Hotseat 5: Barbara

Spike

That's good to hear. But you'll have to drink at least 3 of those to get even a slight buzz. You should try out other spirits.

I'm not looking for a slight buzz. My friends say I'm naturally drunk, so I'll just drink for the taste of it. One is more than enough, but thanks for the tip ;)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they look alike at all... but I won't lie... I think Jenson is smoking hot too.

But beauty has never played a part in the many sportsmen I love. Rafael Nadal isn't pretty at all and so wasn't Pete Sampras. Many footballers were my 'idols' in their generation or in their years, and they were a far from good looking actually (e.g. Schweinsteiger, Pirlo, Ronaldo (Brazilian), Baggio).

What about in dating? How much do looks influence if you'd go out with a guy? Have you ever dated someone you didn't think is good looking?

What about in dating? How much do looks influence if you'd go out with a guy? Have you ever dated someone you didn't think is good looking?

Beauty is always good, but I think for women is not as important as for men. I see a lot of beautiful women with guys that aren't good looking and rarely see the opposite. I'm no exception for the 'rule'. I've dated very handsome men and also men who weren't good looking at all.

Beauty is always good, but I think for women is not as important as for men. I see a lot of beautiful women with guys that aren't good looking and rarely see the opposite. I'm no exception for the 'rule'. I've dated very handsome men and also men who weren't good looking at all.

In my experience, women care more their beauty than men! :P Honestly, generally women set the 'standards' for what defines a beautiful woman, not men. We just go along with it! :lol:

As for the handsomeness of men, girls are so random in who they see as handsome. I've done some analysis and have concluded that there are no particular criteria what so ever and it's all arbitrary! :P

In my experience, women care more their beauty than men! :P Honestly, generally women set the 'standards' for what defines a beautiful woman, not men. We just go along with it! :lol:

As for the handsomeness of men, girls are so random in who they see as handsome. I've done some analysis and have concluded that there are no particular criteria what so ever and it's all arbitrary! :P

men in Brazil are obsessed with their own appearance literally and going to gym to be in the shape of Johnny Bravo. It's unbearable, but normally women are even worse.

I'm a person that finds a lot of people okay, I don't often think someone is not good looking - which means that when I do... well, they're actually pretty bad :dunno:

But for me to find someone really beautiful, they also have to be breathtaking. But I think a lot of people are cute, pretty and okay.

(Yay I finally get to ask a question on one of these and yay it's Barbara's)

1. If you could change anything in your life (past or present) what would it be?

2. What is the pre-school education system like in Brazil

3. I saw a video today about a crazy Brazilian biker.....man that was a lot of traffic I saw, are all cities like that?

4. What is your dream car

5. Favourite type of shoes?

6. Make up or no make up?

7. If you can have dinner with any celebrity (dead or alive) who would you choose

8. Favourite time of day?

(Yay I finally get to ask a question on one of these and yay it's Barbara's)

1. If you could change anything in your life (past or present) what would it be?

2. What is the pre-school education system like in Brazil

3. I saw a video today about a crazy Brazilian biker.....man that was a lot of traffic I saw, are all cities like that?

4. What is your dream car

5. Favourite type of shoes?

6. Make up or no make up?

7. If you can have dinner with any celebrity (dead or alive) who would you choose

8. Favourite time of day?

1) Would have gone straight to early education major instead of making it the third, lol

2) Education in Brazil is really poor imo, but I think pre-school isn't as bad as elementary and high school levels, but there's plenty of room for improvement. I work at the high class private school - a Canadian school actually - so it's a different reality, but for the public schools, it doesn't focus on the kids as much as it should and I absolutely HATE that in Brazil what's really matter is that your 3-4yo should be able to write. That's insane, they shouldn't start writing so early!

3) Not at all. Sao Paulo has a lot of traffic - it's insane, and bit cities also have some of it, but in general most cities don't have insane traffic. The thing is our public transportation is bad in most cities and Brazilian are silly people. They think having and using a car (regardless of the car, but the more money the person has, more expensive their car must be to show off) is status and that using public transportation or even a bicycle shows you're poor and many are ashamed of it. Also the bikers here ride like crazy, in between lanes of cars, beeping all the time, sometimes taking your side mirror. They're impolite and crazy. There's a stat that my ex-husband said that was divulged in the hospitals that the life expectation of someone who rides a bike everyday is about 3 years if they work with it. That's absolutely crazy. Annually we have more deaths in traffic than the whole Vietnam war had.

4) An Aston Martin, but my next target - attainable - is a BMW. The Aston Martin will just be a dream, lol

5) Pumps - easy one :P

6) Depends on my mood. I never wear it to work, I wear only mascara and lipstick most times I'm getting out, completing it with eyeliner or shadow in the odd day, but I'm not too into it, although I love mascaras.

7) John Bongiovi

8) When I feel sleepy at night and if it's fall or winter - just like now - when I get under the blankets to sleep and feel first that chilly feeling from the empty bed and then it turning into comforting warmth. I simply love that moment. (Close) Second place is definitely when I'm eating. I live to eat.

It's been a pleasure to hear from you and I'm so happy you had a chance to send questions. Don't be a stranger! You're missed ;)

1) Would have gone straight to early education major instead of making it the third, lol

2) Education in Brazil is really poor imo, but I think pre-school isn't as bad as elementary and high school levels, but there's plenty of room for improvement. I work at the high class private school - a Canadian school actually - so it's a different reality, but for the public schools, it doesn't focus on the kids as much as it should and I absolutely HATE that in Brazil what's really matter is that your 3-4yo should be able to write. That's insane, they shouldn't start writing so early!

3) Not at all. Sao Paulo has a lot of traffic - it's insane, and bit cities also have some of it, but in general most cities don't have insane traffic. The thing is our public transportation is bad in most cities and Brazilian are silly people. They think having and using a car (regardless of the car, but the more money the person has, more expensive their car must be to show off) is status and that using public transportation or even a bicycle shows you're poor and many are ashamed of it. Also the bikers here ride like crazy, in between lanes of cars, beeping all the time, sometimes taking your side mirror. They're impolite and crazy. There's a stat that my ex-husband said that was divulged in the hospitals that the life expectation of someone who rides a bike everyday is about 3 years if they work with it. That's absolutely crazy. Annually we have more deaths in traffic than the whole Vietnam war had.

4) An Aston Martin, but my next target - attainable - is a BMW. The Aston Martin will just be a dream, lol

5) Pumps - easy one :P

6) Depends on my mood. I never wear it to work, I wear only mascara and lipstick most times I'm getting out, completing it with eyeliner or shadow in the odd day, but I'm not too into it, although I love mascaras.

7) John Bongiovi

8) When I feel sleepy at night and if it's fall or winter - just like now - when I get under the blankets to sleep and feel first that chilly feeling from the empty bed and then it turning into comforting warmth. I simply love that moment. (Close) Second place is definitely when I'm eating. I live to eat.

It's been a pleasure to hear from you and I'm so happy you had a chance to send questions. Don't be a stranger! You're missed ;)

I miss everyone from here too!! That sexy guy thread needs us both to revive it lol

2. Here we've attempted to introduced a play specific curriculum, a lot of parents were upset that their children weren't learning to read and write :/

3. I definitely saw the weaving in and our of traffic and a few mirrors or side profiles of cars scratched. The video claimed bikers was doing over 100 mph I kept waiting to see him get obliterated by a car. :blush:

Thanks for answering my questions :D

1) Do you like being in the hotseat? Enjoyed it so far?

2) If you could live anywhere in the world (city or country) where would it be?

3) Favourite Chelsea player ever?

4) What would you give to get Ramires and Torres out of this club?

5) Favourite World Cup memory?

Where you happy after Brazil beat Belgium? when Belgium was denied a goal from wilmots?

It was in Japan I think with rivaldo.

I'm sure Belgium just may not got passed, Belgium going true instead of Brazil would mean less money for fifa.

Yesterday they broadcasted Argentina Belgium in the year 86.

Belgium was denied 2 goals, offside they said, it was not even a doubt moment, 3 or 4 m onside!

Then came Maradona and beat our asses.

Fifa nailed us 2 times already!

1) Do you like being in the hotseat? Enjoyed it so far?

2) If you could live anywhere in the world (city or country) where would it be?

3) Favourite Chelsea player ever?

4) What would you give to get Ramires and Torres out of this club?

5) Favourite World Cup memory?

1) I enjoy it very much. It's nice to answer your questions and some of them made me really think about things in my life. It was nearly enlightening.

2) London.

3) Zola

4) Everything short of my soul, lol

5) Brazil's 4th title in 1994 against Italy. It felt surreal, I was 14 and I was ecstatic. It was simply amazing.

Where you happy after Brazil beat Belgium? when Belgium was denied a goal from wilmots?

It was in Japan I think with rivaldo.

I'm sure Belgium just may not got passed, Belgium going true instead of Brazil would mean less money for fifa.

Yesterday they broadcasted Argentina Belgium in the year 86.

Belgium was denied 2 goals, offside they said, it was not even a doubt moment, 3 or 4 m onside!

Then came Maradona and beat our asses.

Fifa nailed us 2 times already!

I don't like it when teams in the WC are denied legal goals. I hate it. Even if it's my team (and I still supported Brazil back then).

In clubs' sport I don't mind it, because there's EPL, UCL, and national leagues just every year, but for someone to work hard four years to make it to a WC and get out because they were denied a legit goal, it's heartbreaking and totally unfair.

I was happy for Brazil, ofc, but I felt guilty and bad for Belgium for real :(

I don't remember the 1986 match though... but one more reason to hate Argentina, hahahahaha

1) I enjoy it very much. It's nice to answer your questions and some of them made me really think about things in my life. It was nearly enlightening.

I did not know about these hot seat thing but I'm glad I discovered it and you where seated.

I love your look on things and a pretty lady who is just as crazy about soccer as I am, come on...

Do you play soccer in a team or can you do some freestyle tricks?

I did not know about these hot seat thing but I'm glad I discovered it and you where seated.

I love your look on things and a pretty lady who is just as crazy about soccer as I am, come on...

Do you play soccer in a team or can you do some freestyle tricks?

No, I don't play football, couldn't even try the first trick, I'm terrible at it. I do love watching it though

@Barbara,

1- When are you going to send me new songs? (this is especially true if you do know more songs like Lifehouse - I'll keep the change)

2- Who's gonna be the best performing player at the WC?

3- Will you accompany me to the mysterious wedding today?

In addition, when are we singing all night on skype again?