Hotseat 5: Barbara

Spike

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 good question. Wouldn't know, probably my first pastor although I became a Christian when I was already 21

2 I have three majors: social communication (with a minor in Marketing), theology and pedagogy (early age teaching) - thanks for the intelligent though. Next I'm planning a masters degree in London in children's education.

3 I don't even own a TV currently, so definitely a book. The only thing I watch on tv is football and for that I have a multimedia projector - that I'm too lazy to turn on to watch anything else.

4 Because I think it's a childish award... if I were a decade and a half younger I'm positive I would have loved it. At age 34 I'm over that kind of thing (but I have no problem with whoever likes it, regardless of their age, I'm talking solely about myself. There's nothing wrong with liking it at whatever age)

This explains alot.

Question: Do you think that members on this forum accept you opinions more just because you're a women?

Note: Please don't be offended by the question, i just want to know what you think of that.

How many languages do you speak? What are they? Are there any you would like to learn?

Fluently, three - English, Spanish and my mother language, Portuguese. I understand French well, but I haven't spoken it in years, so I can't even say I'm rusty. I understand a bit of Catalan too.

This explains alot.

Question: Do you think that members on this forum accept you opinions more just because you're a women?

Note: Please don't be offended by the question, i just want to know what you think of that.

Accept my opinion more because I'm a girl? I'm used to having the opposite issue: having my opinion disregarded because I'm a woman, but that happens on Brazilian forums, not here. I think some may have a soft spot for me, but even those disagree with me from time to time, so I don't think me being a girl plays out positively for them to accept my opinions about football.

I try to be nice to everyone, I try to respect everyone (even though sometimes I use my metaphorical French when I'm mad about a situation, normally involving the club or the players, rarely the members and their opinions, unless they're too nonsensical) and I'm a girl among literally hundreds of men, so of course I think it's only natural some of them, or many of them, look me at with good eyes in general, after all, even in an internet forum, too much testosterone must become just that, too much and a bit of estrogen might be welcome even if for the sake of it.

But I guess most just treat me equally. Calling me on my BS when I'm the one speaking nonsense and supporting me when I make sense. At least I hope so.

Accept my opinion more because I'm a girl? I'm used to having the opposite issue: having my opinion disregarded because I'm a woman, but that happens on Brazilian forums, not here. I think some may have a soft spot for me, but even those disagree with me from time to time, so I don't think me being a girl plays out positively for them to accept my opinions about football.

I try to be nice to everyone, I try to respect everyone (even though sometimes I use my metaphorical French when I'm mad about a situation, normally involving the club or the players, rarely the members and their opinions, unless they're too nonsensical) and I'm a girl among literally hundreds of men, so of course I think it's only natural some of them, or many of them, look me at with good eyes in general, after all, even in an internet forum, too much testosterone must become just that, too much and a bit of estrogen might be welcome even if for the sake of it.

But I guess most just treat me equally. Calling me on my BS when I'm the one speaking nonsense and supporting me when I make sense. At least I hope so.

Could work both ways i guess. Being a girl on a football forum where 95% of the members are men can be good OR bad.

Another question: How do you manage to always write long responses, really? Takes a long time.

I don't watch much TV and don't go to the movies often, but that's because I grew out if the habit as I love watching good movies and some romcom.

Angelina Jolie, Robert Redford, Al Pacino, Robert de Niro, Sean Connery, Denzel Washington, Keanu Reeves among others.

In Portuguese there's a saying: eating and

praying all you need is start. That's true imo

Favorite staff member? (Please keep in mind while answering this that I have a very fragile ego and I'd probably cry if you said someone else :ph34r: )

No seriously, whose posts on here do you enjoy most? Who do you think is the nicest poster around?

How far portugal will go in WC14?

Brazil vs Germany in WC14 Final (IF). Each team are one win away for crowned as the Champions of World Cup 2014. Who's your favorite for winning that match?

Could work both ways i guess. Being a girl on a football forum where 95% of the members are men can be good OR bad.

Another question: How do you manage to always write long responses, really? Takes a long time.

I'm very talkative in person and a writer... so it's unavoidable. But look this answer only took me 20 words! ;)

Favorite staff member? (Please keep in mind while answering this that I have a very fragile ego and I'd probably cry if you said someone else :ph34r: )

No seriously, whose posts on here do you enjoy most? Who do you think is the nicest poster around?

The staff member is a fair tie between you and Lex. Love you both, but Jason is definitely my least favorite one by a fair lead :P

I just love Peace.'s posts and I really wished he posted more, he's an amazing poster with a great view of the sport (as most French guys) and such a nice person.

I also love The Skipper, The only place to be posts. One is very analytical and levelheaded, with opinions I agree with most of time and always very polite and while it bothers some that the other is very attached to English players, England style and stuff, I think it's endearing and he should indeed be proud and love his country and country mates. Also I think he speaks a lot of sense.

You're definitely the nicest of them all, Chou. By a fair lead too.

But I really like most of you guys. If I could mention all the names I would take the time. There are very few obnoxious people around here imo or people I don't have much affinity with.

How far portugal will go in WC14?

Brazil vs Germany in WC14 Final (IF). Each team are one win away for crowned as the Champions of World Cup 2014. Who's your favorite for winning that match?

I think Portugal may have problems to get passed the group phase if Ronaldo doesn't recover quickly as USA can challenge them for the second place. If Cris is fit though, I think they'll qualify 2nd in their group and will probably play Belgium. Then I really don't know who would pass.

Germany.

Celebrity crush?

Angelina Jolie and Blake Lively. I'd change teams for either of them :P

Seriously speaking (as serious as having a crush can be anyway) I think my latest crush was Joseph Morgan... last year. I don't have a current one I suppose, but I've had many throughout my whole life, regardless of my age. Brad Pitt, Jon Bon Jovi, Ian Somerhalder, etc...

My biggest crush though was for Fernando Gonzalez - a Chilean tennis player during my mid-20s. I used to call him my alternate universe husband :P

Aaah. My favorite cat lady. :P

I'm a nice, fairly young lady and even hot if I forget any modesty... I'm no cat lady. Unless the kitten is you ;)

I'd eat you for breakfast though and I guess you wouldn't complain.