Raphael Varane

Sidzeret

Should be our number 1 transfer target in the summer. Worldclass defenders are a rare commodity these days. Varane at 21 is already a great defender and has the potential to be worldclass.

With next season likely being Terry's last season it would be stupid not to go after Varane.

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he is performing well?Does he have any weaknesses?The only thing I know and I saw was that he has crazy skills with the ball,but I do not know if he really is that good,or is he just a overhyped David Luiz?

Strenghts :

- 21 with plenty of experience, World Cup, Champions League final, El Classicos,

- tall (1,91 m)

- VERY fast either over a short period and a long. He's probably the fastest defender at this level when you combine both acceleration and a top speed over the longer distance,

- strong in the air, good jumping and good headers,

- ridiculously good on the ball. Has fantastic technique for a defender. He's good with either feet. Can play a quick, accurate pass even under pressure. Rarely ever hoofing the ball. Simply brilliant.

- confidence, calmness and reads the game very well

Weaknessess :

- may have a problem with very physical forward,

- is not a leader yet,

- sometimes is too nice. He hasn't got "a sin" in his game

Overall, he's extremely talented defender. Since I started watching football I've never saw someone so talented who combine physical traits, mentality and such calmness with ridiculous technique. He can be modern legend of a game, the talent is outstanding. For me he's way more talented that Zouma but I think they both would combine very well because Zouma would make up for gentelman's game of Varane.

No. 1 target for me. He ticks every boxes we need for our new defender, proactivity, calmness and ball-playing. Have a feeling we will get him, everything puzzles very well.

Real Madrid won't sell even if Pepe signs a new deal. They only have 3 cbs and don't need money.

Pepe 32 years old

Ramos 29 years old this month

Varane 21 years

Varane is their future and only signed a new deal, he won't leave.

But Madrid are the type of team to say "fuck it" and offer Dortmund €50 for Hummels. You can't rule anything out with those fuckers! :lol:

Even United have Problems to lure hummels and he is too expensive. We have to go on bidding war with united

Bidding war for whom? Varane or Hummels? Because I can't see any reason why Chelsea would be stupid enough to pay that money for Hummels. He is damn overrated and slow as fuck. Terry at 34 would beat him in a 100m race.

Bidding war for whom? Varane or Hummels? Because I can't see any reason why Chelsea would be stupid enough to pay that money for Hummels. He is damn overrated and slow as fuck. Terry at 34 would beat him in a 100m race.

Varane is much worse defender. He cant defend as good and his opening passes are just woeful.

He has a long way to go, but in Real the last months hes been pathetic to the extrem

Have you guys actually seen varane this season?

he hasn't been world class at all...

He hasn't been at his best this season but under Mourinho he was great. He 's 21 years old so ofcourse he's not worldclass yet but he definitely has the potential to be and he's already a great defender.

Also how many worldclass defenders are there atm ? Not a lot i'd say. Most of them are either nearing 30 or are simply impossible to get.

For me he's the best option to replace Terry in the long run.

He hasn't been at his best this season but under Mourinho he was great. He 's 21 years old so ofcourse he's not worldclass yet but he definitely has the potential to be and he's already a great defender.

Also how many worldclass defenders are there atm ? Not a lot i'd say. Most of them are either nearing 30 or are simply impossible to get.

The state of defenders this days is that I don't know who to consider world-class.

For example, one of the elite defender this season, I mean a top 5, is Naldo. Last season was Benatia. Godin was clearly the best in 2014. Boateng, Hummels, the guys who are ticking bombs and can explode any time are widely regarded as a world-class defenders.

Hi!

Totally agree with you.

Maybe now Varane is not at its best moment, but when Jose was at Real Madrid he had a totally spectacular level.

I think Varane is having a good performance this season. Not having the level when Jose was at Real Madrid, but its level is good despite having only 21 years. Varane Perhaps the problem is that he has been backup Ramos and Pepe, and Varana has just started playing when they have been injured. A moment that coincided with the worst level of Real Madrid this season.

Real Madrid is a totally anarchic team. When results are bad, their offensive players defend absolutely nothing and the computer breaks. Being Centre-Back at Real Madrid is crazy with them have bad results.

I think it's a problem of confidence in itself. When Jose was at Real Madrid he was the golden child. Jose's bid for Varane was very strong and Jose made him feel important. Varane was the greatest discovery of Jose at Real Madrid.

Now it's different. Pepe (traitor) is the maximum opponent of the clash with Jose, and all pseudomadridistas defend the renewal of contract of Pepe because he defended Iker Casillas

against Jose. The same thing happens with Sergio Ramos. He tries to get a new big contract with constant attacks on Jose.

The renovation of both is in Madrid and the demonstration that the draft Jose

Real Madrid is definitely forgotten and buried. If Jose had continued at Real Madrid Pepe and Ramos probably they have been sold.

The renovation of both Madrid is seen as the demonstration that the draft of Jose at Real Madrid is definitely forgotten and buried. If Jose had continued at Real Madrid Pepe and Ramos probably they have been sold.

In short, Varane means "The draft of Jose" Pepe and Ramos and mean "The project against Jose". So Varane are not having any type of support and he almost plays the few minutes that do not play Ramos and Pepe.

When Jose gave Varane full confidence he responded with a spectacular performance. He even gave a level that few players would give 19 years of age.

But Varane is young. If he comes to us he is going to have a coach who knows you well and will give all his trust.

Varane (21) and Zouma (20) could be the best pair of Centre-Backs of the next decade.

Right now we have a unique opportunity. If we do not take this opportunity probably at Euro 2016 will see how Real Madrid has the best Centre-Back in the world.

The Real Madrid is accustomed to make many outlandish nonsense. They are able to sell Varane and stay with Ramos and Pepe. Real Madrid is only important the present. For them plan for the future is a nonsense.

We are building a team to dominate football in the next decade. Courtois, Zouma, Hazard or Azpilicueta. Varane has to be the next piece of our puzzle.

Regards.

Regards to ALL.

• 2 weeks later...
Pepe's Real Madrid contract renewal until 2018 is imminent. The Portuguese defender will extend his contract by two years. The club only offered him a one-year deal at first, but they changed their proposal.

http://as.com/diarioas/2015/03/28/english/1427527140_708163.html

Real Madrid is close to losing Varane...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You