I won't lie... I think Jenson is smoking hot too.

But beauty has never played a part in the many sportsmen I love. Rafael Nadal isn't pretty at all and so wasn't Pete Sampras. Many footballers were my 'idols' in their generation or in their years, and they were a far from good looking actually (e.g. Schweinsteiger, Pirlo, Ronaldo (Brazilian), Baggio).

Well, most of the people I hang out with do drink. Also I don't like night clubs, I love music and I like to dance. I love getting out and pubs are the best option, whether I drink or not.

BUUUUUUUUT I finally found a beer I liked (loved actually). Of course it's a German beer. Also I sometimes go to a French cafe here that serves only Champagne and I'm love champagne.

1521798_1419397591679645_912808743054343

Just realized I haven't properly answered some of your question's and in Hamilton's case it was edited after I answered. So here it goes.

How many languages do you speak? What are they? Are there any you would like to learn?

Italian and get back in track with my French

Barbara on my hotlap, wooot yeah..

I mean tc's hotseat ;)

You're cheering for Belgium?

You're gonna miss Luiz?

Celebrating carnaval every year? In Rio? With not much clothes on? :P

I actually don't like carnival to be honest. I normally do nothing out of ordinary, almost most years I went camping. If I were I wouldn't care go with not much clothes on. I normally wear short skirts and low necklines, I think that's enough.

Great answers...

About asking properly, I have another question for you!

How do a guy ask you out, properly? :ph34r:

Political views? If you were the president, what would be your 'to-do-list' in order to improve the Brazilian society?

Your opinion on religion? Something you should keep to yourself, and not force onto others, or something the entire society should embrace?

MONEY! If you had $100 million, what would you spend them on?

Who are your inspirations and idols?

I can't believe I didn't mention my biggest football idol - the one I actually saw playing. I mean, I watched a bit of Zico and Maradona, but I've watched Zidane throughout his whole career. I was a teenager when I started following him and I even wanted to name my first child Zinedine. You have no idea how weird that sound in a Portuguese speaking country... but still I was adamant on that for at least three years.

From everyone I've watched playing, no one is bigger than Zizou.

I don't think they look alike at all... but I won't lie... I think Jenson is smoking hot too.

But beauty has never played a part in the many sportsmen I love. Rafael Nadal isn't pretty at all and so wasn't Pete Sampras. Many footballers were my 'idols' in their generation or in their years, and they were a far from good looking actually (e.g. Schweinsteiger, Pirlo, Ronaldo (Brazilian), Baggio).

Well, most of the people I hang out with do drink. Also I don't like night clubs, I love music and I like to dance. I love getting out and pubs are the best option, whether I drink or not.

BUUUUUUUUT I finally found a beer I liked (loved actually). Of course it's a German beer. Also I sometimes go to a French cafe here that serves only Champagne and I'm love champagne.

1521798_1419397591679645_912808743054343

That's good to hear. But you'll have to drink at least 3 of those to get even a slight buzz. You should try out other spirits.