Chelsea v West Ham

Jase

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not gonna be an easy fixture in my view.

No matter what run of poor form they may have been in there are a number of factors that just might raise their performance, namely:

• Carroll is getting fitter, and make no mistake, he's a handful
  • New signings may have a positive effect on them
  • They've returning defenders from injury
  • It's a London derby and for them it's a big game, not so much for us - will we be ready to match them up physically and then let our better players take hold of the game

Not gonna be an easy fixture, I read here. Lol.

Whom does Chelsea want to beat if not West Ham, I may ask ?

They are the bottom club, no match for Chelsea.

Just hammer them 3 zip & go home to rest for Monday.

Potentially one of those classic Chelsea matches we've seen over the past few seasons. Everyone picking us to blow a team off the pitch and get a nailed on 3 points but we play like we aren't bothered and concede a stupid goal at the death and lose.

Or the more annoying type of match we've been seeing the past few seasons where we dominate a side completely and have 10 shots on target without scoring. We concede a goal completely against the run of play and lose to a bottom table side. We then bemoan our utter lack of clinical finishing.

This match doesn't suddenly become 'must-win' after Arsenal's result...every match is until the end of the season now. Plus it's not a walkover. It's a London derby against a team who can cause us problems if we underestimate them.

For me, Lamps has to play in games against the Hammers. That means I wouldn't be surprised to see us go 433, maybe rest Oscar and have Matic and Rami in the middle. Terry and Cahill at the back (why change this?) and maybe Ivanovic and Azpi as the full-backs. Up top might as well go with Ba.

This match doesn't suddenly become 'must-win' after Arsenal's result...every match is until the end of the season now. Plus it's not a walkover. It's a London derby against a team who can cause us problems if we underestimate them.

For me, Lamps has to play in games against the Hammers. That means I wouldn't be surprised to see us go 433, maybe rest Oscar and have Matic and Rami in the middle. Terry and Cahill at the back (why change this?) and maybe Ivanovic and Azpi as the full-backs. Up top might as well go with Ba.

I'd swoon if we went 4-3-3 with Lamps, Matić, and Ramires with Azpi and Iva as fullbacks.

Couldn't see anything other than a win if we lined up like that.

Got to give BA a chance , Eto'o was once again horrendous! if we had a striker we would have won it comfortably ! He can't even hold the ball up.

Eto'o is still the best striker we have. Torres is a con artist and Ba was never world class in the first place. Mourinho was wrong when he said Arsenal would be title contenders if we had given them Ba.

Eto'o is one of the best strikers of all time and being 32 doesn't mean he's not as good. Ibrahimovic is 32 and he's better now than he ever was before. Playing in the Russian league doesn't magically transform a player into shit, otherwise Willian would also be suffering from this "Russian league syndrome".

He just needs time to adapt. Some players don't adapt to different environments and teams easily. Just look at Modric at Real Madrid. The Spanish media called him "the worst signing of the year" last year, and now they feel idiotic because every time he plays he shows he's the best CM in the world.

Potentially one of those classic Chelsea matches we've seen over the past few seasons. Everyone picking us to blow a team off the pitch and get a nailed on 3 points but we play like we aren't bothered and concede a stupid goal at the death and lose.

Or the more annoying type of match we've been seeing the past few seasons where we dominate a side completely and have 10 shots on target without scoring. We concede a goal completely against the run of play and lose to a bottom table side. We then bemoan our utter lack of clinical finishing.

Much written here but not my cup of team.

The bottom line...Chelsea wins tonight & we move on to better games. On Monday Citeh. There you may analyze all you want.