Hotseat 5: Barbara

Spike

1 apart from family who has had the greatest influence on your development .?

2 You are highly intelligent but what did you study .?

3 Which do you prefer Tv or a book ?

4 You turned down nominations for Member of Month when it was running ,,, Why , ?

1 good question. Wouldn't know, probably my first pastor although I became a Christian when I was already 21

2 I have three majors: social communication (with a minor in Marketing), theology and pedagogy (early age teaching) - thanks for the intelligent though. Next I'm planning a masters degree in London in children's education.

3 I don't even own a TV currently, so definitely a book. The only thing I watch on tv is football and for that I have a multimedia projector - that I'm too lazy to turn on to watch anything else.

4 Because I think it's a childish award... if I were a decade and a half younger I'm positive I would have loved it. At age 34 I'm over that kind of thing (but I have no problem with whoever likes it, regardless of their age, I'm talking solely about myself. There's nothing wrong with liking it at whatever age)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whos the best Bond?

Pierce Brosnan only because he was the Bond I've watched the most movies. I think I've watched only one with the new guy whose name I forgot now.

But I'm sure if I had a chance to have watched more with Sean Connery I would have said him as he's a hell of an actor, one of my faves. I liked Roger Moore too - saw a couple with him.

How are you ?

How old are you?

How tall are you?

Whats your job?

Do you follow any other sports like basketball or F1?

What do you think about Brazil's WC Squad?

How are you ?

How old are you?

How tall are you?

Whats your job?

Do you follow any other sports like basketball or F1?

What do you think about Brazil's WC Squad?

I already answered some of those in the questions above, but I don't mind answering them again as well as the new ones :)

I'm fine thanks, I'm 34 and I'm 1.71cm tall which Google tells me is 5'7" in American measurement (maybe somewhere else) and I'm a kindergarten teacher and sports writer for Chelsea Brasil.

Currently I follow NBA and tennis. I used to follow F1 in the 90's, not anymore though.

I think it's a very good squad with a trustworthy manager. I think we have clear deficiencies - such as the striker position and creative players (it mostly relies on Neymar for both), but we have a great defense and a system that worked very well with those players and tactics, so I believe we have chances. I think we're second faves - only behind Germany (who also has striker issues imo).

You mean position by position, from any nationality? If so, I'll have to think and probably research a bit, but if you mean one team, Germany.

No, I meant regardless of nationality. Take your time :)

I looooove classic rock. I like blues, jazz, classic, grunge, punk rock, pop rock too. My fave is classic rock though.

Follow up question:

Will you marry me? :wub:

A couple more questions, if I may:

First, I remember you once said you'd like to visit the middle east, do you still like to and why? (PS: I'll make you stuffed vine leafs if you come to Lebanon :D)

Second, and I realize this is very personal (and none of my business), but I'm just curious to know, so please don't feel compelled to answer unless you want to: Would you marry someone who does not share your religious beliefs? Is the answer the same for people from other religions and for atheists?

I already answered some of those in the questions above, but I don't mind answering them again as well as the new ones :)

I'm fine thanks, I'm 34 and I'm 1.71cm tall which Google tells me is 5'7" in American measurement (maybe somewhere else) and I'm a kindergarten teacher and sports writer for Chelsea Brasil.

Currently I follow NBA and tennis. I used to follow F1 in the 90's, not anymore though.

I think it's a very good squad with a trustworthy manager. I think we have clear deficiencies - such as the striker position and creative players (it mostly relies on Neymar for both), but we have a great defense and a system that worked very well with those players and tactics, so I believe we have chances. I think we're second faves - only behind Germany (who also has striker issues imo).

Ok thank you for your answers. :-)

Did you stop to follow F1 because of the death of Ayrton Senna?

No, I meant regardless of nationality. Take your time :)

Follow up question:

Will you marry me? :wub:

A couple more questions, if I may:

First, I remember you once said you'd like to visit the middle east, do you still like to and why? (PS: I'll make you stuffed vine leafs if you come to Lebanon :D)

Second, and I realize this is very personal (and none of my business), but I'm just curious to know, so please don't feel compelled to answer unless you want to: Would you marry someone who does not share your religious beliefs? Is the answer the same for people from other religions and for atheists?

I'm going with my fave system: 4-3-3 and I don't mean those are the very best in their position, but they're my fave in their position, my team should have my faves :P

Goalkeeper: Manuel Neuer

Defense: Philipp Lahm, Leighton Baines, Thiago Silva and Kompany.

Midfield: Xabi Alonso, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Luka Modric

Strikers: Arjen Robben, Cristiano Ronaldo, Luis Suarez (which means I have no CAM, lol), but I can't imagine how frigging perfect would be Robben and Cris coming from the wings and Suarez receiving their assists (basically from Arjen, as Cris doesn't pass much, lol)

That was done at the top of my mind, I didn't do research, so I'd probably change it a bit if I'd researched the NT's teams, but I'm lazy.

OMG, you give me plenty of vine leafs thing and the answer to the follow up question is yes :P

I'd love to visit it because it fascinates me (although I'm not one of those people who love to travel, I love staying in my house, though I love taking the road in my car and just drive away, but that has nothing to do with the destination, it's all about simply driving watching the scenery and landscapes). Everything is so different and I read a lot about the region in the bible (the vegetation, the geography and all that stuff) so I'd love to see those places in person, all of it, not only Israel. Also Arabic people happen to be the people I get along the best as far as the internet goes, so I think I'd love meeting the people as well.

No, I wouldn't and that's not too personal to answer. I wouldn't not because of their beliefs, as I answered in a previous question I respect a lot people from other religions and their own beliefs. I wouldn't for practical reasons (remember I'm very rational). Sometimes my faith is how I decide huge things in my life. I have a personal relationship with God and ask for directions and I feel Him answering to me. I've moved 500km away from my hometown, to a new town where I knew literally no one, got all my personal belongings, didn't even had a place to spend the first night, didn't have a job simply because I felt like God told me to. That was 10 years ago and the best decision I've made in my life and one I would have never made if God hasn't talked to me because every time someone used to ask me if I'd like to move away from my city the answer was always 'no'. Now suppose that happens again and I'm married to someone who doesn't even believe in God. Do you think they'd agree? Would they even consider it? Maybe yes, maybe no, but it'd be difficult. I want to have kids, I would like to raise them with the same beliefs as me (though once they're old enough they're of course, entitled to choose whatever they believe), how come could I do it with someone that believes differently or doesn't believe at all? Maybe we could show both sides for them, but they'd be confused. So it's not about sharing the same religion, but about the practicals aspects of it as I'm very connected to God myself. If I were one of those people who are religious but in a superficial degree, I probably wouldn't have those problems, but that's not the case. I take God and my beliefs very seriously (but I don't take religion seriously, if you can say the difference). Marriage as already a difficult relationship, if you add more conflicts to the already natural ones, you're begging for the problems to take over and I wouldn't rationally do something like that. It's a rational decision rather than a religious decision. I would never ask someone to convert to my religion just so we marry. It's not about religion, but about how much God influences your life decisions. One's religion is very personal and I'd rather marry someone with the same views as me (which sometimes it's hard to find even in the same religion) than ask someone to share the same views. I'd never ask that at all, I'd rather give up the relationship altogether. I don't believe in people changing people about anything. If I want to be with you, I have to accept you as you are because I want to be accepted as I am as well. And that goes from how you press the pasta tube (from the middle or from the end) to your spiritual beliefs. Without respect a relationship is faded to end and not respecting a person as they are is the main reason why I think people get married to the wrong people and later divorce.

Ok thank you for your answers. :-)

Did you stop to follow F1 because of the death of Ayrton Senna?

Nope, I've watched plenty of it after he died. I watched all of Schumacher's titles, even though all of them were post-Senna's death (although I'd be considered a 'hater' of his, I always cheered against him). It just became boring in the mid 2000's and it's still boring.

I do support Jenson Button though - who's my fave pilot ever after Senna himself. Don't know why I love the guy so much, but I do. Again, chemistry :P

Ohh forgot one interesting question.

What comes to Brazilian people mind`s when they hear sonething about ''Austria".

I can't answer for everyone else. I'm sure many, many, many Brazilians don't even know it exists (and that has nothing to do with Austria, but with the social differences I talked earlier, that leads many of us not to go to school). For me, the Alps for sure.

Your house catches fire ( sorry -_- ), but your friends/family/pets are all safe. You have just enough time to go back inside and grab one thing. What do you save?

laptop

easy one :P

Wish I could do that second one..

Do you like watching movies? If so, any specific type? Do you have any favourite actors/actresses?

I don't watch much TV and don't go to the movies often, but that's because I grew out if the habit as I love watching good movies and some romcom.

Angelina Jolie, Robert Redford, Al Pacino, Robert de Niro, Sean Connery, Denzel Washington, Keanu Reeves among others.

In Portuguese there's a saying: eating and

praying all you need is start. That's true imo

I don't watch much TV and don't go to the movies often, but that's because I grew out if the habit as I love watching good movies and some romcom.

Angelina Jolie, Robert Redford, Al Pacino, Robert de Niro, Sean Connery, Denzel Washington, Keanu Reeves among others.

In Portuguese there's a saying: eating and

praying all you need is start. That's true imo

The Special One, or Ancelotti?

The Special One, or Ancelotti?

Mourinho

I'm not a big fan of Carlo as a manager. I think he's an endearing person, I like his persona a lot, but as a football manager, Mourinho every day of the week.